PDA

View Full Version : Extremely disappoint with ROG G55vw

sing_css
09-13-2012, 06:10 AM
I am very very disappointed with my laptop! :mad: First, it takes a long time to boot up. Secondly, the blue screen appears and then dark screened. So, I try to recover it back but failed. A huge ERROR message appeared on the screen. I have no choice and send it to the service center and they told me that my hard disk is stop working. It takes me so long to wait and yet when i call to service center and they told me there is something wrong with my motherboard. I am damn disappointed with it. I really not satisfied with it and i wished i had not spent money on it because I really didn't get what I paid for. I hope Asus can compensate me what I get from this!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

RollinDavar
09-13-2012, 10:32 AM
I got to admit. My Y580 does feel faster even with it's 6GB of ram. Keyboard feels better too. Sometimes my G55Vw pauses(freezes up) for a few seconds randomly. Y580 never did that not even under the same load. Also, when I play game such BF3 sometimes if I am hiting more then 3 keys at once the 3rd key wont register like the keyboard can't do multiple commands. Only happens sometimes. Y580 never did that. My Y580 boots faster too and seems to load way quicker(750GB 5400RPM) then my G55VW. I still love my G55VW and I think it's just a break-in period. I have mad respect for lenovo since I compared them by feel.

Keep in mind, sometimes you get a lemon. Everything I buy now days I hope I get a good product and not a lemon. I HATE RMAing stuff and sending it away. I feel you on this one. I go out of my way to prevent any RMAing buy trying to get a deal pricematched in store(like at Frys).

My G55VW feels likea solid rock. I plan on keeping it for a while. I hope it lasts.

chrsplmr
09-13-2012, 01:25 PM
It is always best on first sign of an issue .. take it back to the retailer. Only buy from a retailer with a good return policy.

That said, when you get it back .. put a SSD in it ... and be amazed.c.

sing_css
09-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Now, they want me to wait again~ haiz..... really disappointed...........I thought G55 should be a very high quality product. Now, I am thinking to sell it and get Alienware although Alienware's price is high. At least it didn't bring so much troubles to me, seriously....Zzzz

noneone
09-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Alien ware is not quality made. They have expensive high end parts yes. But poor deign and terrible customer support. The m17x r1 has a pro oven over voltage issue, dual gtx 280 in sli pulls more voltage than the power supply can deliver. They wont accept returns. My display port doesn't work I call, they make me walk through stupid steps to try to get me to ho away. Then they say they will rma it and send me a box to return it ........ never happens.

TH96
09-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Not all of em r like that, i got mine and it went pretty awesome except for the speaker issues :)

sing_css
09-15-2012, 04:06 PM
So, I think I am the "unlucky one" ==

chrsplmr
09-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Your G is still at the ServiceCenter ? Waiting for ?? a motherboard ? Do you have an idea of when
it will be returned ??? Have you PM'd cl-scott@asus and asked him for help expediting this, if he can ?
Sometimes a little nudge gets it done .... best of luck.c.

dstrakele
09-15-2012, 04:22 PM
So, I think I am the "unlucky one" ==

Hey - you're not unlucky, there's plenty of defective ASUS laptops for everyone! And if they run out, the Milpitas ASUS Service Center can always make more...

See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22909-Three-G75V-in-1-week-with-all-dead-pixels-amp-white-pixels-eh&country=&status= and http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?21766-G53-3-time-RMA&country=&status=.

sing_css
09-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Anyway, I just hope these problems can be fixed at the time as they promise, it really bring a lot of inconvenience for me.

dstrakele
09-15-2012, 11:02 PM
I offer my sincere apology to you, @sing_css. My sarcastic comments about ASUS were not helpful and came at your expense. It's no fun being inconvenienced by an RMA. @chrsplmr's advice to PM cl-scott to assist in your RMA is the best option for you. Again, I apologize.

chrsplmr
09-16-2012, 01:44 AM
@dstrakele .. I personally have the greates of respect for you and your above post is but 0ne of the many reasons why.
About 3,100 of them .. and counting.
Because of this, I believe you are correct in being sceptical, to say the least, really, the very least.

But I also as you point out that a New efforts are being 'employed' all the time to correct past trangressions.
cl-scott is one of them. Seek and Ye shall find.
Or you can count on our good friend dstrakele, myself, much of the membership and even the Mods asking
Asus Why with you.

In this you will find, 'they' Answer.
We have seen frustration and felt it a time or two .. but I can promise ya .. with confidence ..
.. it will get resolved .. relax.c.

sing_css
09-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Is not your fault, the service center call me for collection, perhaps there is no more problem occur again on my laptop.

sing_css
09-22-2012, 02:33 AM
Now, my laptop is back from replace the new motherboard and hard disk, all the problems are solved and the performance are much more better. Unfortunately, I found there is one more problem again, my battery meter show" plugged in and is charging", but i dont see my battery is charging, it is still stay on 22% when i leave it charge a few hours. Any way to solve this?

chrsplmr
09-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Awesome .. always glad to read a happy RMA semi-ending ..

I suggest .. starting a new thread on the battery charging issue .. best of luck sing_css..c.

dstrakele
09-22-2012, 01:14 PM
I'd be less than happy if my laptop was returned from RMA with a new problem...