PDA

View Full Version : Tiamat + ThunderFX = ???

XxTyranTxX
09-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi,

Just registered here being a constant user of Asus ROG products & hopefully I'll enjoy my stay here.

Anyone tried plugging a Razer Tiamat into ThunderFX? Any problem with it? Is it doing very well in terms of sound quality?

Just wondering coz the Tiamat became available locally for like a week & I really don't wanna end up with a terrible regret of buying it.

Thanks in advance.

Granger
09-19-2012, 10:12 PM
I don't know what the Thunder FX is like, but I am very happy with my Tiamat 7.1 and I'm only using the onboard SupremeFX III on my CHV.
Amazing headset, never have I been called a cheater so much since I have bought it, you just hear everything around you and the direction is spot on :)
So now when people try sneaking up on me from behind, before I heard them, without quite knowing from where they were coming from, now I just spin and shoot because I know where they are :)

XxTyranTxX
09-20-2012, 07:28 AM
I don't know what the Thunder FX is like, but I am very happy with my Tiamat 7.1 and I'm only using the onboard SupremeFX III on my CHV.
Amazing headset, never have I been called a cheater so much since I have bought it, you just hear everything around you and the direction is spot on :)
So now when people try sneaking up on me from behind, before I heard them, without quite knowing from where they were coming from, now I just spin and shoot because I know where they are :)

Good to hear that from you since I'll be using it with my Maximus V Formula (SupremeFX IV) IF NOT doing well on the ThunderFX.

Btw do you have any sort of noise coming from your Tiamat? They said that because it is being powered by a usb cable connected to your case.

Thanks again :)

Granger
09-20-2012, 08:49 AM
I do get a very slight noise when I have the headphones on and no sound, but when there is sound from a game or a film, I don't hear the little noise at all.

Cyrex23
01-26-2013, 08:45 AM
I bought the razer tiamat 7.1 and plugged it into my Asus Maximus V GENE IZ77 motherboard and im having bass problems :/