PDA

View Full Version : G75 VW freezes with basic operations...

Kaiapo
09-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Hello there, I have been having some problems with my G75.
It seems to randomly freeze with pretty much no operations going on. Last time I only had utorrent and firefox open and wasn't even using the laptop... Everything comes to an alt, can't even ctrl alt del and only the mouse arrow keeps moving. Does not allow any mouse selection and the clock also freezes. Also the cpu light keeps flashing.
The only way out is a major shutdown, pressing the power button for a few seconds...
Anyone has the same problem? Any sugestions?
Thanks everyone!

dstrakele
09-14-2012, 10:08 PM
1) The lockup could result from a driver conflict. Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, Remote Access, and Disk Management software are the usual suspects. What have you installed on your system?

2) Run CHKDSK C: /F /R from an elevated Command Prompt (right-click on the Command Prompt icon and choose "Run as Administrator" from the popup menu, then enter the command) to confirm your filesystem and disk media are sound.

3) Run memtest86+ with at least 3 passes to confirm your laptop's memory is sound.

4) Check the Windows System and Application Event Logs to see if they point to a troubleshooting direction.