PDA

View Full Version : Which DRIVERS to install?

Daylife
09-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Hey guys i just put in the samsung 830 series 256gb SSD....and i am on the ASUS Support WEBSITE and there are sooooo many drivers that i dont know exactly which to pick? do i install all of them? 0_o

dstrakele
09-23-2012, 12:49 AM
Here's a basic list :

1) Intel Chipset

2) Intel USB 3.0

3) ASUS ATK Package

4) NVIDIA video

5) VIA audio

6) Synaptics touchpad (G75)
Elantech touchpad (G55)

7) Ethernet

8) WLAN

9) Bluetooth

10) Card Reader

11) Intel Remote Storage Technology

You can install the latest driver versions from the developer websites if you desire.

EDIT : Corrected touchpad driver

Daylife
09-23-2012, 01:06 AM
Thanks!

Like for the WIFI there rae like 4 different types...im not sure exactly which one to download lol.

dstrakele
09-23-2012, 01:15 AM
It's always best to check Device Manager while the system is still in a stock configuration to determine which device drivers you need.

Since that option is not available to you, the specifications from an online ad of your specific model# may do the trick.

The Drivers and Applications disk included with your laptop may also be used to determine the correct drivers.

Daylife
09-23-2012, 01:40 AM
The g75 never came with a driver disk thats why i am hating life right now lol.

dstrakele
09-23-2012, 02:03 AM
Look at it this way - you get to install the latest drivers, rather than the outdated ones on the Driver disk or ASUS website. A quick search with Google and you're on your way....

GottiBoi55
09-23-2012, 03:05 AM
The g75 never came with a driver disk thats why i am hating life right now lol.

Wow, I was just going to tell you to insert your "driver disk", IDK but my G75VW came with a driver disk.
that is so strange you don't have one.
BTW you need to install the "Synaptics Touchpad driver", I believe that's the only one under Touchpad.
Check in device manger to determine what "wireless adapter" your model has install.
you will have Artheros Wireless, or Intel Wireless.
If you haven't already flashed your BIOS to the new version, you should do that also.

one thing you should do while installing your drivers is to turn off "windows Update", so that doesn't interfere with your driver installs.
Windows will try to install drivers for you, and most of the time they might not be the ones Asus have tested, and approved for your laptop.
once you install all the updated drives you can turn "windows update" on again.

Good luck, and enjoy!

ggBanks
09-23-2012, 09:17 AM
From the ones you have mentioned I suggest you use from 1 to 10 they are the most important if you want everything to work.

c_man
10-04-2012, 07:32 PM
At some point as I did 3 installs in G75 these days, the BT step should be skipped if it works with what OS provides. That driver makes BT a pain.

Courage Dragon
10-05-2012, 12:33 PM
That's weird that your G75 didn't come with a driver disk, did you buy it new? Mine definitely came with one.

Also, there's a great thread here (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?18160-Downloading-New-Drivers-Utilities-for-G75-G55&country=&status="Downloading New Drivers) , Which is where I found this awesome thread with a link to every driver with a suggested install order,

Clean Install Guide (http://forums.pctweakers.net/showthread.php/129-ASUS-G75VW-Clean-Install-Guide)

McRom37
07-08-2017, 09:52 AM
i been looking at this topic,on the downloading all drivers for the Asus G75VW after doing a freas, or clean install og windows 7...i just can not believe, one has to literally look for all the drivers, i thouhgt they would install after the finishing of the windows 7 complete install.Man so you better know or ask around before reinstalling windows7 again, or download all drivers needed for after the installation of youe OS..i just dont know why people dont do that in the first place..i know one thing.i dont remember having to go look for the Drivers to download after i installed windows 8.1 i didnt have to manually do it.just installed all drivers needed on its own..i just dont know why win 7 you need to manually download them anf install them.what about e-Driver from Asus Resource center, comes with Asus G75VW, or dont tell me you have to re download that to
???i think it comes stock programmed already, i opened it up and i seen all the Drivers there.of course they all said installed.im just wondering if that would be the one people with the Asus G75VW would have to open to install there drivers.here is a screen shot of what im am talking about65846

Clintlgm
07-08-2017, 12:28 PM
Well I always get mine from the Asus Support Downloads (https://www.asus.com/support) Video drivers from NVidia, Intel drivers from Intel. Windows native drivers sometimes work but usually cause serious issues. I would suggest you read these old threads on the G75 for information on specific drivers and software. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?59073-G50-G51-G53-G73-G74-G55-G75-Series-Useful-Threads
Also this thread the G75VW came set up in UEFI mode, So you need a ISO of Win 7 SP1 and check out this thread on how to properly install UEFI https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way-(UEFI-based-installation) 7 sp1 64bit will install the same as 8.1 Procedure is the same. Drivers are available for 7 and 8.1 your on your own if you want to try to get 10 working with all your hardware.

If you failed to download fresh copies of all the latest drivers for your notebook before doing a clean install that's on you.