PDA

View Full Version : 3D vision not working anymore

Bundy_Drop_Bear
09-18-2012, 02:20 AM
I use to have 3d and it worked on several of my games, yes my laptop has a 3d screen as I have a pair of 3D glasses sitting on top of my head. I ran the setup wizard and it was all working and now when i run a game that i know has 3D ability it runs just like it would on a non 3D screen.

I eve tried a 3D YouTube clip and it still isn't working i had the glasses charge 5 weeks ago and as i haven't used them since they should still be charged, also i had the charger cable plugged in and it still don't work. I'm going to let them charge and see what happened in 1hr and will report back if i get'em working

GottiBoi55
09-18-2012, 02:33 AM
That's a good idea, your battery power could be very low.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
09-18-2012, 02:39 AM
yeah even so i should be able to use it while it charges, but the light next to the 3d logo next to me web cam won't come on unless I'm in the setup wizard.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
09-18-2012, 07:33 AM
just an update the have been charging glasses all day and the 3d light at top of screen still isn't turning on.

Shawnnepc
09-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Did you press the power button on your glasses?

What settings do you have set in your NVIDIA 3D control panel?

just an update the have been charging glasses all day and the 3d light at top of screen still isn't turning on.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
09-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Of course I turned the power on the glasses I ain't that big a noob
I have the setting it recommended when i ran the setup wizard, anyway i got it working eventually had to change some setting but it now works.
I still get the occasional flicker which I may just end up sending back in for a replacement, again even though they said the test andfound no error over a 20 hr period. The obviosly didn't watch the screen or they would have seen it flicker after the new GPU was installed.

Shawnnepc
09-18-2012, 03:53 PM
I work customer support, you have no idea how many calls are resolved by "Did you turn it on?"

I'm glad that you got 3D working.

As far as the flickering goes, do you have the brightness to full?

When you enable 3D take off the glasses and see if the screen is flickering with LightBoost enabled (it is by default)

I'm curious to see if it's a hardware or a software defect.

Of course I turned the power on the glasses I ain't that big a noob
I have the setting it recommended when i ran the setup wizard, anyway i got it working eventually had to change some setting but it now works.
I still get the occasional flicker which I may just end up sending back in for a replacement, again even though they said the test andfound no error over a 20 hr period. The obviosly didn't watch the screen or they would have seen it flicker after the new GPU was installed.

rewben
09-18-2012, 04:12 PM
I work customer support, you have no idea how many calls are resolved by "Did you turn it on?"

this is so true lol! i had too many times of clients asking why they couldn't log in to a system on the internet, only to find out they didn't even turn on their modems.