PDA

View Full Version : I just got my ASUS G75 VW (Questions)

RollinDavar
09-07-2012, 07:37 PM
So far(knock on wood) everything seems to be going smoothly. I uninstalled allot of bloatware and parked my notebook next to my Y580. I read allot about problems here and was wonder if these were caused mostly by user error or just lemon laptops? I wont OC anything or boost anything. I just want to keep it reliable and i plan on taking it around daily for work/school so it has to be able to survive the travel.

How are others fairing?

c_man
09-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Well, most people that own a problem free G75 will never see this forum.

cl-scott
09-07-2012, 07:49 PM
You have to keep in mind that you get kind of a skewed sample looking at forums like this. It's a pretty rare thing when someone comes to a forum like this and posts something like, "Hey everyone, just wanted to stop by to say that everything is working great. No problems to report. That is all."

Short of testing every single unit before it leaves the factory, which would be extremely expensive and time consuming, companies use statistical sampling. You test every X number of unit batches that are produced. The math works out to being able to get up around 99.7% confidence, but of course there is that 0.3% which will invariably slip through the cracks. Doesn't matter if we're talking about laptops, lightbulbs, or pretty much any other mass produced good. You will have some that are defective, and so that is why you have a warranty. In the case of your G75, Asus is saying that if the unit breaks within that warranty period, we'll fix it on our dime. If every product produced was perfect, then you'd never need to have a guarantee or warranty on any product. How many computers do you see being sold without a warranty because it's perfect?

RollinDavar
09-07-2012, 08:46 PM
1 if my USB ports lights up, but it does not show up in windows. What could be wrong with it?
The other blue usb next to works fine it appears.

Also, what's DATA D drive for? Partition for what? It seems so small its unnecessary.

Shawnnepc
09-07-2012, 08:51 PM
1 if my USB ports lights up, but it does not show up in windows. What could be wrong with it?
The other blue usb next to works fine it appears.

Also, what's DATA D drive for? Partition for what? It seems so small its unnecessary.

Unplug the device and plug it back in.

Mine does that on one of my USB ports as well

RollinDavar
09-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Unplug the device and plug it back in.

Mine does that on one of my USB ports as well

I did that, one of the blue USB 3.0s still doesn't work. I put my Toshiba external HDD in and it didn't work but did light up, and work once. The one next to works fine all the time. Don't know what the issue is.

cl-scott
09-07-2012, 09:27 PM
That would probably be your recovery partition, used for restoring the software.

RollinDavar
09-07-2012, 09:39 PM
ANyone know what could be wrong with my USB port?