PDA

View Full Version : RMA question for G74SX

IxPanda
09-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Hello ROG. :)

I recently had to RMA my laptop as it bricked when I attempted a bios update. (Live update recommended it, realizing now I should have just ignored it. -_-. )

Asus set up a pick up for me, which was very nice.
FedEx is telling me it was received on the 17th, Monday at 10 AM. It's 7:30PM Friday, and 2 things so far.
1.) The website says it can not find any information on my RMA #, basically that it doesn't exist. Is that normal?

and 2.) When I call and ask about it, I'm told that it's been in repair since the 17th, but there is no update as to what they've been doing. -_-. From reading the forums here, I gathered that it was a farily simple fix on their end, either reprogram the BIOS chip or replace the mobo.

Since this is my first RMA I'm just not sure.. is this how it normally goes? Should I see something when I look up my RMA number online?
Thanks for your input guys.

cl-scott
09-21-2012, 11:50 PM
If you want to send me said RMA via email or PM I can see what there is to see.

chrsplmr
09-22-2012, 12:39 AM
lxPanda .. best of luck in this .. and Welcome to ROG.

Mr. Scott -- beam us forward. Good look'n out .. 9 minutes.(ROG)
(The postMason era seems to be in good hands our friend.).c.

cl-scott
09-22-2012, 12:54 AM
lxPanda .. best of luck in this .. and Welcome to ROG.

Mr. Scott -- beam us forward. Good look'n out .. 9 minutes.(ROG)
(The postMason era seems to be in good hands our friend.).c.

For most of the afternoon I've been having reoccurring mental images of those old Loony Toons with Elmer Fudd(?) saying, "Be verrrrrrry quiet! I'm hunting rabbits!" So why did no one invite me to go on this rabbit hunt? :mad: Now I just had another one of those thoughts that proves I've been without entertainment for too long... Figure we can get Viz into some kind of a rabbit costume, take him on down to the pub, and make him hold the dart board. Hunting rabbits for sport, and no worries about anyone getting accidentally shot when guns and alcohol mix.

On a somewhat more serious note though, was happy to have something to do, and the fact that it's exactly the sort of thing I'm paid to do was just gravy. You can eat rabbit with gravy right? :confused:

Sinless
09-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Lucky americans, my RMA still frozen since August 13th, they are waiting for replacement parts. The next time i need to RMA again, i will send my laptop to USA.

dstrakele
09-22-2012, 03:06 AM
Then you can end up like this: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?21766-G53-3-time-RMA.

chrsplmr
09-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Lucky americans...

Cudos Sinless -- Never thought I'd see or hear that phrase uttered again !!! There IS Hope .. now for some Change.c.

IxPanda
09-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Then you can end up like this: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?21766-G53-3-time-RMA.

Oh my goodness, not that I hadn't done my research on RMA's before this, but that thread is on a completely different level. o.o
I'm hoping the fact that I'm in Canada makes a difference! Anyone heard of or dealt with the repair center in Markham, Ontario? :)

IxPanda
09-28-2012, 01:00 AM
Well ROG,

Currently I'm posting this from my G74SX. They recieved it last monday. It was delivered as of wednesday, yesterday.

Works great. Not covered in grease or anything like I read numerous times on here lol.. There was a few specs of something on the screen i had to wipe off. to be expected. Of course I'm knit picking. I'm thoroughly impressed with it though. I just thought It'd be nice to share a good RMA story with ROG instead of the standard horrid ones.

Big thanks goes out to Scott, he was a huge help with the whole situation, and kept my nerves and imagination at ease. :)