PDA

View Full Version : Any helpful suggestions?

tburch82
09-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Heys guys, I just recently bought the G75vw a week ago. The main problem im having with it is while printing reports with Mircosoft Office 2010, at random moments during printing i get the BSOD. Im using a hp deskjet 1000, that I used with another laptop and had no problems. I created a set of back up disc's with the updated AI recovery and recovered it back to factory specs last night. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the printer driver numurous times, both from the website and the driver disc. Main reason I done the recovery was because the computer just shut down on me last night while taking an online. I was running micro trend and after the recovery i installed AVG thinking maybe it was some sort of virus. So, mainly its BSOD while printing and the one time it just went black screen and restarted.

n1ghtl1fe
09-07-2012, 12:30 AM
If the issue is only happening when your printing it for sure sounds like a driver issue to me. If its a lower end HP and you dont need any of the HP bloatware i would unplug the usb, completely uninstall HP's drivers through control panel, then download Driver Sweeper LINK. (http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-(Setup)_d1655.html) Driver Sweeper is a nice tiny program that finds leftover files and registry entries for certain hardware drivers and deletes them. I use it every time I update my Nvidia or VIA drivers, its helped me fix driver issues a few times now. Just run it after doing a regular uninstall and click on the HP-Drivers box and hit clean (i just checked to make sure it has a setting for HP drivers). Once its done, restart and just plug the printer in without installing any drivers Windows will automatically install drivers for it and it will still work just the same.

Then try printing again see how it goes and let us know. Also for security I would check out MSE and Malware Bytes, both decent programs. gl man

tburch82
09-07-2012, 01:19 AM
If the issue is only happening when your printing it for sure sounds like a driver issue to me. If its a lower end HP and you dont need any of the HP bloatware i would unplug the usb, completely uninstall HP's drivers through control panel, then download Driver Sweeper LINK. (http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-(Setup)_d1655.html) Driver Sweeper is a nice tiny program that finds leftover files and registry entries for certain hardware drivers and deletes them. I use it every time I update my Nvidia or VIA drivers, its helped me fix driver issues a few times now. Just run it after doing a regular uninstall and click on the HP-Drivers box and hit clean (i just checked to make sure it has a setting for HP drivers). Once its done, restart and just plug the printer in without installing any drivers Windows will automatically install drivers for it and it will still work just the same.

Then try printing again see how it goes and let us know. Also for security I would check out MSE and Malware Bytes, both decent programs. gl man

Thanks, so far so good. that driver sweeper is a nice tool to have.