PDA

View Full Version : [G73JH] ATI Signed Driver Issue

Jabbapop
05-12-2011, 08:20 AM
I had updated my ATI drivers on this notebook before and decided it's been a few months why not again. So I uninstall, run phyxion.net's driver sweeper in safe mode as well as Chastity's ATI Crap cleaner... Boot up Normally, run the latest 11-5_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe from ATI/AMD's site... Select everything to install, let it do its thing... When suddenly I'm confronted with this "Driver is UNSIGNED/Can't Continue" message. What is this? I mean, I know what this is, but why is it giving me this message now? It didn't the last time I installed the driver's update. Right now I'm stuck in low res mode with no graphics drivers contemplating my course of action. I feel like a fool though I've done nothing but follow directions... Ai ai ai!

MarkS
05-12-2011, 03:54 PM
I haven't heard any other reports of problems installing the latest WHQL driver package from AMD - certainly not unsigned driver. Sure you got it from a reputable source?

Not sure whose directions you were following, but running those driver/registry sweeper apps always carries a risk and it's not even necessary when installing Catalyst drivers.

If you choose to use those kinds of apps then back up your registry. Better yet, create a system restore point. Then when this happens you can easily revert to working system to try again...

Chastity@ASUS
05-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Hit my Driver page (see below in sig) and grab the 10.5a Hotfix package. Hass all the addons in one package, and I know it works.

Jabbapop
05-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks chastity, the hotfix package seemed to work.

I didn't know not to use the driver sweeper, I think I even got the link to it from this forum; I just recall that back in the day it used to kind of be mandatory due to conflicting versions of software left by installers. But eh.

wtsmith61
02-10-2013, 09:00 PM
me thinks link no longer functions...