PDA

View Full Version : Asus G75VW-T1143V-16

sixaxis
09-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Hello,

This is my first post here on the forums, and if I was not diligent enough and ask something that was already answered you have my full permission to slap me (but please leave a link to the answer :))

I bought my rog laptop a couple weeks back and so far am delighted with it. However after my experiences with a rather unfortunate HP laptop (literally burned the motherboard) I's rather be safe than sorry. So to that end does someone know what are the maximum permissible temperatures on the GPU/CPU, and what temperatures they should stay at while at maximum load? The next thing I would be very grateful to know is, how to clean the guts of this powerhouse? Should I blindly spray compressed air onto the motherboard, should I even disassemble the bottom at all for this purpose? Last but not least a general question ;) While a lot of games have been tried and tested on the forums has anyone tried to play the Witcher 2 on the g75vw? I'm kinda curious because while on Medium-High settings (such as AA off, light shafts on, ubersampling off, textures at high, screen res 1920x1080 and so on) I was getting on average about 32 fps, however it was not uncommon for the game to dip as low as 23 fps which is kinda noticeable (it was dipping especially in the forests and where a heck of a lot of leaves had to be rendered). Is it normal for this laptop to not be able to carry any game on the highest of settings? :p

PS Has anyone found a way to make the most out of the witcher 2? Any tricks that make the game more fluid while not taking away from the beautiful visuals?

dstrakele
09-12-2012, 04:49 PM
I recommend running the Prime95 (to load the CPU) and Furmark (to load the GPU) benchmarks while monitoring temperatures and fan speeds with HWINFO64. Temps under load should not exceed 90 C for sustained intervals in a 25 C ambient temperature room. This will leave you enough overhead for the 100 C+ temps that will cause the laptop to shut down from overheating.

I believe the manual that comes with the G75 (either hardcopy, in the C:\eSupport\Manual folder as a .PDF document, or on the ASUS web site) has a section on cleaning the fans.

Sorry, but I don't have any recommendations for Witcher 2. "Futures Contracts" is the only game I play on my G74SX. I recommend you monitor/post on the Witcher 2 Forums (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_nf=1&cp=14&gs_id=1i&xhr=t&q=witcher+2+forums&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=witcher+2+foru&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=dd1ef7fb9d8fc96c&biw=1083&bih=523).