PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA Powermizer Manager to control your g75 rapid heat variation

aminof
09-12-2012, 01:58 AM
hi :)
i was searching to do some registry tweaking to control the throttle while gaming on battery .first i did some underclocking using Nvidia Inspector found on Nvidia Inspector guru3d (http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-Inspector-1.9.6.6-download-2612.html#download) .the bad thing about underclocking is that it doesnt reduce the gpu voltage which is bad since excess voltage with small gpu core frequency slowly damage the gpu.
so i found this little nvidia powermizer manager and it really rocks , now i can force my gpu to always be on powersaving mode when on battery with 0.8v and not 0.9v and force it to be on maximum frequency when plugged which is good too since there will be less heat variation when gaming and alt tabbing...with this the gpu will last very long time and the battery too :D
here is the NVIDIA Powermizer Manager (http://www.mediafire.com/?g1nil1f9ypddee2):cool:

bignazpwns
09-12-2012, 06:48 AM
Can we get a link to the original developers website? As well as a original download link.

I advise people not to download this since it can not be confirmed that it is what it should be since its uploaded to a free hosting site. Instal at your own risk.

Also the voltages will not damage the core. Even at full load voltages they are not near the max rated voltage of the cores unless you over volt them your self. My voltages on my GTX 660m and GTX 670m are below the max that nvidia list in their data sheets.

aminof
09-12-2012, 03:34 PM
nvidia powermizer manager is not developed anymore so there is no website ,its very rare to find too.
its safe because it has backup to registry also it doesn't mess with anything except some registry entries for powermizer.
i'm using it for 3 weeks now without any problem .

and for the voltages i wasn't talking about max voltages allowed by nvidia in their data sheets but about underclocking with relatively high voltages since the chip doesn't need that much voltage to run at 50mhz so an excess voltage can damage the chip .

c_man
09-12-2012, 06:37 PM
It should force a lower power state. At some point I've seen something like this in a driver from Nvidia (not so long ago, maybe a month), but it was gone with the next release. I wonder why they took it out.

Why would a 364Mhz P0 damage the GPU since heat is reduced quite a lot? New drivers won't allow you to downclock under unsafe limits.

aminof
09-13-2012, 01:10 AM
It should force a lower power state. At some point I've seen something like this in a driver from Nvidia (not so long ago, maybe a month), but it was gone with the next release. I wonder why they took it out.

Why would a 364Mhz P0 damage the GPU since heat is reduced quite a lot? New drivers won't allow you to downclock under unsafe limits.

364mhz P0 should be safe ,i'm talking about 50mhz P0 and 20mhz P12 .
also its good for powersaving since a forced 50mhz P12 or 100mhz P8 with 0.8V is a lot better than 364mhz P0 with 0.9V.

c_man
09-13-2012, 06:46 AM
I don't think you can do a P0 50MHz anymore. They are getting these drivers better and better as problems pop up. But this was an extremly long Beta testing.

Woofyhugger
09-13-2012, 06:52 AM
I downloaded powermizer a few months ago, to turn OFF the power throttling on my G74SX. I was getting constant TDR errors when playing youtube and other videos and the gpu would drop into power saving mode. Downloaded powermizer and turned the driver settings off, and my TDRs stopped straight away, and haven't had one since. Awesome program.. saved my old G74 from the rubbish bin.

aminof
09-13-2012, 09:17 AM
It should force a lower power state.http://www.yono.info/a94.jpg

it can force a lower power state or maximum performance state .and you can choose under battery or AC