PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know what else I can add into my ASUS G75VW

Diego_510
09-16-2012, 06:19 PM
I Just copied and pasted what I have in my NoteBook, I walked into BestBuy one day when I decided to buy my first Gaming Notebook and they told me this the one to get and they only had one. after I started using it, I liked everything about it and I registered it and joined the ROG Forums too. I Dont want to replace anything on it unless Its the same Brand part but upgraded or better. Another thing is that I also couldnt find the Laptop I bought from there website, also when you search for it in this website and you click were to buy in north america best buy is not on the list. I think its funny how best buy just happen to have it other wise I was going to buy something else if I never ran into this.

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 3610QM Processor

Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium

Chipset: Intel® HM77 Chipset

Memory: 8GB DDR3 memory

Display: 17.3" HD with EWV (1366 x 768) / FHD 3D LED Backlight

Graphic: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660M with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM

Optical Drive: Super-Multi DVD

Card Reader: 3 -in-1 card reader ( SD/ MS/ MMC)

Camera: HD Web Camera

Networking: Integrated 802.11 b/g/n
Built-in Bluetooth™ V4.0
10/100/1000 Base T

Interface: 1 x Microphone-in jack
1 x Headphone-out jack
1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor
4 x USB 3.0 port(s)
1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
1 x HDMI
1 x SPIDIF speaker out
1 x mini Display Port

Audio: Built-in Speakers And Microphone
Built-in subwoofer

Battery: 8Cells 5200 mAh 74 Whrs
Power Adapter

Output : 19 V DC, A, 180 W

Input : 100 -240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal

Security: Kensington lock

Sinless
09-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Upgrade with a decent SSD

Zygomorphic
09-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Should be a 1080p monitor not 768p. As to adding stuff, maybe a nice gaming mouse or a second monitor?

chrsplmr
09-16-2012, 10:40 PM
... ummm OP ? other than to agree maybe ssd or a sweet monitor ....
the only thing u seem to be missing is ... a game.
Lock and Load. BattleStations.......c.

Liquidus
09-16-2012, 11:59 PM
You should get the GTX 670m version.

bignazpwns
09-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Well how much do you wanna spend?

I got a i7-3820QM in mine but thats about a $600-$700 cpu

Best buy version should have a 1920X1080 display. If not upgrading it would void your warranty but if you want to do this a very nice ips display will run you about $300 and worth every penny.

SSD's are always the best first upgrades. Samsung 830's are nice and what i use. Intel 520's are nice. If you want pretty much a intel 530 check out the kingston HyperX's. Cheaper then intel's, use intel ic's and the same SF controller.

Good headset. Dont get the creaky plastic crap headsets. A headset is something you want to spend money on. Dont even look at beats. Sony XB's are very nice i use a set of XB700's and i can have them on all day with out them hurting my head or ears. Bose QC15's are over priced but the noise canceling is great and the sound is very good. Some cheap $50 headsets have the same sound quality as some $200+ but i will tell you the plastic is cheaper and they have the nasty plastic creak to them. Some good wireless are the Logitech G930. great range, battery life and sound. Very nice but it does have some creaks but for the price its a very nice headset. BNut dont limit your self to just gaming headsets remember your laptop has microphones you can use for chat.

Mouse. If you like wireless but want wired and willing to pay a prem. the Razer Naga is a pretty nice mouse. Not worth the price but its wired and wireless and has some nice features. After using it you will start to make use of the 12 side buttons. G9X if you want a basic high end mouse that wont give you any issues and want to stay under the $80. Not wireless but its a great mouse.

You can always add more ram. But i would wait ton that as you don't really need it and your money is better spent on other things.

Zygomorphic
09-17-2012, 01:14 AM
IPS display?? I don't think so. But if it is, then ASUS is really under-marketing their computers. :cool:

Second that statement about mice, wireless is nice, g700 is another wired/wireless combo mouse for $80 on sale ($100 normally).

bignazpwns
09-17-2012, 06:43 AM
IPS display?? I don't think so. But if it is, then ASUS is really under-marketing their computers. :cool:

Second that statement about mice, wireless is nice, g700 is another wired/wireless combo mouse for $80 on sale ($100 normally).

Misread it i was talking about swapping it out for a ips display.

mrwolf
09-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Well i think that covers it all lol.. You could OC your GPU/CPU if u want the extra boost in gaming.. Otherwise i wud say all ur missing is some GAMEES ! :D

Check out this thread if ur lookin for some EPIC 2000man fps battles :) Makes full use of CPU processing and GPU usage and barely any laptops can handle this on max settings so its good for pushing ur system to the limit :D : http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?19747-Best-FPS-Game-Recommendations/page3