PDA

View Full Version : G75 is good equipment

mascondante
09-08-2012, 04:49 PM
So far our laptop has been dropped a couple of times and left out in the rain. Though this would destroy a normal laptop, our G75 is doing well except for some water that got in the screen. The damage is very slowly fading away, but at the cost of a darker screen which all in all isn't so bad.

Thanks for building a quality product, Asus.

Oh, if someone does manage to junk one I would be interested in a screen. Could barely afford the laptop so definitely cannot afford a new screen.

Imbranu
09-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Just a quick question? If you could barely afford the laptop then how do you leave it out in the rain and drop it not once but a couple of times. I mean it does go to show how well these computers are built but maybe you should try and protect your investment a little better. But to each his own.

mrwolf
09-08-2012, 05:49 PM
haha lol, Looks like it can take some punishment :) Good to hear tho that its a resilient machine,
Thanks

patrisk
09-08-2012, 05:57 PM
it is a great laptop. i got mine a few days ago and so far no issue at all, hopefully it stays that way i dont intend to drop it or leave it in rain xD :)

Shawnnepc
09-08-2012, 07:26 PM
You can use your ADP to get a new screen

"It's a fact - accidents happen to all of us. We have all been there and we have felt that same frustration. Our ADP program has been created to help protect you against accidental damage such as liquid spills, electrical surges,and drops. It is yet another way to 100% satisfaction from an ASUS product. When an accident happens, call our technical support to report the cause and extent of damage of your system. ASUS will work hard to repair your notebook as quickly as possible FREE of charge."

http://completewarranty.asus.com/Content/US/ADP/adp.aspx

Best of luck and Welcome to the ROG community!

So far our laptop has been dropped a couple of times and left out in the rain. Though this would destroy a normal laptop, our G75 is doing well except for some water that got in the screen. The damage is very slowly fading away, but at the cost of a darker screen which all in all isn't so bad.

Thanks for building a quality product, Asus.

Oh, if someone does manage to junk one I would be interested in a screen. Could barely afford the laptop so definitely cannot afford a new screen.

mascondante
09-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Just a quick question? If you could barely afford the laptop then how do you leave it out in the rain and drop it not once but a couple of times. I mean it does go to show how well these computers are built but maybe you should try and protect your investment a little better. But to each his own.

I excluded that tidbit because it's a bit embarrassing. All I will say is my fiancee wasn't home so I decided to see if I could drink until I could smell colors... or something like that. Anyway, apparently I decided to go singing in the rain or some such foolishness that evening. As far as the dropping goes, my fiancee has very bad wrists (she's a writer) and drops it sometimes.

mascondante
09-08-2012, 08:13 PM
You can use your ADP to get a new screen

"It's a fact - accidents happen to all of us. We have all been there and we have felt that same frustration. Our ADP program has been created to help protect you against accidental damage such as liquid spills, electrical surges,and drops. It is yet another way to 100% satisfaction from an ASUS product. When an accident happens, call our technical support to report the cause and extent of damage of your system. ASUS will work hard to repair your notebook as quickly as possible FREE of charge."

http://completewarranty.asus.com/Content/US/ADP/adp.aspx

Best of luck and Welcome to the ROG community!

Thank you VERY much for that info. I will look into that.

Imbranu
09-08-2012, 08:15 PM
It's cool just kinda wield to hear something like a laptop catching some rain and being dropped. I know if my wife dropped the Lappy I would give her the stern eye lol.

GottiBoi55
09-09-2012, 06:22 AM
Good to hear your lappy passed the torture test.
I would use the ADP, you have 60 days to activate from purchase date.
So RMA your lappy ......and good luck!

bignazpwns
09-09-2012, 07:06 AM
To bad him saying he left it out and got it wet voided his warranty.

GottiBoi55
09-09-2012, 01:24 PM
To bad him saying he left it out and got it wet voided his warranty.

That's not really true, if you activate the ADP within 60 days you are covered for, drops, spills, and rain damage would be water damage like"spills" any kind of accidental damage.

bignazpwns
09-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Rain damage is considered flood damage that the warranty does not cover. Asus could chose to or not to honor the warranty.

Shawnnepc
09-09-2012, 11:52 PM
The ADP is always there. If you register within 60 days you keep a 'free' 6 month extension

Good to hear your lappy passed the torture test.
I would use the ADP, you have 60 days to activate from purchase date.
So RMA your lappy ......and good luck!

GottiBoi55
09-10-2012, 12:30 AM
Rain damage is considered flood damage that the warranty does not cover. Asus could chose to or not to honor the warranty.

Well, don't ask, don't tell is what i would do.
Just claim water damage.