PDA

View Full Version : G74SX Overheating problem

RoseN95
09-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Hello! :)

I've had my G74SX since August last year.

When playing for a little longer (Battlefield 3) can my cpu and THRM go up to 95 C.

I know this aint good so I immediatly close the game. Been using my vacuum cleaner to clean the air vents from the outside...

My normal temperature when surfing and skype is 45-55 , I would like to be below 40.

Any ideas? What can I do?

Tell me if you want me to do something that can help you :)

dstrakele
09-14-2012, 03:58 PM
I'd be tempted to get a can of compressed gas and blow out the fan intakes and exhausts. I don't believe a vacuum can break accumulated dust from the fans.

Also, consider loading up HWINFO64 and setting up some alerts for CPU and GPU temps. Also check fan speeds at the high temperatures. You should be hitting about 3500 RPM.

RoseN95
09-14-2012, 04:12 PM
I'd be tempted to get a can of compressed gas and blow out the fan intakes and exhausts. I don't believe a vacuum can break accumulated dust from the fans.

Also, consider loading up HWINFO64 and setting up some alerts for CPU and GPU temps. Also check fan speeds at the high temperatures. You should be hitting about 3500 RPM.

Will try to get some compressed air :)

But do I just blow the air in the vent towards all parts? Wont that just push the dust further in?

And the exhausts, is that the air vents underneath the screen? Over the speakers :)

Already have HWINFO64 and at which temps shall I set the alerts? Will check fan speed too :D

dstrakele
09-14-2012, 04:24 PM
I notice dust being blown out of the exhaust when I blast jets of gas in the fan exhaust at the back of the laptop while it is running. I also blast the fan intakes just under the bottom of the display. I do this every week as routine maintenance.

I set temperature alerts at 90 C.