PDA

View Full Version : G50 -> No display until windows is loaded ???

Hustler819
09-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Hi ,

I have a G50VT-X5 , everything was fine until a couple weeks ago , the display stop working from when i push the power button til windows is loaded...

When windows is loaded i got display fine , running smooth like nothing is wrong ..

I don't see the post or the asus logo , if i try to go into the bios im sure it does go in (since i've been playing aroung long enought to know what key to press ) but i don't see a single thing..

The monitor doesn't seen to even flicker until windows login screen .

I tried uninstalling the driver from windows and re-installing -> Same thing

Any one have a idea?

Thanks .

dstrakele
09-10-2012, 12:38 AM
That's curious you have no video in the BIOS, but do get it in Windows. If I were experiencing that issue, I'd try connecting the laptop to an external monitor or HDTV and see if that provided video in the BIOS. Then I'd try to "Load Optimized Defaults", then Save & Exit. You may have to attempt this blindly. I can't recall the necessary keystrokes from memory, so you may need to research that as well.

If that failed and a BIOS update is available, I'd try to flash it.

You could also first try discharging the laptop by unplugging, removing the battery and all peripherals, holding down the Power On button for 30 seconds, plugging back in, and trying to start the laptop.