PDA

View Full Version : Asus G55vw Touchpad has stopped working

carleton3636
09-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Hello Forum,

The title of this thread says it all, my touchpad on my g55vw has stopped working randomly. I hadn't used my laptop for a few days and when I finally had time to use it, I noticed that the touchpad had stopped working. The "fn" + "f9" key combination doesn't work and after downloading a recommended driver from the Asus member website, I had noticed that the window that displayed whether or not the touchpad was disabled or not had stopped popping up.

If someone could please help me with this dilemma it would be greatly appreciated. I rather liked having the option to not have to use a mouse all the time.

rewben
09-10-2012, 02:10 AM
i have no such issue with the drivers from asus. i have updated my bios to 209 (the bios caused minor keyboard back lid bugs that i can live with).

previously i tried the latest drivers from station-drivers.com. it did not play well with the programs from asus that take care of fn keys.

i think you should try uninstall the driver, reboot, and reinstall it.

Usman.Nik
10-17-2013, 11:45 PM
Hello, i have Asus G75VW it's touchpad is not working after login it's cursor is frozen please tell me the solution.

Pitcher@asus
10-18-2013, 02:15 AM
do you have dismatle laptop before or do the anything? if yes, please try make sure cable is connect normal, if no, please try reinstall driver.
or sent to service center.

GottiBoi55
10-20-2013, 01:36 AM
Update to the latest version of the ATK Package, if already up to date do a repair install then.
Hopefully that will fix your issue.

Vicerox
05-01-2014, 05:49 AM
I've run into the same problem. Can't understand if this is a Bios, ATK Driver or Windows OS related issue.

Vicerox
05-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Can someone share a screenshot of the ASUS g55 Touch pad in the Device Manager (Windows 8 or 8.1), please. I think mine is not showing up in there.

Clintlgm
05-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Of course you have installed the latest software for the track pad? My G75VW ran on a generic windows track pad driver until I loaded the correct driver.