PDA

View Full Version : G55VW-DS71 screen problem

TH96
09-12-2012, 02:20 AM
I just bought my G55 for about 2-3weeks from now, and i was very satisfied with it until now.. i came to this problem.
When i was playing BattleField 3 or other games, My screen sometimes came to a slowmo. motion while my sound became more like a dubstep music for 1-2 seconds. I'm not sure what kind of problem i have right now but it keeps on coming for every several minutes. I've tried to lower the game resolution but it wont work, Does anybody know how to fix this? Help :(

dstrakele
09-12-2012, 02:45 AM
What Antivirus software are you running?

TH96
09-12-2012, 02:49 AM
What Antivirus software are you running?

I'm still using the Free version McAfee that i got from Asus, but i'm planning to remove and change it to norton. Does it have to do with antiviruses?

colpolite
09-12-2012, 04:05 AM
McAfee and Norton are bad anti virus that causes system hanging and lockups. Use free Anti Virus like Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast

dstrakele
09-12-2012, 04:55 AM
McAfee and Norton are bad anti virus...

McAfee is known to cause DPC Latency spikes on G75 and G55 models that result in the behavior reportedl by the OP. I haven't heard of Norton A/V being implicated in this issue.

Neither Antivirus products are "bad". A driver installed by McAfee conflicts with another driver running on the system. If you happened to uninstall the application that installed the other driver involved in the conflict, the issue would be resolved and McAfee would run without causing any issues.

So who's to blame? The McAfee driver may be at fault or the other conflicting driver may be at fault. Since there are multiple Antivirus choices and the other conflicting driver has yet to be identified, it is just easier to uninstall McAfee and move on...