PDA

View Full Version : Possible to replace VIA HD Audio Deck with THX Tru Studio?

DTech
09-17-2012, 06:27 AM
So just bought the new G55 today, upgrading from the G53SW which used THX Tru Studio to manage the sound, which sounded amazing.

Basically the sound quality coming out of the G55 is so bad and i'm thinking it has something to do with VIA HD Audio Deck which seems to be controlling the quality.

Is there any way to use THX Tru Studio on the G55, is there somewhere I can download it, or maybe I can transfer it from my G53?

I'm thinking that the speakers should be the same quality if not better on the new G55 right? So that would mean that THX was responsible for the awesome sound on the G53?? Any thoughts?

Just way stunned that upgrading to the G55 is a big step backwards as far of the sound quality. I have mucked around with the equalizer to no avail.

ggBanks
09-17-2012, 06:36 AM
THX studio uses different drivers for a different sound card and it is impossible for it to work with ASUS G55! I guess we are doomed to use VIA audio drivers till the end of time.

DTech
09-17-2012, 06:54 AM
yeah damnn... I managed to find THX Tru Studio pro and said "no audio devices supported".

That sucks big time, missing the awesome sound quality on my old g53 already!

If anyone finds any fixes to the crappy G55 sound quality, other than thumbling around with the equalizer or buying external speakers, please let me / us know. We're all in the same boat i guess :(

Ibz
09-17-2012, 07:53 AM
NO DRIVER IS GOING TO FIX A HARDWARE WRONGLY DESIGNED

The VIA sound card is teh $h!znit

:(

we have to live with this crap

c_man
09-17-2012, 11:38 AM
You guys should buy an USB sound card.

And no, G55 and G75 have very poor speaker design. I would like to know who at Asus decided that G series will be for gaming with crap sound and N series will be for multimedia with great sound.

aminof
09-18-2012, 04:01 AM
You guys should buy an USB sound card.

And no, G55 and G75 have very poor speaker design. I would like to know who at Asus decided that G series will be for gaming with crap sound and N series will be for multimedia with great sound.

+1
that guy should be fired because before deciding to put the crappy via normally he should have done extreme testing

DTech
09-19-2012, 04:18 AM
Thanks for the advice c_man, im going to buy the Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro external USB sound card. It's tiny and uses THX tru studio ;)