PDA

View Full Version : g74sx wont even POST

ravincia
09-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Was browsing the web yesterday morning when the laptop died on me. It wont even POST. The led lights indicators wont even light up when i tried charging it. I tried taking out the battery and charger then putting it back, and even reinstalling the ram and hdd's, but nothing worked. Anyone knows what's wrong with the laptop? Or is it better to just RMA it?

ravincia
09-10-2012, 02:41 AM
PS. i didnt try to modify my BIOS in any way so i highly doubt that my motherboard is bricked.

Boosted_R
09-10-2012, 03:27 AM
RMA it.....seems you tried doing everything you could......motherboard looks like it checked out

ravincia
09-10-2012, 03:34 AM
Well, I live in Singapore so i'm not exactly sure how to RMA it. Do i just go down to the local service centre and request for a RMA?

Boosted_R
09-10-2012, 04:20 AM
hmmmm, not sure what you would do in that case... message Mason@ASUS on this forum... should be able to point you in the right direction

ravincia
09-10-2012, 04:30 AM
Alright will do so. thanks

ravincia
09-10-2012, 04:45 AM
Ahaha seems like i cant send him a pm because he has too many already. Oh wells. Hope a (insert_name_here)@asus sees this thread then.

dstrakele
09-10-2012, 05:33 AM
If you are still within your retailer's exchange/return period, exchanging your defective laptop for a new one is the best choice.

Otherwise, here is a thread to guide you through the RMA process: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?7004-ASUS-ROG-Support-Guide-and-RMA-Procedure-READ-THIS-FIRST. If your laptop is still covered under Warranty, an RMA to ASUS for Warranty repair may be your most cost effective option. If your laptop is out of Warranty, ASUS will quote you a price for a repair.

cl-scott
09-10-2012, 05:34 PM
hmmmm, not sure what you would do in that case... message Mason@ASUS on this forum... should be able to point you in the right direction

While Mason may still be around from time to time, as of Thursday last week he is no longer @ASUS. He has moved on to other things. I'm taking donations for a better chair, since I let the new girl have Mason's old chair. Actually, I'm kidding about the donations. That's probably frowned upon.

Anyway, Asus Singapore's phone number is: 0065-064157917 11AM-7PM M-F (I assume those are local times). They should be able to help you set up an RMA.

PILGRIM
09-10-2012, 05:49 PM
While Mason may still be around from time to time, as of Thursday last week he is no longer @ASUS. He has moved on to other things. I'm taking donations for a better chair, since I let the new girl have Mason's old chair. Actually, I'm kidding about the donations. That's probably frowned upon.

Anyway, Asus Singapore's phone number is: 0065-064157917 11AM-7PM M-F (I assume those are local times). They should be able to help you set up an RMA.

Hope that's not some bad news, or is it?.. Never encountered Mason, but I thought he's
one of the ASUS guys these Forums had been with.. And he was thought about to be the
"RMA guy" and more.. Hope he's ok wherever he is moved, at this time.. Good luck to you, Mason!

So, is it one less very capable ASUS employeee now (especially with these forums)?..

dstrakele
09-10-2012, 06:34 PM
While Mason may still be around from time to time, as of Thursday last week he is no longer @ASUS. He has moved on to other things.

I suppose there could be worse news for those with problem RMA's, but I just can't think of what that would be.....

cl-scott
09-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Hope that's not some bad news, or is it?..

Nothing ominous. He left on good terms for other prospects, but I will let him give whatever particulars he feels like giving when he has a chance to stop by. The worst that happened was by the time Mason got to his own going away party, everyone else had eaten almost all of the pizza. That'll teach him to be 10-15 minutes late!

Boosted_R
09-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Nothing ominous. He left on good terms for other prospects, but I will let him give whatever particulars he feels like giving when he has a chance to stop by. The worst that happened was by the time Mason got to his own going away party, everyone else had eaten almost all of the pizza. That'll teach him to be 10-15 minutes late!

That sucks, who's the go to guy now ?

dstrakele
09-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Yer quotin' him in your post, good buddy!

cl-scott
09-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Yer quotin' him in your post, good buddy!

Just remember I'm only one person, and I have to represent Asus on several forums aside ROG. There's a limit to how much I can do, and sometimes I may be slow to respond. I won't be able to do a lot of the in depth testing Mason would do, at least not until/if they get someone new in to help out.

Boosted_R
09-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Asus needs to increase support not reduce it.......... If it wasn't for some of us on this forums their would be little to no support..... Laptop support is extremely lacking...... Hopefully they get someone to help you out, cl-scott

cl-scott
09-11-2012, 12:25 AM
To be fair, this whole department of 6 people now that we're less Mason, was created for that reason specifically. I just happen to be the only one handling forums full time. So, rather than be negative about how they're not doing enough, I'm choosing to be a bit more positive and saying they're at least addressing the issue. Deep down I'm very much the consumer advocate, but I recognize there are competing concerns within the business, so it's important neither side gets too greedy in their demands. I'm sure eventually they'll hire someone to replace Mason, but it's not as easy as snapping your fingers. So just kind of bear with me until then.

ravincia
09-11-2012, 08:21 AM
Alright just sent the laptop in for repair. Told me to wait for around 5 days. Thats ok, but what i found weird is that the technician said that singapore doesnt do a RMA service? Seriously?!