PDA

View Full Version : Workaround for the Subwoofer / Audio Problems G55/G75

Ibz
09-14-2012, 10:48 AM
I have tried literally every single VIA Driver released till date and the best one is the Via Audio Driver v6.0.10.1200 (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio/Audio_Via_Win7_8_VER60101200.zip) as it gives the richest bass effect.

Zygomorphic
09-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Awesome! Congratulations. Thanks for posting.

c_man
09-14-2012, 12:14 PM
The subwoofer cannot be solved my friend. It's a design problem and it will be like this as long as these G75s will work.

Any other EQ setting is a matter of preference.

+5 for 1k for me is just terrible since this was the problem in the first place. Why enhance it? But then again I see Winamp with a different EQ setting, so why set a base for one program only and then change things in that program for the sound to work well?

What I did was a general setting and from that anyone can tweak it. Some did.

iMario999
09-14-2012, 12:20 PM
I'll install the driver and try the guide thanks.
But do you have the problem where your subfoower plays even when the headphones are plugged in?

EDIT: This didn't fix the fact that my subfoower still play sound with my headphones.

alainberni
09-15-2012, 06:14 PM
My Subwoofer is fine. I think I got the latest driver, not the super latest one. I think it's the .800. It works fine.

eugene.nelson
09-15-2012, 10:29 PM
So CMAN, if I understand what you are saying is that the subwoofer will never actually be a traditional lfe? This bums me out if thats true.

I would think they could add an electronic filter on it to do it. Correct me if I am wrong.

Yellow44
09-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I, too am wondering about the subwoofer playing with headphones connected on my G75.

I have not yet had the time to try a lot of other drivers to see if anything changes but from what I`ve seen drivers have no effect on this issue.

I notice that when I initially plug in phones and use them, I hear nothing from the sub or the speakers. If I then launch a new audio app, VLC or almost anything else, I then hear audio out of the sub. But then if I turn the volume up or down even a single notch, with the function keys, the sub shuts off again. This does`t seem like a hardware issue to me and should be able to be addressed in a driver update.

The audio system seems more than a little strange to me anyway. The `subwoofer is more like a mono center channel speaker and he other two, merely tweeters that deliver only top end signals. No mid-range sound comes out of them at all.

Woofyhugger
09-15-2012, 11:39 PM
My Subwoofer is fine. I think I got the latest driver, not the super latest one. I think it's the .800. It works fine.

Never had issues with mine either, straight out of the box it has worked fine, even with headphones for the last couple months.

iMario999
09-16-2012, 01:59 AM
Yeah, I, too am wondering about the subwoofer playing with headphones connected on my G75.

I have not yet had the time to try a lot of other drivers to see if anything changes but from what I`ve seen drivers have no effect on this issue.

I notice that when I initially plug in phones and use them, I hear nothing from the sub or the speakers. If I then launch a new audio app, VLC or almost anything else, I then hear audio out of the sub. But then if I turn the volume up or down even a single notch, with the function keys, the sub shuts off again. This does`t seem like a hardware issue to me and should be able to be addressed in a driver update.

The audio system seems more than a little strange to me anyway. The `subwoofer is more like a mono center channel speaker and he other two, merely tweeters that deliver only top end signals. No mid-range sound comes out of them at all.

Yellow, I had the same exact problem. I found a fix. Hope you enjoy.

First uninstall your VIA HD Audio Deck.
Reboot your laptop.
Download THIS (http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/via/audio/via_hd_audio_6.0.01.10900(www.station-drivers.com).exe) and install it.
Reboot again.

I fixed my subwoofer problem with these simple steps. It was the only issue I had with the laptop, now everything is good. G75VW FOR LIFE!

c_man
09-16-2012, 06:32 AM
So CMAN, if I understand what you are saying is that the subwoofer will never actually be a traditional lfe? This bums me out if thats true.

I would think they could add an electronic filter on it to do it. Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes. It gets way too much mids (up to 1k if I remember this right and that is no subwoofer normal working freq.) and the speakers (that have a very bad position on the laptop, this making things even worse) can't even keep up in terms of power. You cannot adjust it very much as the entire system will lose much of its power and no one wants that. This is how it was designed and it will die as such.

Also the sound chip itself seems very poor as even with headphones on default settings the sound is terrible. This could be another problem.

With my settings I have tried to find a balance for everything, based on what the system can output. It's not that bad after this.

Yellow44
09-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Thanks for that info Mario. I updated to 109.. I'll see if it works. So far so good.

Ibz
09-17-2012, 12:59 AM
Thanks for that info Mario. I updated to 109.. I'll see if it works. So far so good.

109 is the worst driver i've tested! the subwoofer is like DEAD with this driver no matter what settings I did!

the best are the ones posted in this thread, 105B

Yellow44
09-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Well, it seems like this has fixed that most annoying problem of the subwoofer turning on all the time with headphones or external speakers plugged in.

As to whether this driver sounds better or worse than earlier drivers, I couldn't say. Most of what I do I do with external speakers or headphones connected so I don't use the internal speakers a lot. But when I do, I can get them to sound pretty good for what I need.

IMO this is an important, long awaited update.

iMario999
09-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Well, it seems like this has fixed that most annoying problem of the subwoofer turning on all the time with headphones or external speakers plugged in.

As to whether this driver sounds better or worse than earlier drivers, I couldn't say. Most of what I do I do with external speakers or headphones connected so I don't use the internal speakers a lot. But when I do, I can get them to sound pretty good for what I need.

IMO this is an important, long awaited update.

Exactly what I feel. Glad it worked for you.

Yes I must admit the quality isn't as good as it was before, but at least it solved my problem, which is what I was really looking for.

I tried the 105B and it didn't fix my subwoofer problem.
Only the 10900

Zygomorphic
09-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Glad to hear that driver updates/changes are solving the problems for some people! :) I have found that Audio drivers can be some of the most painful drivers to debug (from the user's point of view, not the developer's) when the audio cuts out. Sometimes you use the shotgun approach to getting audio working again.

joyfulPo
09-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Ehm, when I download this driver it says it contain something bad for my PC, virus\malware, whatever.
So I don't accept it at the end. First time that happen, possible to get the original source for the driver?

volors
09-21-2012, 06:52 PM
The subwoofer cannot be solved my friend. It's a design problem and it will be like this as long as these G75s will work.

Any other EQ setting is a matter of preference.

+5 for 1k for me is just terrible since this was the problem in the first place. Why enhance it? But then again I see Winamp with a different EQ setting, so why set a base for one program only and then change things in that program for the sound to work well?

What I did was a general setting and from that anyone can tweak it. Some did.

You are wrong , when i got my g75 i had the subwoffer problem but as i installed the new drivers , the subwoofer doesnt work if you plug in the earphones, atleast mine dont.

c_man
09-21-2012, 08:18 PM
What are you talking about? The part were the sub would start even with the headphones on? That was solved since 10600. But even so, some pleople still have it, can't say why.

I am talking about the subwoofer being a subwoofer. No way you can make that happen.

timppu
09-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Yellow, I had the same exact problem. I found a fix. Hope you enjoy.

First uninstall your VIA HD Audio Deck.
Reboot your laptop.
Download THIS (http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/via/audio/via_hd_audio_6.0.01.10900(www.station-drivers.com).exe) and install it.
Reboot again.

I fixed my subwoofer problem with these simple steps. It was the only issue I had with the laptop, now everything is good. G75VW FOR LIFE!

Thanks for this, but one confirmation needed: how exactly do you uninstall VIA HD Audio Deck?

In Control Panel => Programs and Features, I see "VIA Platform Device Manager". Is that what I am supposed to uninstall? I don't think I see any other items related to VIA, but then I am unsure what that device manager is.

EDIT: I googled for it, and apparently the VIA Platform Device Manager has nothing to do with audio, but is a:

The VIA Storage Port Bus driver is a high performance IDE ATA/ATAPI driver that will help your system to gain higher performance on business application.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061029131503AAL5zxE

So, how do I uninstall VIA HD Audio Deck? I see its icon on the right bottom corner, but opening that doesn't show me any uninstall options either.

iMario999
09-28-2012, 05:12 AM
Thanks for this, but one confirmation needed: how exactly do you uninstall VIA HD Audio Deck?

In Control Panel => Programs and Features, I see "VIA Platform Device Manager". Is that what I am supposed to uninstall? I don't think I see any other items related to VIA, but then I am unsure what that device manager is.

EDIT: I googled for it, and apparently the VIA Platform Device Manager has nothing to do with audio, but is a:

The VIA Storage Port Bus driver is a high performance IDE ATA/ATAPI driver that will help your system to gain higher performance on business application.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061029131503AAL5zxE

So, how do I uninstall VIA HD Audio Deck? I see its icon on the right bottom corner, but opening that doesn't show me any uninstall options either.

Yes, you uninstall it from "programs and features". After you uninstall it, try to play any sound and the subwoofer won't work. Proof that it affect the audio.

timppu
09-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Yes, you uninstall it from "programs and features". After you uninstall it, try to play any sound and the subwoofer won't work. Proof that it affect the audio.

Ok, but what is the exact name of the VIA HD Audio Deck-related item in "programs and features" that I should uninstall? I don't think I see any there, besides that "VIA Platform Design Manager", which according to google is related to IDE performance, not audio?

Or did you mean that is exactly the item I should uninstall?

This is a pretty fresh Win7 installation that I restored from the G75 Win7 recovery DVDs.

Shawnnepc
09-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Ok, but what is the exact name of the VIA HD Audio Deck-related item in "programs and features" that I should uninstall? I don't think I see any there, besides that "VIA Platform Design Manager", which according to google is related to IDE performance, not audio?

Or did you mean that is exactly the item I should uninstall?

This is a pretty fresh Win7 installation that I restored from the G75 Win7 recovery DVDs.

When you go to uninstall that you'll be given a screen after 'next' that let's you check 'VIA HD AUDIO CODEC DRIVER' or something to that effect.

That's the driver that needs to be uninstalled.

VIA uses a generic installer/uninstaller tool with all of their products so it's a little confusing if you don't know what to look for

timppu
09-28-2012, 02:48 PM
When you go to uninstall that you'll be given a screen after 'next' that let's you check 'VIA HD AUDIO CODEC DRIVER' or something to that effect.

That's the driver that needs to be uninstalled.

VIA uses a generic installer/uninstaller tool with all of their products so it's a little confusing if you don't know what to look for

Sorry, I'm still lost. I'm not quite sure what you mean by going to uninstall and a screen after 'next'? Maybe there are different G75 installations?

So below is step by step what I'm doing, please tell me at which point I do wrong. This is a pretty fresh Win7 64bit installation on ASUS G75V (the cheapest model with DVD-RW and GeForce GTX 670M, if that matters). I did update NVidia GeForce drivers yesterday and installed a bunch of games, but I didn't find anything relevant before that either:

- Start => Control Panel => Programs and Features (or "Uninstall a program" if you are not in the icons view, but category view)

- I get a list of installed programs. In there I don't find anything related to "VIA HD AUDIO CODEC DRIVER" that I could uninstall.

The closest matches in that list I can see are:

- VIA Platform Device Manager (I presume this is not it)
- NVIDIA HD Audio Driver 1.3.18.0

???

Note: I do have a "VIA HD Audio Deck" utility/icon running in the notification icons area at the right bottom corner of the screen. I still just don't know how to get rid of it. :)

iMario999
09-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Sorry, I'm still lost. I'm not quite sure what you mean by going to uninstall and a screen after 'next'? Maybe there are different G75 installations?

So below is step by step what I'm doing, please tell me at which point I do wrong. This is a pretty fresh Win7 64bit installation on ASUS G75V (the cheapest model with DVD-RW and GeForce GTX 670M, if that matters). I did update NVidia GeForce drivers yesterday and installed a bunch of games, but I didn't find anything relevant before that either:

- Start => Control Panel => Programs and Features (or "Uninstall a program" if you are not in the icons view, but category view)

- I get a list of installed programs. In there I don't find anything related to "VIA HD AUDIO CODEC DRIVER" that I could uninstall.

The closest matches in that list I can see are:

- VIA Platform Device Manager (I presume this is not it)
- NVIDIA HD Audio Driver 1.3.18.0

???

Note: I do have a "VIA HD Audio Deck" utility/icon running in the notification icons area at the right bottom corner of the screen. I still just don't know how to get rid of it. :)

In "Programs and Features", double click on "VIA Platform Device Manager". Once you are in the uninstall manager, there will be an option to check what to uninstall which the "VIA HD AUDIO CODEC DRIVER" will be included. Check it. They you are done, just keep following the uninstall steps. This is what he meant the guy. Yeah this is kinda confusing I must say.

RyanF
09-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Ok after reading and trying most everything listed here, I had a slightly different experience I thought I would share. I ended up with my subwoofer on and sounding OK, and having it STFU when I put headphones in. Mission accomplished.

Uninstall everything.
reboot
Install the 6.0.01.10900 drivers linked earlier in the thread
reboot
Open the windows sound settings in control panel
You should notice that unlike other/earlier driver versions it now only shows speakers and SPDIF under playback devices.
Select speakers and then choose the configuration button
Leave it on 5.1 and hit next.
unselect the top and bottom checkboxes, leaving only subwoofer checked, hit next.
unselect the surround speakers, leaving only the front ones selected as full range, hit next, hit finish.
In the VIA HD audio deck, leave the 2.1 option selected, and just adjust the bass slider next to the volumes as it's bound to be way out of wack.
Choose bitrate, khz, and EQ options as per taste.

Good luck.

Clintlgm
09-30-2012, 05:21 AM
I just tried this on my puter. It seemed that in windows sound setting I could hear the right speaker. However in the VIA deck still no sound from the right speaker.
I noticed that the Bass slider moved to 0 removes all bass so it would seem that the left speaker is running as a tweeter and the sub woofer is running bass.
With my head set on I have Left and right channel, the bass slider does nothing. The sub woofer is silent.
So if my right speaker worked I would have 2.1 sound, Volume is good, Sub Woofer is silent with external speakers/Headset on. Music sounded pretty good for only 1 channel.
I'm Listening to Pink Floyd "Shine on you crazy diamond" with my good head set on and it sounds pretty good for a computer/MP3

Boldfist
10-01-2012, 05:15 AM
Do you keep bass filter at 50 lbz?

NathanieLz
10-03-2012, 07:13 PM
so the new G55 & G75 have a problem with the speaker and subwoofer ?
I think my G55 speaker is to loud maybe,even I've set the volume to 1% :confused:
it's that okay??

Ibz
10-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Do you keep bass filter at 50 lbz?

If you mean LFE? Then I keep it @ 77

Clintlgm
10-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Ugh, in the new latest Via Driver set 800 there is no longer a LFE it now shown as "Bass"

c_man
10-04-2012, 07:20 PM
I had a new G75 to play with today. I gave this 10500 another chance. Damn, how the heck did they made it official? Pure crap, speakers start playing all the time with headphones on. Every single time. I need to find the latest driver, I know it's in here somewhere.

c_man
10-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Ugh, in the new latest Via Driver set 800 there is no longer a LFE it now shown as "Bass"

Latest drivers have linked speakers volume to the subwoofer and made the old LFE channel a form of low pass "filter". It's not exactly perfect, but at least the speakers work only when needed.

RushTea
10-16-2012, 05:12 PM
If, as with me, uninstalling driver, rebooting and installing a driver makes the problem worse, such as sound playing through both speakers and headset, headset being dead, or a combination(ish) of the above, try doing a double reboot on both uninstalling and reinstalling with the headset disconnected. This is because after the driver changes, Windows applies them after the first boot, so you need another restart for the drivers to already be active when the machine boots.

This solved it for me after very nearly wanting to chop the machine apart and cursing ASUS for the first time in my life.

panzer919
10-26-2012, 06:06 PM
I added an SSD and reloaded the entire system with WIN7 PRO and all the latest ASUS drivers. Since I did that, I no longer have the sub woofer issues.

Zygomorphic
10-27-2012, 01:29 AM
I added an SSD and reloaded the entire system with WIN7 PRO and all the latest ASUS drivers. Since I did that, I no longer have the sub woofer issues.

Good to know! Did you do a clean install? If so, my guess is that some of the preloaded junkware is causing problems with the subwoofer.

tkolarik
11-12-2012, 04:59 AM
I think we should really change the name of this thread from SOLVED to a "fix or workaround" for some people.

Zygomorphic
11-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I can do that. - and done.

Techinstein
11-18-2012, 03:41 PM
If anyone has installed windows 8 on there g75 notebook I fixed the subwoofer problem! Go to my thread. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?25428-I-solved-the-ASUS-G75VW-Windows-8-subwoofer-problem!&country=&status=

timechg
12-05-2012, 06:40 PM
This is the real solution:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?26155-Complete-Solution-Installing-Windows-7-Drivers-onto-Windows-8-G75VW-(and-others)&country=&status=

hordelover
01-09-2013, 07:31 AM
THANK YOU!
This solved my problem perfectly!

r33fd
01-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Great settings thanks !

Vod
01-26-2013, 06:20 PM
I uninstalled my audio drivers because I was having this problem intermittently, and retarted my laptop and it seems to be working now. I gotta tell you I was about to throw this damn thing out the window.

EDIT: Nvm. it is playing audio again through the sub. I couldnt get any of the other options I tried, to actually fix it.

AlexTheRepublican
01-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Thank you so much, guys. This is really a big software upgrade from before so I really like it! My G55's sound is amazing.

Primeval
02-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Does this also include the G46?

Fire
02-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Does this also include the G46?

yes, they share the same audio chipset

AlexTheRepublican
02-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Nicely said, man

AlexTheRepublican
02-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Why is there a "pock" sound when a sound is played?

Kawazu
02-02-2013, 02:03 PM
I just installed the drivers for the first time, so this is the first time i actualy can listen to music with the sub active.
I replaced the internal HDD before the first boot and replaced it with 2xSSD drivers so i never listened to it in win8.

Did not understand why ppl complained about the sound i thought it sounded just fine for being a laptop ( and i was not using the sub)
So now i installed the drivers and the sub kicked in and i must say the sound is great for being a laptop, i do not know what kind of expectations some ppl have when it comes to sound in a laptop but i think it sounds great now when i have the drivers installed :P

fragnot
02-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Does these settings also work when playing stuff over youtube or just playing a game ?

I did these settings, and im still angry about the crappy sound.. On my new G75VW :(

Fire
02-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Does these settings also work when playing stuff over youtube or just playing a game ?

I did these settings, and im still angry about the crappy sound.. On my new G75VW :(

there are global settings, meaning, they work for everything although in some cases things can be tweaked a little bit for better surround sound like in MPC-HC for example if you install the LAV Video and LAV Audio Filters, then there are some extra tweaks but generally, these settings affect every sound on your laptop

deadsilent
02-24-2013, 04:05 PM
I dont know why these laptop models have sooo many issues with its audio..
i mean you have to fiddle/tweak it alot just to make it work..
I just wish that Asus or their manufacturers had built better/improved parts for their computers.. seriously this is alot of work just to only get your sound to work :L

ngek202
03-03-2013, 09:24 PM
where'd the settings go?

Baigo
03-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Hopefully this will help, these are the steps I followed to fix the Subwoofer issue.

1. Update Bios
I bought Asus G75VW DS72 by the end of 2012, but for some reason it came with a really old bios version. I downloaded the latest version from http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G75VW&p=3&s=388

To check your current bios version, go to Run -> msinfo32. Latest version is 223, I had 207.

Once you download the file, you will need WinFlash. You can download it here:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=WinFlash&ft=21&os=29

Once you install it, search for WinFlash and open it. A BIOS file will be required. Just unzip the file you downloaded at the beggining and select it. Before starting try to close any programs you are currently using. Once it's done, the laptop will turn off.

2. Reinstall Via Audio Driver to the latest version (V6.0.01.10600).
Unzip the downloaded file from http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G75VW&p=3&s=388 in a new folder, then just open setup. A DOS prompt will appear, just wait one or two minutes till a new icon appears on your desktop.

Reboot again...

Good luck!

Baigo

Enigma
03-26-2013, 01:02 PM
I too have noticed that the speakers mainly played from the left side. But this issue seems to be fixed with the newest win 8 audio drivers from asus. I also noticed that the volume was disapointing even at 100%. I solved this by installing DFX Audio Enhancer and JRiver Media Center, which can "boost" the volume and make it sound much louder. A pair of high quality headphones also helps.

Scorva
04-13-2013, 01:46 AM
Just picked up a G75VX a week ago and found this issue with sound only coming from left side. Found the latest audio driver from this site fixed that problem(V6.0.1.6818). Now have sound coming from both sides. The main Asus site only shows the G75VW and those drivers do not work or even load from what I found.

MrBeer
05-15-2013, 02:37 AM
Why is there a "pock" sound when a sound is played?

I can tell you that is adobe flash version 11.x
version 10 does not do it

parasurfer1979
06-11-2013, 04:14 AM
Just picked up a G75VX a week ago and found this issue with sound only coming from left side. Found the latest audio driver from this site fixed that problem(V6.0.1.6818). Now have sound coming from both sides. The main Asus site only shows the G75VW and those drivers do not work or even load from what I found.

All my sound is coming from the right speaker... I just got my system back from service at ASUS. I called them back thinking it was something they did when they replaced the motherboard. I just installed the newest audio drivers. About to restart now. I'll report back in a few.

Zygomorphic
06-11-2013, 10:10 AM
I can tell you that is adobe flash version 11.x
version 10 does not do it

That almost sounds like a bug in flash player, which wouldn't surprise me, since that particular program is quite buggy.

parasurfer1979
06-12-2013, 04:43 AM
All my sound is coming from the right speaker... I just got my system back from service at ASUS. I called them back thinking it was something they did when they replaced the motherboard. I just installed the newest audio drivers. About to restart now. I'll report back in a few.

Well I installed the newest audio driver (v6.0.10.1400) and not the (v6.0.01.10600) that a poster a few posts before mine said was the newest drivers. I still have no sound coming from the left speaker. Just right and sub. I guess its back to asus for the 3rd time since purchased 3mo ago. I like this system. The multiple flaws are just getting on my last nerve...lol. At least Asus put my repair on top priority for me since its already had 2 motherboards, 2 USB 3.0's... Hoping reversing back to 10600 drivers works. Oh btw i upgraded the bios too since it was 210.

sketchy28
07-27-2013, 06:23 AM
I'll install the driver and try the guide thanks.
But do you have the problem where your subfoower plays even when the headphones are plugged in?

EDIT: This didn't fix the fact that my subfoower still play sound with my headphones.

Usually if my sub-woofer or speakers are going when my headphones are in i just unplug them and then replug them in.

3py0n
08-05-2013, 03:01 PM
it just sucks that despite this nice fix for sound quality, the subwoofer (when turned on) stil bleeds a lot of sound out. Like audio is playing from it as compared to just bass. It's being used as a speaker and that might not be a huge problem but it's rather annoying.

Especially when I try to lower the volume and it essentially remains the same until I hit 0 then it's muted.

wainwrightk@yahoo.com
08-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Upgrade the HD Audio to version 10.600.

Upgrade the BIOS to version 223.

Go to your BOOT tab in the BIOS menu and:
- Disable Fast Boot,
- Enable Launch CSM,
- Disable PXE Rom,

Go to your SECURITY Tab and:
- Disable Secure Boot.

F10 to save changes in the BIOS and restart.

This fixes the issue with the subwoofer bleedover, and fixes the BIOS upgrade issues as well.

Micleg
08-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Where do you find this driver and bios 223? Asus support page contains older stuff. It is sad that this machine has got so many problems with the WiFi and sound. Really sad.

timbuk2
08-16-2013, 04:26 PM
So do we replace another driver with this? I've got to do something for the awful sound in my new ASUS G75VX-TS72

BrandeX
08-28-2013, 11:58 AM
it just sucks that despite this nice fix for sound quality, the subwoofer (when turned on) stil bleeds a lot of sound out. Like audio is playing from it as compared to just bass. It's being used as a speaker and that might not be a huge problem but it's rather annoying.

Especially when I try to lower the volume and it essentially remains the same until I hit 0 then it's muted.
That's because it's a center channel, not a subwoofer. The sound system is actually 3 channel, not 2.1

HrKristian
10-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Man I used to have such a huge issue with this on my G55VW. No drivers or tweaks ever truly fixed it... I'm on Linux now (Arch Linux, but Mint for a while as well) and the sound is as good as it could possibly get, even with bass frequencies boosted.

golovanov86
10-21-2013, 06:26 AM
hi guys! i'm trying to test subwoofer in HD audoi deck but it's has no sound (((( how can i try to fix it? i think it's not working at all.

timbuk2
11-19-2013, 06:57 PM
I recall talking to Asus about the awful audio on my Asus G75VX-TS72 and they were totally oblivious. I've just learned to live with it, haven't had a chance yet to plug in an external sound dongle or whatever, and hook up my big Altec Lansing woofer and speakers as I did with my Toshiba and Dell, but I will. Just a little inconvenient.

wantedzai
02-22-2014, 04:56 PM
hi guys! i'm trying to test subwoofer in HD audoi deck but it's has no sound (((( how can i try to fix it? i think it's not working at all.

Same problem with this guy...I have g55vw...been suffering from it about a year....when I first bought...
it worked when i test subwoofer in HD Audio Deck...till now...nothing work...changing drivers/bios/chipset/checking speaker hardware inside/tried win7/win8....nothing fixed it...tried everything still not work...

Josias
02-24-2014, 11:57 PM
I can't seem to get the winflash to work to update bios. When I select the bios download to flash, I get a error message saying the bios file size is invalid Any suggestions? Thanks everyone.

Josias
02-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Upgrade the HD Audio to version 10.600.

Upgrade the BIOS to version 223.

Go to your BOOT tab in the BIOS menu and:
- Disable Fast Boot,
- Enable Launch CSM,
- Disable PXE Rom,

Go to your SECURITY Tab and:
- Disable Secure Boot.

F10 to save changes in the BIOS and restart.

This fixes the issue with the subwoofer bleedover, and fixes the BIOS upgrade issues as well.

Followed your instructions, finally upgraded to 223 bios and installed 10.600 audio driver. But when I go into bios i dont see the disable fast boot
launch csm options
or secure boot in the security tab
?

Clintlgm
02-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Don't use winflash to update your BIOS!!!! Use EZFlash from in your BIOS. Extract the downloaded BIOS file directly to a USB Thumb Drive Thumb drive should be formatted FAT or FAT 32. But unzip directly to the USB thumb drive. Many Bricked NB using WinFlash to update Asus NB

Clintlgm
02-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Well if software will not fix it. That would be a pretty good sign that you have a defective speaker or connecting cable?

Josias
03-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Is 10.6 or 10.9 the latest driver. I don't see 10.9 in the asus listing for my pc. I have 10.6 installed right now.

Josias
03-03-2014, 03:29 AM
If, as with me, uninstalling driver, rebooting and installing a driver makes the problem worse, such as sound playing through both speakers and headset, headset being dead, or a combination(ish) of the above, try doing a double reboot on both uninstalling and reinstalling with the headset disconnected. This is because after the driver changes, Windows applies them after the first boot, so you need another restart for the drivers to already be active when the machine boots.

This solved it for me after very nearly wanting to chop the machine apart and cursing ASUS for the first time in my life.

This worked for me as well. Finally got my audio decent. Thank for the info man!

ahmedsohaim
05-13-2014, 07:06 PM
i searched for the internet for latest audio driver i ve g75vw-ds72 and found latest driver 6.0.11.200 with date 1/11/2013
it worked good and louder but with some bass crackle at higher audio and after i read this post i tried updating to 223 bios from eazy flash and after updating i cant found " Disable Fast Boot or Enable Launch CSM " and then i tried the old 10.600 driver directly and i think its better quality but abit lower than the previous driver .
should this bios option " Disable Fast Boot or Enable Launch CSM " will get this driver 10.600 better or what ? and what shall i do to find this option at bios ? :confused:

Clintlgm
05-13-2014, 09:52 PM
I think you Notebook came with window 7 so your bios will never have Fast boot or Launch CSM that comes with bios that shipped with window 8.
Yes the 10.600 drivers were the first ones that work well at all. the various updates help some and some not I settled in I think with the 1200 and if I want to listen to music I just use a head set. its possible to make it sound better but these notebook are never going to have great sound.
I have not gone beyond BIOS 210, I haven't heard of any real improvements or anything new that I need to risk updating to 222 or 223

erka_na_sygnale
08-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Hello Mates,

I just came to a point were my audio is finally OK, so it doesn't keep switching to laptop but keeps streaming via speakers or headphones. But I wouldn't be so sure until more of you will test it. I installed Razer Surround (even though I use DFX) and somehow it changed my drivers- even when it's disabled as Playback Device I have no problems.

doubledragoncc
08-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Hi guys I tried loads of different versions of the VIA driver and found that this one works perfectly for me.
http://download.viatech.com/DriverDownloadSubmitAjaxSvl#
The 1100 version also works. Hope this helps a few of you, just ensure to reboot to make sure it works.

sampler
11-22-2014, 10:41 PM
So I reverted back to using my good old g750VW and immediately got reminded of the speaker problems, i.e. all the sound coming out of the "subwoofer", the "subwoofer" not following the main volume control (100 or 0 volume) etc.

In search of a solution I found this tread and ended up installing the - here recommended - 10.600 driver found on ASUS website. Unfortunately that did not help.

I did however find a working solution after trying various VIA HD Audio Drivers and experimenting with settings and figured that I should post the solution here, just in case anyone else still using their G75VW still is having problems with the audio.

1. Upgrade the BIOS to version 223. As someone already pointed out in this tread you should refrain from using winflash when updating. Use EZ-Flash which is built-in to the BIOS.

2. Download and install:

Driver Version: 6.0.11.0400
Release Date: 2014-03-03
File Size: 278.06M
Supported OS: Windows 7 32 & 64bit, Windows 8 32 & 64bit

http://www.driverscape.com/download/via-high-definition-audio

The installer will ask you to reboot which you should do. After having rebooted and logged in to your windows user account you should reboot once more.

3. Open VIA HD Audio Deck. Click the "tool symbol" in the lower right corner to access the advanced options. Select "Redirected Headphone". Press OK.

4. Under "Speaker" choose "Speaker Setting and Test" from the left menu. Make sure that "2.1 channels" is enabled. Disable or enable "Loudness Equalization" as to your liking. (Enable it for more evenly distributed sound. Disabling the option however gives you more volume and somewhat "richer" sound.)

Voila!

Sound should now be coming fairly evenly from all three speakers.
The "subwoofer" now follows the main volume control.
There is no sound coming from the "subwoofer" with headphones plugged in.

moonwatcher99
01-27-2015, 06:12 AM
I just updated to the suggested driver, however now I can't open the Via HD Audio deck. Oddly enough, when my computer restarted, it had headphones set as default instead of speakers. I got that sorted, and I think my headphones are working correctly now, but I can't access the HD deck, and I don't have the option for 2.1 Channels in the enhancements. Anybody know what might be going on?

moonwatcher99
01-27-2015, 06:31 AM
Actually, ignore that last bit about the headphones. I just discovered that they didn't even work when I plugged them in. I have no idea what just happened, but I temporarily rolled back to my original driver.

singularity
02-18-2015, 11:26 AM
Actually, ignore that last bit about the headphones. I just discovered that they didn't even work when I plugged them in. I have no idea what just happened, but I temporarily rolled back to my original driver.
Even I am facing same issue. When headphones or external audio speakers plugged in.. sometimes no sound. Like when I pause a movie and then play it. I have to Go for mute and unmute. This driver has some issue.
Also If i set headphones as defauly playback device, onboard speakers does not work.

moonwatcher99
02-18-2015, 02:54 PM
Even I am facing same issue. When headphones or external audio speakers plugged in.. sometimes no sound. Like when I pause a movie and then play it. I have to Go for mute and unmute. This driver has some issue.
Also If i set headphones as defauly playback device, onboard speakers does not work.

I can't guarantee that it has the super results that some others are listing, but I used SlimDrivers to update my audio drivers after I rolled back. Now I don't get the headphones cutting out, and they are recognized. Maybe doing a manual install missed something, but I would recommend giving it a shot.

singularity
02-18-2015, 03:06 PM
Open VIA HD Audio Deck. Click the "tool symbol" in the lower right corner to access the advanced options. Select "Redirected Headphone". Press OK.

4. Under "Speaker" choose "Speaker Setting and Test" from the left menu. Make sure that "2.1 channels" is enabled. Disable or enable "Loudness Equalization" as to your liking. (Enable it for more evenly distributed sound. Disabling the option however gives you more volume and somewhat "richer" sound.)

Voila!

Sound should now be coming fairly evenly from all three speakers.
The "subwoofer" now follows the main volume control.
There is no sound coming from the "subwoofer" with headphones plugged in.

This solved my issue..

On my vdeck > advanced options > redirected headphones solved my issue. Now there is only speakers settings and not headphones in vdeck.

AnEarthling
02-26-2015, 01:57 AM
My G75VW bricked for unknown reasons so I had to reinstall everything (Windows 7) from the recovery disks. This brought back the issue of sound coming from the speakers while the headphones are plugged in. I couldn't remember what I did years ago to fix the issue so a search lead to this forum which seemed vaguely familiar but I get that sensation every time I look in the mirror.

I updated the BIOS to 223 and installed the 6.0.01.10600 driver which appears to have corrected the issue of sound coming from the speakers while the headphones are plugged in after I shutdown and start up the machine 3 times. Notice I didn't say reboot. I can't explain it, it just worked. Hopefully permanently.

Now the "Do you want to run this file dialog" "Publisher: VIA Technologies Inc." "From: C:\Program Files (x86)\VIA\VIAudio\VDeck\VDeck.exe" appears every time the laptop boots. Despite uninstalling and reinstalling with "Run as Admin" and unchecking "Always ask before opening this file" this dialog persists.

How do I stop this dialog from appearing?
EDIT: I used this to solve the issue
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/124367-open-file-security-warning-unblock-file.html

switch-neo
11-05-2016, 09:28 PM
hi,
i have some issues with sound, headphone jack, keyboard back lights on a g75vw...
i cant seem to be able to post on a new account, and all the posted issues dont seem to be the same as mine as the same fixes do not work...

can someone tell me how i post? if i can post my own issues????

and sorry for hijacking ur post with this....