PDA

View Full Version : G55VW Keyboard Hotkeys and Windows 8

dotvezz
09-12-2012, 09:13 AM
I got Windows 8 Professional through Dreamspark, threw it on my G55. I'm very happy with it, I love the new Task Manager and ISO mounting, as well as other features. I don't want to hear any haters.

My only problem is that the ATK Package provided, while allowing me to install ASUS Notebook programs, doesn't get my keyboard hotkeys working. Only the screen brightness controls work. That means things like the keyboard backlight, volume, etc can't be controlled properly.

Anyone with ideas for getting this to work? Does ASUS have an updated package for Win8?

Zygomorphic
09-12-2012, 10:16 AM
I heard from one of @MarshallR's posts that the Win 8 drivers will not be certified til Win 8 is released in October. Bummer - but makes sense. I ran the Win 7 drivers on the Win 8 Dev Preview without problems...keyboard lighting keys and such worked.

dotvezz
09-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Interesting, I'll try to install it (the driver package) again.

Zygomorphic
09-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Interesting, I'll try to install it (the driver package) again.

Let me know how it goes! Try setting the compatibility mode on the installer and see if that helps.

dotvezz
09-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get anything to work. Any suggestions?

eRicK89
11-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Sorry for bringing this thread up.
Try to check now, they got the new update for Windows 8.
I installed it everything works just fine but the screen brightness stays 100% no matter I plug out the charger or not.. :(

falah80
12-23-2012, 12:47 AM
Hi Guys,

Just to check whether this problem has been resolve or not?
I have 2 problem running on the Asus G55VW-IX044V, MS Windows 8 Pro.
1) Keyboard Back Light is not lighting up. Only during boot up it lights up.
2) Function Keys (FN) does not work at all, not even brightness.

I did shoot an email to Asus Support back in Nov-2012, but no reply.
Ironically, I've just submitted again the email thru the Asus Support Portal.
I've trie all the latest BIOS, ATK, KB Filters, u name it, nothing works.
I've updated the ATK driver to the v1.0.0023.
BIOS version is 217.
The keyboard device filter version is v1.0.0.5.

Hope anyone can help me out. Appreciate it.

abedfars
01-24-2015, 08:12 PM
try to go to the support section on www.asus.com and search for your laptop (G55vw) and instead of selecting windows 8/8.1 64 bit put windows 7
then you will find "ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities" under "Utilities" download it and install it and you will get your hotkeys working again.