PDA

View Full Version : G75 doesnt Recover / Boot

faiz999r
09-12-2012, 12:36 PM
one effed up day i started my G75 its like 3 weeks old so i turn it on and it says

Reboot and select proper boot device
or Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

so know i researched they say press f9 to goto recovery and repair i know there is a partition BUT i dont know how to use it so i just repeatedly press F9 when the laptop starts but nothing happens it just goes on the screen it doesnt go on recovery it just shows a black screen saying

Reboot and select proper boot device
or Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

what do i do ???
So, when i had the laptop new i had these recovery disks burnt into iso formats know i have them on my external hdd thank god i saved them there so i extracted the iso files to my external hd and it loads up everything but it says error in the end i mean i mounted all the iso files ( they were 4 in total and i got all the data off them to my ext hd and it loads up and in the end it still says error....:mad::mad::mad:
know i tried using win 7 files i took the win 7 home premium files put them to my external hd and loaded up windows when i goto repair it says not compatible ive tried all versions x64 x32 all of em no luck then i tried doing a fresh install it says they are GPT partitions i dont know what to do seriously help me out guys do u think its because im using my external hd do u think i should burn the iso files to a DVD and then try ? plz tell me what to do im fed up of this S#!T

rewben
09-12-2012, 02:49 PM
can your bios detect your boot hard disk? can you confirm by pressing esc key during boot, and the hdd is shown in the menu? how many hdd do you have in your system?

also, is your machine running on stock hardware? did you add new hardware after purchase? what did you do before this happened?

dstrakele
09-12-2012, 04:02 PM
From your description, it sounds like your HDD is no longer being recognized. If this issue suddenly happened to me on a new system with stock HDD after functioning without issue, I would try reseating the HDD. If this failed to resolve the issue, I would return the defective laptop to the retailer for an exchange or refund.

faiz999r
09-12-2012, 09:56 PM
can your bios detect your boot hard disk? can you confirm by pressing esc key during boot, and the hdd is shown in the menu? how many hdd do you have in your system?

also, is your machine running on stock hardware? did you add new hardware after purchase? what did you do before this happened?

Nah i didnt add any new hardware the when i goto bios in the boot options it shows me windows boot manager (P0:ST9750420AS) I THINK thats my hd and the next is my DvD drive

the other that makes me sure is when i tried doing a fresh win 7 install it shows me all my hd partitions the one in which my windows was installed OS is empty its like no space used that tells me my windows is completely wiped off but i had an other partition which i had games on that partition still has the data and i even can see me recovery hdd but i cant boot from it when i got the laptop new the recovery partition was hidden and protected so maybe thats why i cant use it The only thing left for me to do is to reasemble the hdd i just have one default hdd 750 gb and then last i will try using the recovery iso files burnt to a dvd because when i tried doing it with my external hd it didnt work :(

faiz999r
09-12-2012, 10:08 PM
From your description, it sounds like your HDD is no longer being recognized. If this issue suddenly happened to me on a new system with stock HDD after functioning without issue, I would try reseating the HDD. If this failed to resolve the issue, I would return the defective laptop to the retailer for an exchange or refund.

i will try reseating it but when i try doing a fresh install using win 7 data from my external hd it shows me all my partitions and the data but my OS drive is completely empty that tells me windows is gone know when i try doing a install it tellls me the partitions are GPT style i dont know what to do then i clicked on format to my os drive but it still shows the same message that its GPT or something i seriously dont kno0w what to do i got this laptop from ebay from america i just bought it like 3 weeks or a month a ago and im in australia it would be a pain to ship it back to america it has a 1 year international warranty maybe i will try that .. but yeh any helping advice is welcome :'(

dstrakele
09-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Is your Windows install disk a Windows 7/SP1 disk? I recall someone mentioning you need the SP1 install disk for GPT formatted disks. I know that my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit/SP1 install disk allowed me to install Windows 7 to my MBR formatted drive and also installed Windows with GPT formatting on my daughter's computer. You can download a legal Windows 7/SP1 .ISO file from http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/. Burn it to a DVD or USB Flash drive and see if it does the trick. Be sure to download the EXACT version you're working with.

Otherwise, consider @Typesh86's solution in this post: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22426-G60vx-dual-hdd-not-working..-Please-help&p=156897&viewfull=1#post156897

faiz999r
09-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Is your Windows install disk a Windows 7/SP1 disk? I recall someone mentioning you need the SP1 install disk for GPT formatted disks. I know that my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit/SP1 install disk allowed me to install Windows 7 to my MBR formatted drive and also installed Windows with GPT formatting on my daughter's computer. You can download a legal Windows 7/SP1 .ISO file from http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/. Burn it to a DVD or USB Flash drive and see if it does the trick. Be sure to download the EXACT version you're working with.

Otherwise, consider @Typesh86's solution in this post: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22426-G60vx-dual-hdd-not-working..-Please-help&p=156897&viewfull=1#post156897

How do i know the version im having /?
Thanks for your help