PDA

View Full Version : g73jh-tz002v sound problem

kocjak
09-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Hi, i have a very strange issue. Last week when i play, my notebook crashed like for few second freezing my sound and my game and then blue screen, after restart everything radomly hard freezing and i can't do anything. In the safe mode its normal.
I tried:
- backup system
- installing a new and some old realtek drivers
- unistalling Creative software
Yesterday i uninstall the realtek hd audio driver and system replace it standard driver, for a one day my notebook working good, sound was divided for a 2 parts - 1- subwoofer, 2- speakers but not freezing anymore. Today i launch the computer and boom its like at start, freezing all the system. I think its a audio drivers problem but i tried install some new and old drivers and nothing.
Please help if you can.

dstrakele
09-11-2012, 12:23 PM
If you can't reproduce the lockups in Safe Mode, it is most likely a driver issue. Did you try using Windows System Restore to restore your system back a week or so, before the lockups started?

1) What applications have you installed to your laptop? Driver conflict is a typical cause of system lockups and Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, Remote Access, and Disk Management software are the usual suspects. Selecitively uninstalling suspect apps, then REBOOT, and attempting to reproduce the lockup is one way to troubleshoot.

2) Bad Memory can also lead to system lockups. I recommend running memtest86+ on memory stick pairs using at least 3 passes each to test that your memory is sound. Any reported errors is a fail.

3) Make sure you are runnng the latest firmware for your SSD, if one is installed on your system.

kocjak
09-11-2012, 12:41 PM
I tried now install some other realtek hd drivers and now i can't load my system ;/ its freeze at loading logo windows and then a blue screen... i can only start in safe mode without internet connection becouse it freeze too. Maybe only reinstall Windows can help? Or i have a 209 bios i can upgrade it to 213, maybe it help?

dstrakele
09-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Did you try a Windows System Restore from Safe Mode to a time before the first lockup?

kocjak
09-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Yes, i tried... nothing. I will reinstall Windows. Update bios from 209 to 213 is a good idea?

dstrakele
09-11-2012, 05:01 PM
As I understand it, BIOS 211 or later is recommended for the G73JH Vbios update (see http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Frog.asus.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread .php%3F519-G73Jh-GSOD-Vbios-Update&ei=GW1PUM-VC--C2gWKz4HABQ&usg=AFQjCNH5egA8ic-_XnDPh8S-ZSv-iSmRDA&sig2=rF8riEAl3ZdnPV9AhvNy1Q). That is something you may also wish to consider.

A clean Windows install is a bit of effort to resolve a lockup issue as compared to troubleshooting for a conflicting app, but if it has been a year or more since you last installed Windows, I'd probably reinstall if I had the time...

If bad memory or a bad filesystem is involved in your lockup issue, a Windows reinstall will be a wasted effort. It's best to confirm both are sound before proceeding further.

kocjak
09-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Last i installed Windows about 2 years ago, so maybe reinstall will be the best. I write when i install all.

kocjak
09-12-2012, 08:56 AM
I can't finish my clean installation, because after the restart i have error: PXE-E01: PCI Vendor and Device IDs do not match...
What can i do which this... I have disabled this option in bios...

kocjak
09-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Ok, freeze in "complete" part of installation. The issue is in hardware... I have a Hiren Bootable v.15.1 and im doing now memtest86+, i dont know about rest of the software on this CD so can someone tell me what can i use too? For hard disc test for example?

dstrakele
09-12-2012, 10:18 PM
http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd indicates your Hiren's bootable disk has the CrystalDiskInfo 4.0.1 disk health utility. Otherwise, the hits in this Google search will give you some suggestions: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=hard+disk+diagnostic+windows+7&oq=Hard+disk+diagnostic+&gs_l=hp.1.3.0l4.0.0.1.1021.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.le s%3B..0.0...1c.6JxxqDu-u0s&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=dd1ef7fb9d8fc96c&biw=1083&bih=523. Maybe some other folks can weigh in with their favorite.

Be sure to run at least 3 passes of memtest86+, preferably on one pair of memory sticks at a time.