PDA

View Full Version : Comparing temperatures, test scores, etc.

DFox
09-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Hello everyone! After reading and researching the ROG forums for the past 2 months, I finally went out and picked up a G75VW-BBK5 from Best Buy.

I didn't want to make any rookie mistakes and so the first thing I did when I turned the computer on was follow the "First things to do after buying G55/G75 based notebooks" guide.

I ran Furmark and HWiNFO and was trying to find a thread or site where I can compare my results.
I just want to make sure everything is running as it should be so I can exchange/return this unit if I need to.

Is there somewhere I can find expected results/scores?

Thanks!

mrwolf
09-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Expected results/scores are available but you would have to do some digging lol...

What results/scores do you want exactly? be specific and people here can provide you with the info.

For the furmark burn in test 15 minutes i got like 85degrees on my GPU which is relatively hot as some have stated a bit less around 80 or something. But either way furkmarks burn in test is very hardcore on ur machine and you will never reach levels of that heat. Infact i suggest you run it for 10mins and then quit, if it doesnt go higher than 80-85 your fine. Because leaving it for 15 mins is just unnecessary heat and load on ur gpu which is not really very good.

For 3Dmark11 scores we have some threads around here and most people on stock settings (no OC'ing) get about P3000-p3200+