PDA

View Full Version : Three G75V in 1 week with all dead pixels & white pixels, eh

joyfulPo
09-14-2012, 04:36 PM
:mad:

How hard must it be for me to get a nice G75V for me and my girlfriend with
a clean screen with no dead pixels or anything else.

They cost 1763,61 USD in my country.

First one, alot of dead pixels.
Second one, a white dot that only show itself in light backgrounds, didn't replace this one.
Third one, replacement for the first one and it's the one I'm on now.
It has also a white pixel that is white all the time, bit bigger white dot.
It also has a very tiny pixel right in the middle that is also white.

So what now?

Getting bit tired of this.

dstrakele
09-14-2012, 04:46 PM
There are physical and software remedies for stuck pixels. Both have been posted to you already. Try them.

If they fail, return all laptops for a refund. I don't believe you will ever be happy with them. I do sympathize with your position.

joyfulPo
09-14-2012, 04:55 PM
There are physical and software remedies for stuck pixels. Both have been posted to you already. Try them.

If they fail, return all laptops for a refund. I don't believe you will ever be happy with them. I do sympathize with your position.

I have tried the software, it just flashes all the time right?
Nothing happens.

And if I try to use phsyical, I might cause more damage myself and then I can't return it.

chrsplmr
09-14-2012, 05:09 PM

I second that ..

dstrakele
09-14-2012, 05:14 PM
And if I try to use phsyical, I might cause more damage myself and then I can't return it.

Very true. As Shakespeare once wrote, "To return, or not to return.... That is the question."

Some will post, "But wait! What of the ASUS Zero Bright Dot Policy?" But http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?21766-G53-3-time-RMA&country=&status= clearly shows what can happen when you send your laptop to ASUS.

Judging from your experience so far, I believe that would be your fate....

joyfulPo
09-14-2012, 06:26 PM
#1 "Big" white dot that is always white on the left side.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg577/scaled.php?server=577&filename=img20120914201307.jpg&res=landing
(Original large photo: http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3172/img20120914201307.jpg)

#2 Dot in middle of screen, super tiny.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg577/scaled.php?server=577&filename=img20120914201439.jpg&res=landing
(Original large photo: http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/9894/img20120914201439.jpg)

What do you think of it? Do you think I'm picky? :confused:

dstrakele
09-14-2012, 06:39 PM
As I posted earlier:

1) I sympathize with your position.

2) Doesn't matter what I think...

... only you can make the decision.

joyfulPo
09-14-2012, 07:34 PM
As I posted earlier:

1) I sympathize with your position.

2) Doesn't matter what I think...

... only you can make the decision.
Perhaps I'm asking the wrong question.

Is this ASUS quality standard for their screen on G75V? Cus 3 out of 3 came with pixel errors.
I just thought ASUS was a top quality company as I read so many reviews screaming out that this
screen for G75V was just so sweet and awesome.

I'm 100% sure I won't keep this.

I'm just not sure if I should buy a new ASUS product right now.

Shawnnepc
09-14-2012, 07:38 PM
The chances of getting 3 G75VW with this issue is beyond rare.

Are you sure they're ACTUALLY replacing your laptop?

I've sold a hefty amount of ASUS laptops and I've only had 1 or 2 with pixel issues and I was able to fix them with the screen fix tools

Perhaps I'm asking the wrong question.

Is this ASUS quality standard for their screen on G75V? Cus 3 out of 3 came with pixel errors.
I just thought ASUS was a top quality company as I read so many reviews screaming out that this
screen for G75V was just so sweet and awesome.

I'm 100% sure I won't keep this.

I'm just not sure if I should buy a new ASUS product right now.

joyfulPo
09-14-2012, 07:47 PM
The chances of getting 3 G75VW with this issue is beyond rare.

Are you sure they're ACTUALLY replacing your laptop?

I've sold a hefty amount of ASUS laptops and I've only had 1 or 2 with pixel issues and I was able to fix them with the screen fix tools
1st one with pixel errors, I still have that one.
2nd one with pixel errors did I deliver the same time I received the 3rd one.

And they are all G75VW-T1134V.

Now, I have tried with the screen fix software for 20 minutes without any results.

I will deliver this one back on monday, ask for money in return.

But I just don't get how unlucky I can be, really.

Shawnnepc
09-14-2012, 08:03 PM
That's insane.

I don't think the build quality is that different between US and international SKUs, but it might be

1st one with pixel errors, I still have that one.
2nd one with pixel errors did I deliver the same time I received the 3rd one.

And they are all G75VW-T1134V.

Now, I have tried with the screen fix software for 20 minutes without any results.

I will deliver this one back on monday, ask for money in return.

But I just don't get how unlucky I can be, really.

joyfulPo
09-14-2012, 08:26 PM
That's insane.

I don't think the build quality is that different between US and international SKUs, but it might be

I'm insane aswell as I'm going to deliver this back and just buy a new G75V again.
This time it better come without any pixel errors or it will be the 4th one, then I'll go *crazy*

Clintlgm
09-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Well how much bad luck can anyone have at a givin time? luckly after 2 months mine has no screen errors

dstrakele
09-14-2012, 09:47 PM
You only have a deadl right side speaker, even after an RMA to ASUS.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22876-No-right-speaker

Is it just bad luck, or poor quality control?

joyfulPo
09-15-2012, 03:03 AM
You know, I do feel kinda stupid cus of this, buying, returning, buying, returning.
But I shouldn't be happy before I get a screen without a single pixel error, right?

Can't be much I ask for as I pay 1763 dollars for the cheapest model that is on 12% sale.
It's alot of money, right. So a screen with just even a tiny white dot (.) white pixel, always white.
Shouldn't anyone be happy with, right.

chrsplmr
09-15-2012, 03:19 AM
Go for it joyfulPo .. and great luck to you .. there 'cant' be four in a row .. can there?
The odds have to be astronomical ..
Maybe invest in an afternoon and watch the storefront to see just how many are
returned .. do they keep sending them back out ???
Keep us posted ... and cudos for your ROG perseverance ... the 'odds' have to
be on your side now. One would think.

Have them boot it in the store and show you ... or they can get another
while you are still there ...c.

Clintlgm
09-15-2012, 03:37 AM
I don't know, I made it real clear in the RMA that the sound system worked with the head set jack, Just the right speaker did have any sound. This is the fastest computer I've ever had. My last notebook M70sa had great sound was fast and lasted 4 years. It was still fast for a lot of people. Mason helped me get it through the RMA, Maybe too quickly. Darn sure not as unlucky joyfulpo. And who knows it could be Driver related somehow? Different people here have different sound related problems. My sub woofer quit staying on with headset with the 10600 drivers. Were only getting a few people here out of all the units that are being sold. I guess if something else breaks I'll RMA it again.

Clintlgm
09-15-2012, 04:00 AM
yes I agree, I would keep trying before your time limit runs out. Sounds like your dealer got a bad batch somehow. They can't all be bad. I wouldn't feel bad about it either. I think that the retailers shipping them back to Asus will get their attention more so than us end users.

dstrakele
09-15-2012, 05:09 AM
I made it real clear in the RMA that the sound system worked with the head set jack, Just the right speaker did have any sound.

Mason helped me get it through the RMA...

You clearly defined the issue as a dead right side speaker. Not some hard to reproduce, intermittent issue.

You had Mason, who has helped so many, backing up your RMA, so it wouldn't "fall through the cracks". All in all, the best of all possible RMA scenarios - a simple, easy to test issue, with the full weight of ASUS standing behind you, looking after you...

And they do an ASUS Factory Restore, don't even test the speaker, and ship the laptop right back to you - with the same dead speaker.

What is the address of this incredible ASUS Service Center ?

No wonder Mason left to pursue other interests...

Clintlgm
09-15-2012, 03:41 PM
All yes but no factory reset, they only rolled back the VIA driver and reinstalled Asus update. Mason was trying to get the Work Order to see what actually happen, but he ran out of time, and tried to hand me over to cl-Scott. This was the Service Center in California I think that's the only one here in the states? Anyway I have a 2 year warranty 21 months left to sort this out. Hopefully things will change. I Think if enough of these units are returned to Asus from the Vendors things may change. Unfortunately I did not sort out the sound system before my 30 days was up with Amazon. i had my Bose speakers hooked up, I knew there were issues with the sound drivers so I missed that I actually had a hardware problem.

chrsplmr
09-15-2012, 04:05 PM
PM cl-scott@asus and see if he can get this back on track for you ... but Clintlgm .. put this up
in its own thread ... keep it up front .. not buried in another thread .. imho.

Best of Luck goodSir.c.