PDA

View Full Version : G75 Screen at low refresh rate

Sqnkov
09-11-2012, 12:49 PM
First of all I want to say Hi to all of you people in the ROG community! I just got my G75 notebook 5 days ago and I am proud of it so far. There seems to be only one problem for me during this fairly short period of usage. I dont like staring at a fully brightened display for long periods of time , makes my eyes and head tired. So when I lower the brightness below 80% just like it says in the other two threads I went trough...

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?19676-G75VW-Display-Problem&highlight=display+problem
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5536-Asus-G74-screen-flicker-(dark-backgrounds-and-low-brightness)&p=108570&viewfull=1#post108570

...my screen starts waving from top to bottom as you all know. I found the 67 hz solution , but I was wondering is it dangerous for the screen it self, hardware-wise? Is it safe to proceed with this move?
Thanks in advance guys!

mrwolf
09-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Hmm try using the latest nvidia beta drivers if u havnt already..

Also about the screen refresh rate. If your screen supports it you should be fine at 67hz. Me personally, I like to keep my screen at 120hz all the time. If you have a 3d screen I suggest u do the same. Makes everything more smooth and should stop the screen issues.

Sqnkov
09-11-2012, 01:18 PM
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?21530-Nvidia-306.02-BETA-release&country=&status=

Is this the beta driver you are talking about?

My screen is not 3D

mrwolf
09-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Yea that's the one.. if you look at the last post on the first page of that thread, someone mentions a similar issue to yours that is apparently fixed with those drivers..

Hmm if you don't have a 3d screen I don't suggest you push it up to 67hz since it is not properly supported but I dno you could ask someone who might know better about this..

Good luck :) let us know if it works

Sqnkov
09-11-2012, 09:28 PM
I have installed the latest beta drivers but still.. not a fix for the waves on the screen..

Bundy_Drop_Bear
09-12-2012, 02:52 AM
by waves do u mean the screen flickers a white bar across it, as that is what mine did and drivers didn't help, mine needs a new GPU which my local service center(Melbourne, Australia) says are in short supply so they are sending it back unrepaired till they get the GPU Replacement part.
I have a fix that reduces the flicker/waveing on screen I unistall the 3d drivers and it's almost gone.
But the repair center says i need a new GPU so I will have to put up with it till they get the part they need to fix it.

Sqnkov
09-12-2012, 07:32 AM
No , no white lines , just some minor wave effect from the middle to bottom of the screen, I think it is best seen in the darker color spots in the middle of the screen, when I turn the brightness up it disappears. Once again my screen is not 3D , I understand you mean the drivers only , not the screen but I had to mention it again.

rkarish
12-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Keep the asus console brightness at max and change the brightness in your nvidia driver settings.