PDA

View Full Version : So tired, day 1 new G75V w/ dead pixels, day 2 another new G75V /w white pixel

joyfulPo
09-13-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm tired because first day with the G75V there was dead pixels and I had to return the item.
When I return a item, I will get my money back after one week.

So to get a new G75V I had to spend another 10000 NOK or I had to wait one week to get back my 10000 NOK
before I got a new laptop again, right.

So this second G75V has a weird pixel in the upper left corner, it's white pixel, I think.
Tho I only see this pixel on lighter background such as complete white background, light red, light blue, light whatever.
Right.

As the pixel fault doesn't bother me too much right now, perhaps it will turn completely dead and annoy the hell out of me.

So what do I do now? I can't spend more money and I these options in front of me:

1) Return the G75V again, wait one week+ and when I get my money back, buy a new one for the 3rd time.
2) Don't return the G75V again and when it gets worse, if it gets worse within 2 years time, use the warranty and wait 3-4 weeks for them to repair and return the item back to me.

So what would you do?
And what kind of weird pixel thing is this?
I just want to say once again, the pixel is not that visible, more visible on white weirdly as it's so light pixel.
Only fear is that it will die, turn black.

Sorry, I feel a bit whiney and spoiled here but you know I have two ASUS G73Jh from before without any pixel faults and they are over 2 1\2 year soon.

xeromist
09-13-2012, 03:27 PM
You can try some of the suggestions for fixing "stuck" pixels that you will find around the internet such as gently rubbing it.

For what it's worth one of my desktop monitors has a stuck pixel and I actually rarely notice it. Also an RGB 1080 monitor has 6.2 million diodes so statistically it's understandable that some displays will have a few broken. I agree that it's annoying to think that you have something less than perfect though.

joyfulPo
09-13-2012, 04:24 PM
You can try some of the suggestions for fixing "stuck" pixels that you will find around the internet such as gently rubbing it.

For what it's worth one of my desktop monitors has a stuck pixel and I actually rarely notice it. Also an RGB 1080 monitor has 6.2 million diodes so statistically it's understandable that some displays will have a few broken. I agree that it's annoying to think that you have something less than perfect though.

I'm curious tho, let's imagine that the pixel doesn't get worse, that pixel that is wrong, right.
But what if it gets worse after 2 years when warranty is out, is it expensive or even possible to replace the screen with a new one?

xeromist
09-13-2012, 06:41 PM
I don't think a single pixel near the edge of the screen is covered by the warranty but if you have a problem that is covered you should take care of it while you can, not after the warranty runs out.

But yes if something happens to the panel after the warranty period they can be replaced. It's not a simple process since the machine has to be dismantled but it is possible. I couldn't speculate what the price will be a few years from now. It will depend on how many people are making compatible panels.

joyfulPo
09-13-2012, 08:10 PM
I don't think a single pixel near the edge of the screen is covered by the warranty but if you have a problem that is covered you should take care of it while you can, not after the warranty runs out.

But yes if something happens to the panel after the warranty period they can be replaced. It's not a simple process since the machine has to be dismantled but it is possible. I couldn't speculate what the price will be a few years from now. It will depend on how many people are making compatible panels.

If it's not covered by the warranty then there is a policy here in my country that let me return the product for no reason within so many days\weeks and I get full refund.

But it will take perhaps up to 9 days before I get my money back and I have to buy a new one, for the THIRD time.
And perhaps this one will have a issue aswell, maybe different problem, I have no idea.

I just think I'm going ignore that little thing and be happy, I mean. Buying G75 2 times already then a 3rd?
Stress :confused:

(Oh yeah, I changed the theme of my Google Chrome to bit darker edges\bar and I don't even see that little too bright pixel.) Just when it's very bright things on my screen up in the edge corner, I'll spot it if I focus on the edge corner.

What would you do? In my experience, already changed 1 G75V, then you would have to change one more and wait up to 9 days, so 9 + 9 days = to get the G75V you wanted and bought so many days ago? Get it? :(

xeromist
09-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Personally I would try to fix it as a stuck pixel and if that doesn't work then I would probably just live with it since that's what I did with my monitor.

joyfulPo
09-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Personally I would try to fix it as a stuck pixel and if that doesn't work then I would probably just live with it since that's what I did with my monitor.

How do I fix it as a stuck pixel? I don't understand.

I did this "Find Dead Pixel" program that flashed alot and did all these weird color stuff, nothing changed. :confused:
And I did try to wipe clean over it few times.

chrsplmr
09-14-2012, 01:26 AM
If you are not happy .. and the pixel fix dont bring joy ... i would take it back wait the nine days ..
and yes .. i would get another one ... making sure it was not the one i previously returned ..

you paid for it .. get happy.
nobody wants you to feel like you settled for second best .. the dead pixel fix is worth a try ..
i have seen raves about a few rubs and whatnot .. but then .... whoosh .. back it would go.c.

Apexing
09-14-2012, 07:50 AM
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-software-solutions-to-fix-a-stuck-pixel-on-your-lcd-monitor/

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2007/08/06/how-to-fix-a-stuck-pixel-on-an-lcd-screen/

https://www.pcworld.com/article/155351/how_to_fix_a_pesky_stuck_pixel.html

try these.

-
lets know if any of these fixed it :)