PDA

View Full Version : I'm back with my 4th ASUS G75V - This is the verdict!

joyfulPo
09-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Update: Day 2, after updating wireless drivers and removing other drivers, re-installing them.
Hm, it seem that my very quiet and awesome G75V works 100%! *Happy* :D
Oh and when I play BF3 I have 70 c heat, I hope that ain't so bad.

I'm just back with a brand new ASUS G75V and as far as my eyes can see, my screen looks good. Can't see any weird or dead pixel. I just have to get used to this new matte as I had gloss before. :)

The GPU heat is at 37 - 38 c while browsing the internet.
Not done any major tests yet.

About random disconnects from the wireless network slash internet.
I know it's because of this wireless network card and there is a solution to the problem,
that is .. to find the newest drivers that fixes this issue.

Back in April or so, the producer of this wireless network card in G75V made a new driver that solved the issue but that was
on some other computers or laptops.

So if anyone got a clue about this driver for G75V, please point me in the right direction.
And if not, I will be stuck on WPA encrypting that sucks, for now.

But yeah, I really hope this is it, no more new ASUS G75V and just loads of gaming, fun, music, internet :)
(Oh and by the way, the colors on this screen is really strong and nice,
World of Warcraft and Battlefield 3 look amazing on this G75V!) :D

colpolite
09-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Is the wireless card you have the Atheros AR9485WB?

joyfulPo
09-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Is the wireless card you have the Atheros AR9485WB?
Yes, it's the Atheros AR9485WB-EB.

After I got the G75V, all I've done is installing the official drivers from ASUS that I already had then I had a reboot.
And I'm using WPA2 again.
Installed the (ASUS.com offical drivers) over the same drivers on my girlfriends G75V as well.

We only been on for less then 1 hour, playing World of Warcraft and surfing.
I havn't been disconnected yet, randomly.

So I don't feel safe yet, as in the past it has just been random disconnects.

Update: My girlfriend got disconnected and had to manually re-connect.
So is there a driver update for this card for G75V I can use?

jdotjdot7
09-17-2012, 06:02 PM
How is everyone so unlucky with their G75s. I got one from Best Buy, the only issues I have had with it so far is it seems that sometimes I will skip a key because I type too fast and you have to make sure you push down on the keys rather than glide around them. That and when unboxed, the back plate was not on correctly and the i7 sticker is a little lopsided. No performance issues so far. No dead pixels. Nothing. Only one other thing that I assume pertains to a reinstall I did of the OS on a second hard drive (because it didn't happen before that) is it sometimes takes a long time to resume.

joyfulPo
09-17-2012, 06:31 PM
How is everyone so unlucky with their G75s. I got one from Best Buy, the only issues I have had with it so far is it seems that sometimes I will skip a key because I type too fast and you have to make sure you push down on the keys rather than glide around them. That and when unboxed, the back plate was not on correctly and the i7 sticker is a little lopsided. No performance issues so far. No dead pixels. Nothing. Only one other thing that I assume pertains to a reinstall I did of the OS on a second hard drive (because it didn't happen before that) is it sometimes takes a long time to resume.
This G75V is well tho, no problems here.
I also found new wireless drivers with the help from someone here. :)

Hm, but you know the screen, if you put your face on it.
It's ordinary that it has thin-thin black lines right? Or is it black boxes, bars, tiny tiny. Everywhere.
Normal right? :D

Clintlgm
09-17-2012, 07:06 PM
my Routers are D-Link DIR-655, I have never had a disconnect. Using WPA2 security with a strong password. I have 3 different ones and no disconnects from any of them. These are old and slow 65mb speeds but then I only use them for internet connections. I'm hard wired if I need it.

joyfulPo
09-17-2012, 07:09 PM
my Routers are D-Link DIR-655, I have never had a disconnect. Using WPA2 security with a strong password. I have 3 different ones and no disconnects from any of them. These are old and slow 65mb speeds but then I only use them for internet connections. I'm hard wired if I need it.
What drivers do you use for your Atheros card? :)

Bundy_Drop_Bear
09-18-2012, 01:40 AM
Maybe the place you bought from just has a bad batch, ya could have gotten ya money back and gone some place else.
but good to hear that it's working for you.

AlanMcKinnon
09-18-2012, 03:00 AM

I'd blame that sense on the fact that people probably don't ever have a need to find these forums until something goes wrong. Then when they're troubleshooting they end up here.

The vocal minority, of sorts.

Clintlgm
09-18-2012, 03:22 AM
I havent changed them yet 9.2.0.469, i tried to update but I guess I got a bad download.

Ibz
09-18-2012, 04:38 AM
I never had a disconnect on my WLAN

I am using the latest drivers:

Atheros AR9485 WLAN Driver v10.0.0.26 (http://fichiers.touslesdrivers.com/34181/Atheros_Wi-Fi_AR1xxx_AR2xxx_AR5xxx_AR9xxx_10.0.0.26.zip)

joyfulPo
09-18-2012, 05:52 AM
I never had a disconnect on my WLAN

I am using the latest drivers:

Atheros AR9485 WLAN Driver v10.0.0.26 (http://fichiers.touslesdrivers.com/34181/Atheros_Wi-Fi_AR1xxx_AR2xxx_AR5xxx_AR9xxx_10.0.0.26.zip)
Yeah, I'm using those drivers now aswell. The disconnecting has stopped! :)