PDA

View Full Version : Brightness issue/confusion

colpolite
09-08-2012, 05:32 PM
I have my brightness setting at 60% on my g55 right now and the same with all my other laptops. What I don't get is my brightness increases automatically to 100% max whenever i run any type of game or benchmark application like 3dmark vantage 06/11.

As soon as i leave the application or game and i'm back to my desktop, my brightness setting is still 100% and I have to manually readjust it again using power options or fn+ command key.

So to sum it up, my brightness and i like it 60% and so I set it at 60% but then when i run a benchmark or i run a game, it forces my brightnes to a very eye hurting uncomfortable 100% brightness and after i leave the app or game, it sticks to 100% until i manually adjust it again.

What is going on pls

c_man
09-09-2012, 08:59 AM
It's a know bug. I found no fix for it.

iBoody
09-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Here also the same issue!!! Sometimes you guys may also notice that this could happens when you turn-on or restart the machine! Brightness set to it's maximum even you in the customize power plan. So that I have to refresh the power plan to get back my customize brightness. Indeed this's a pain in the ass...

colpolite
09-09-2012, 03:35 PM
I knew it hehe. I have a hunch it mighth have something to do with the atk package driver that goes with it or the splendid enchancement or probably one of the nvidia settings that is causing the brightnes to go up n down.

Try and play with those and see if it fixes it if you guys have time.

colpolite
09-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Can't let this one die so im going to keep bumping it until someone finds a fix.

I discovered a few things, the issue does not happen when playing Counter-Strike Global Offensive or DIablo 3 and my brightness setting stays the same. But when i run World of Warcraft or Crysis, the brightness shoots up to maximum 100% then after manually readjusting the brightness via fn+ key, when you alt/tab out of game to surf the net or check your desktop, the brightness shoots up to 100% again then u manuall readjust again, then when you tab back to game, it shoots up to 100% brightness again.

This is really annoying since you have to constantly adjust the brightness setting via FN+ brightness up or down key everytime you are in game and when you want to tab out for a few sec to maybe surf the net etc..