PDA

View Full Version : G74sx - Erro code 10 - ethernet - BIOS version 203.

erasmo_castro
09-12-2012, 12:34 AM
After updating the bios version 201 to version 202 of the G74SX has failed, had to change the bios and was installed to version 203. But this with an error code 10 on network adapter (ethernet). Have you updated the drivers but the problem remains.

I need help to solve this problem?

sorry for my english.

erasmo_castro
09-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Help - I really need help.

Pls. :(

dstrakele
09-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Error Code 10 typically means the driver installation failed. Is that the text you see in the "Device status" box of the Properties dialog when you right-click on the Ethernet Controller and choose "Properties"? If not, what does it indicate?

I would try uninstalling the Realtek Ethernet Controller driver from Device Manager, boot into Windows Safe Mode and use Driver Sweeper to remove any Realtek Ethernet driver remnants, clean up the registry with CCleaner, then boot into Safe Mode and reinstall the Realtek Ethernet Controller driver.

erasmo_castro
09-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Yes, it's the text I see the "Device status".

Already uninstalled the drive and installed it again but the error went on, but I did not complete this cleanup drive. But do you think that has any relation with the changing of BIOS? Well after changing the BIOS (physically) was presented the error.

Thank you for helping me.[

QUOTE=dstrakele;157287]Error Code 10 typically means the driver installation failed. Is that the text you see in the "Device status" box of the Properties dialog when you right-click on the Ethernet Controller and choose "Properties"? If not, what does it indicate?

I would try uninstalling the Realtek Ethernet Controller driver from Device Manager, boot into Windows Safe Mode and use Driver Sweeper to remove any Realtek Ethernet driver remnants, clean up the registry with CCleaner, then boot into Safe Mode and reinstall the Realtek Ethernet Controller driver.[/QUOTE]

PILGRIM
09-13-2012, 02:46 PM
After updating the bios version 201 to version 202 of the G74SX has failed, had to change the bios and was installed to version 203. But this with an error code 10 on network adapter (ethernet). Have you updated the drivers but the problem remains.

Hi there. Which LAN adapter does your G74 need?
Perhaps you've installed the wrong driver?..
Our drivers' thread listed two (Realtek and Atheros).
Check it here: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s

I don't think any of the BIOS updates (202 and 203) would interfere with driver installations.

erasmo_castro
09-13-2012, 11:54 PM
The LAN adapter is realtek. I already uninstalled and removed the drive and installed it again but the error continues, but I removed the drive but I did not do a thorough cleaning of the drive.

Hi there. Which LAN adapter does your G74 need?
Perhaps you've installed the wrong driver?..
Our drivers' thread listed two (Realtek and Atheros).
Check it here: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s

I don't think any of the BIOS updates (202 and 203) would interfere with driver installations.

PILGRIM
09-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Have you done dstrakele's suggestion when you reinstalled the LAN driver?

I would try uninstalling the Realtek Ethernet Controller driver from Device Manager, boot into Windows Safe Mode and use Driver Sweeper to remove any Realtek Ethernet driver remnants, clean up the registry with CCleaner, then boot into Safe Mode and reinstall the Realtek Ethernet Controller driver.

Trustos
12-30-2012, 11:46 PM
Hello. I DO have the same problem as erasmo_castro . My BIOS version is also 203. My LAN card is Realtek. The icon of the network adapter in the device manager is shown with an exclamation mark on top of it. The error code given is code 10. Since i got this error i tried few time to reinstall the windows and still there is no change in the device manager - the driver recognizes the device, installs the driver successfully but yet it shows this error code 10.

dstrakele
12-31-2012, 12:06 AM
If you've reinstalled Windows 7, then installed the Realtek Ethernet driver and still have issues, it is likely your network adapter is defective. The only other thing I would try is to "Load Optimized Defaults" in the BIOS, then Save & Exit to see if it changes behavior.

Trustos
01-01-2013, 02:47 AM
Well i tried restoring the BIOS settings and it didn't help. I tried reflashing BIOS - it also didn't help. I guess the only thing left is the malfunction of the ethernet controller. :(

kiayande74
01-30-2014, 07:14 AM
I am having the same problem. G74Sx!

kiayande74
02-05-2014, 02:15 AM
I have the same problem you guys are having with the G74Sx Ethernet. No solutions as yet?