PDA

View Full Version : A new ROG Team on HWBOT

Zka17
09-23-2012, 05:28 AM
Hello fellow ROGers,

There is no question about it, the ROG Forum is the best! :cool: As I understood, it was created to be a support Forum, but over time a great community has formed here. Now an idea came up...

Lately more and more ROG Forum members are posting very good benchmark results... some of us already signed up on HWBOT for submitting our results... - so, the idea is, why not create our team?! And show people that the ROG community is good in benching too! :)

I've been discussing with X Pack (one of our great fellows, who already has experience on HWBOT), we got green light from MarshallR... - so here we are!

Let's create a new team on HWBOT! Membership of ROGers is welcome! Whoever is part of the ROG Forum Family can join this new team... benching (using benchmark application) is required, hardware doesn't matter...

So, who is with us? Let's get some fellow ROGers join this idea, then we can create the Team on HWBOT, then ROG'N'ROLL!

Rockford
09-23-2012, 05:51 AM
Very good initiative Zka..

There are many great talents in here, who may not know were to turn..

hwbot is a place on the net, where people compete in a wide range of computer orientated Overclocking..

pro/enthusiast/newbie..

almost every large OC community is represented in there, and now, and soon are we..

Cheers..

I hope this thread start a dialog, and that people are interested..

Over And Out..

/ It takes a nation of millions to hold us back..

Zka17
09-23-2012, 06:00 AM
It takes an nation of millions to hold us back..

Well said, the ROG Family is stronger than that! :cool:

Let's give some time to our talents to show up... until then is sleep time...

Arne Saknussemm
09-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Count me in! Sounds fun!! I am more than happy to bring everything I don't know about Benching to the team:D

Menthol
09-23-2012, 04:39 PM
First I want to say thanks to everyone on the ROG forums, the best forum I have visited, everyone is extremely helpful and respectful to everyone else, rare in life.
I have a couple questions to start with, followed by many more I'm sure. I use my computer for every day use, At this time I don't want to build a rig just for benching so to start of with. No test bench or extreme cooling system for benching only, just join for the fun and enjoyment. I am not afraid to chance killing some hardware every now and then, as long as no one gets hurt it's only hardware
1. should I use a separate hard drive with a minimal install of Windows for benching, if so which version 7 home extreme or? and what services should be disabled or left working.
2. All my overclocking has never been done with any scientific methods, just stalking the forums to see what others have for setting and try them out so I would need a little guidance on where to start,

Arne Saknussemm
09-23-2012, 05:41 PM
HaHa Menthol! You have written out long hand what I meant in short :D Except for the killing hardware part; I'm not much up for that....get quite attached to my hardware.... Just in for the fun of it and learning new stuff....

Zka17
09-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Welcome Arne and Menthol in the new ROG Team! :cool:

I think, I supposed to be more clear from the beginning... when I said "hardware doesn't matter", I meant that everyone participates with what is available... no extra hardware or other equipment is required... - I think, getting out the maximum from those wonderful builds a lot of ROGers showed off here is equally precious then having the latest benching equipment...

Those scores posted in this Forum lately by X Pack, Arne, Menthol and others are really good! Together, all of those scores will add up... then we can have our discussions here about how to improve things... I do have a benching setup, so I can contribute with those results too, later on, maybe some others will join with such setups... - all of these will complement each other! The main point is to stay together, to show the world not necessarily the highest results, but the best Team...

So, for now, let's just thing about a team name... then we can ask X Pack to actually create the team on HWBOT, then the rest of us will join it - then we can start submitting... As our first results are there, we can see and compare our results with the other's... and we can start working on improving them...

As for the team name, X Pack had an idea: ROG Supreme OC... personally, I think it's good - other ideas?

Zka17
09-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Oh, about the killing hardware thing... - well I think that should be every individual's own decision... the Team will not impose such thing!

Arne Saknussemm
09-23-2012, 06:09 PM
the Team will not impose such thing!

LOL! Phew.....

Name is fine by me .....

One thing that would be good to know..... what do you have to post as a result?.. screenshot.... of what exactly?.... do we have to save web page of 3D mark results? etc.

Zka17
09-23-2012, 10:31 PM
X Pack asked me to post these pics...

So for the 3D Mark 11, the first one with the screenshot:

It has to have proof of the 3D Mark 11 score... then needs to show the CPU-Z and GPU-Z - I used to open 3 windows of CPU-Z, for CPU, memory and motherboard... (here only the CPU and mobo are shown)

Then save the detailed scores from the 3D Mark 11...

Then go to HWBOT - Submit - Select 3D Mark 11/Performance and start filling up the form... the "Benchmark score" is the one after the "P"...; the fill the subtests too...

Then you wil have two option: 1.) prepopulate fields by previous submission and 2.) ebter hardware manually - at the first submission, chosse the 2nd option... and you will get here:

For this this benchmark, the mandatory hardware to fill out is the CPU and videocard - meaning that you must fill these and the other ones are optional...

At the "verification" section, upload your screenshot... I use to put the link of the Futuremark results page at the "compare url" field... And upload at least one/max 4 pics of your setup (where the hardware can be clearly identified):

Click submit score! :)

Then here is the last image from X Pack... sincerely, I don't really know what it means... maybe check your submission at the team page?

Is this OK, X Pack?

Rockford
09-23-2012, 11:07 PM
all good..

1. You dont need to save the detailed score, i did that just to show..
2. Press submit, chose benchmark, and fill in the form..

To register at futuremark, has its advantages, sometimes a OC crash, a couple of sec, before taking screenshot..

If you have a futuremark free account, the score stick (most of the time), some require a double refresh of the page..

So if your machine crash after its submitted to futuremark, you can always go back, and access your detailed score..

Will not penetrate this any deeper, it can get complicated that way.. its very basic, and simple really..

here are the team>http://hwbot.org/team/rog_supreme_oc/

I set a password for the team, if joining, password> republic

That is just so we limit the people, only to those that are registered in this forum..

Its mainly in the starting pits, just to get it up at hwbot..

Additional captains, and other improvements will come..

Its kinda "buggy" now at the bot..

Please have patience..

Zka17
09-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Thank you, X Pack, for setting up the new team! :cool:

Yeah, it is buggy right now... maybe the new members can select our team when they are subscribing... - I simply can not join right now...

Selecting the team (ROG Supreme OC), trying to save it and gives me an error at the next field (Create new team): "size must be between 2 and 60" I'm afraid that if I put something in the "Create new team" field will take me somewhere else...

So, yeah, patience needed there...

lenehan
09-24-2012, 02:38 AM
I am supporting it. I am in.

Zka17
09-24-2012, 02:46 AM
Excellent, thank you! :cool:

Now just wait until we can join the team on HWBOT...

Rockford
09-24-2012, 03:05 AM
Earlier this evening, i was talking 2 a represent from hwbot..

We just have to wait and see now..

/X

Rockford
09-24-2012, 03:10 AM
I am supporting it. I am in.

Great..

Was hoping on you bro..

Your kinda "lethal", with your gear, when it comes to OC.. ;o)

Rockford
09-24-2012, 03:23 AM
Also..

its not all about overclocking the latest and most expensive hardware on the market..

It covers a lot more than that..

You can get nice score, overclocking a Celeron, for example.. Or a Radeon 4890..

I have a friend, he's got around 30 motherboards, he's overclocking, in his home!!!..

You set the limits...

And if you dont want any score, for your submissions, you have a checkbox for that also

HiVizMan
09-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Is there not already a ROG team?

Zka17
09-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Actually there is... it's just not too much going on there lately - except 8 Pack, he is really productive! Also, there are more professional people, this team would more for amateurs...

HiVizMan
09-24-2012, 02:59 PM
8 Pack left that team and is now benching on OCN.

8 Pack
09-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Hiviz is correct. I left as there as although I wanted to support the product very much nothing was going on.

HiVizMan
09-24-2012, 03:46 PM
The big thing about a team is the feeling of being part of something, the banter, the help, the swapping of ideas. A team needs to have momentum. And for 8 Pack who is working very hard to get to the number one spot and grow as a bencher he needed to be in a big team that would push him.

8 Pack
09-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Perfectly correct mate. Very well put.

Zka17
09-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Well, I guess then, we lost 8 Pack for our cause... but we still can watch him and learn from him... :cool: Good luck, 8 Pack, with your new team!

And yes, HiVizMan, you're right about "The big thing about a team is the feeling of being part of something, the banter, the help, the swapping of ideas."! I think, all of us experienced those things here, on this Forum too...

We just want to try ourselves outside of this Forum too, but keeping all the good things we had learn here...

Zka17
09-24-2012, 09:49 PM
OK, I did it! Finally I joined the ROG Supreme OC team!

The trick was to put "ROG Supreme OC" in the field "Create new team" after selected the team from that drop-down menu... just don't click on that circle before "Create new team", let highlighted the one at Join team... then it will ask the password... hit save and done! :cool:

Rockford
09-24-2012, 09:50 PM
password> republic

welcome.......

danskieness
09-25-2012, 02:28 AM
can i join? i'm really interested! though yeah my hardware is not that gadly and my ocing skills is close to none but im sure this community will always lend a helping hand :D

Rockford
09-25-2012, 02:55 AM
Hello dansk..

Yes, great... Welcome..

No one, comes with OC skills by nature..

well maybe in about 200 years or so..

until then, we have to learn it, the hard way.. trail/error

;o)

danskieness
09-25-2012, 03:14 AM
oh yea! i feel great! thanks for the welcome :)

anyway i believe you could help me hiviz said that you also have a 7850 :)

Rockford
09-25-2012, 03:16 AM
Yes, i would.. But i think Viz remember wrong..

I run 7950 now..

danskieness
09-25-2012, 03:29 AM
dang i certainly need help to clock mines XD anyhow thanks

Menthol
09-25-2012, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the invitations I added a couple results

Rockford
09-25-2012, 03:50 AM
Talk about first impression..

Those results r very good.

Menthol
09-25-2012, 04:02 AM
It's 9:00 pm. in Southern California, what time is where your at X Pack
I am going to be busy at work for the next couple weeks but I'll get some more results entered soon my friend

Rockford
09-25-2012, 04:06 AM
Over here, its 06:05 am..

The blondes use to drop in around 06:20 am

Swedish ROG groupies..

;o)

danskieness
09-25-2012, 04:46 AM
Question : since i am so noob, what do i need to upload benchmarks :)

Rockford
09-25-2012, 04:56 AM
You need a screen-shot/screen-cut. Containing the score you got in the benchmark.

gpu-z, and cpu-z, that is showing the clocks, used for that benchmark..

And it makes things more easy, to register at futuremark, then you will be able to have access to you detailed score, more easily..

http://www.3dmark.com/login

That is not a must, only a good thing to do.. and its free

also required in the submit form, at hwbot, is a photo that show your hardware, its for verification only..

There are some posts by Zka, in the beginning of this thread, that show how to do..

at hwbot, there is a "submit button" which link to a "score/hardware form"..

Please pm me, if you have any questions..

X

Also, at hwbot, in the download benchmark section, you can read the rules..

It may be better, if any recent changes are made, its there..

vga cards>http://hwbot.org/benchmarks/videocard

cpu>http://hwbot.org/benchmarks/processor

memory>http://hwbot.org/benchmarks/memory

mobo>http://hwbot.org/benchmarks/motherboard

disk>http://hwbot.org/benchmarks/disk

You also see which scores, global, hardware. etc..

Zka17
09-25-2012, 05:26 AM
Excellent job, Menthol! :cool:

danskieness, welcome in the team! Let me know if you have questions with subscribing to hwbot and joining the team... although X Pack is on 7950s, I'm sure Oc'ing the 7850s is not so much difference...

HiVizMan
09-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Well, I guess then, we lost 8 Pack for our cause... but we still can watch him and learn from him... :cool: Good luck, 8 Pack, with your new team!

And yes, HiVizMan, you're right about "The big thing about a team is the feeling of being part of something, the banter, the help, the swapping of ideas."! I think, all of us experienced those things here, on this Forum too...

We just want to try ourselves outside of this Forum too, but keeping all the good things we had learn here...

You are 100% correct Zka and I am really pleased to see that the guys here are keen to be involved. I will post up a couple of guides for new benchers who are just starting out, and will gladly offer my time to help any who wish it or need it.

Yes, i would.. But i think Viz remember wrong..

I run 7950 now..

Yes I did get it wrong, and have replied with information (correct) in the original 7850 thread. :)

Question : since i am so noob, what do i need to upload benchmarks :)

There are examples of each screen shot needed for proof at HWBOT. Simply click on the http://hwbot.org/article/general_rules link and then select the specific benchmark you wish to see a sample screen of.

Good luck all.

Zka17
09-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Thank you, HiVizMan! With your help, I'm sure that we can do it! :cool:

lenehan
09-25-2012, 03:38 PM
It will no go wrong with HiVizMan on board. ROG all the way. So do ZKa , X Pack and the team.

Arne Saknussemm
09-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Some scores up! ;) More to come...the cold air is coming!

Zka17
09-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Good job, Arne! :cool:

8 Pack
09-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Good work guys!!! Glade your up and running. I know Hiviz has offered to help you guys, I am also more than willing to help you just post here or PM me and I will en-devour to assist the team in anyway I can.

Zka17
09-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Wow! With HiVizMan and 8 Pack on our side, we have a very strong team! Thank you, 8 Pack!

Menthol
09-26-2012, 04:01 AM
I tried my hand at Heaven tonight, was having some troubles with stability on my overclocks and no time to fine tune anything tonight so I submitted a minor CPU clock and factory clocks on GPU's just to get a submission in for the team effort.

Rockford
09-26-2012, 04:03 AM
I just pm you ment...

Rockford
09-26-2012, 04:05 AM
This is todays harvest...

Take it easy dudes, dont crash the bot.. ;o).. or.... hell yeahh..

I know many of them are plain testruns..

Power.... Massive..

Great teamwork dudes..

Menthol
09-26-2012, 04:05 AM
Some scores up! ;) More to come...the cold air is coming!
Great job Arne, the cold air here in So. Cal is not all that cold but I wouldn't trade it, no jacket required

Rockford
09-26-2012, 04:32 AM
I must say i am tempted, to put my machine out on the porch tomorrow, for a short period..

Its the psu i am worried about, condense..

The hw, for my rad chiller hasnt showed up yet..

No, i hold...

Mulitvitamin and zleep now...

Arne Saknussemm
09-26-2012, 04:51 AM
Great job Arne, the cold air here in So. Cal is not all that cold but I wouldn't trade it, no jacket required

Well, it's the same here.....I just mean I might be able to bench with ambient below 28C for a change:rolleyes::D

HiVizMan
09-26-2012, 08:45 AM
What I am willing to do is hold a series of contests for only ROG HWBOT team members. These contests will be fixed or low clock challenges. The point is two fold, to have fun and to learn how to tweak a benchmark.

Let me know if any are interested. I will try and arrange some kind of prizes for the winners.

Zka17
09-26-2012, 10:00 AM
It's interesting, Menthol, that you're working with Heaven... I'm trying it too with the GTX670... :cool: Not finished yet, but I can tell that I have interesting observations... - ended up downclocking instead of OC'ing... (details soon in my TestBench thread)

That is a nice catch, X Pack (post #48)! I like it... :cool:

Regarding the temps, it seems that all of us are in the northern hemisphere... - so, winter is coming for all of us... :cool:

HiVizMan, that's an excellent idea! Would be nice to have more ROG Supreme OC members (lenehan, when you will join us on hwbot?)... but it's sure that having small competition internally, then discussing the results, will take all of us to an another level... - I am in!

Zka17
09-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Guys, we just got a Bronze cup... :cool:

Arne Saknussemm
09-26-2012, 11:58 AM
how to tweak a benchmark.

Can they be tweaked?like outside of CS6;)......ok so, Interested!

Zka17
09-26-2012, 12:01 PM
I think, HiVizMan meant to tweak the system to get better results in benchmarks...

Menthol
09-27-2012, 02:40 AM
What I am willing to do is hold a series of contests for only ROG HWBOT team members. These contests will be fixed or low clock challenges. The point is two fold, to have fun and to learn how to tweak a benchmark.

Let me know if any are interested. I will try and arrange some kind of prizes for the winners.
You helping is prize enough

8 Pack
09-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Hiviz does mean system tweaking for better results yes and I think what he has in mind is a great idea.

Those guys doing Heaven X, this is the most demanding GPU bench around and is more GPU limited than anything. Clocks you use for other GPU benchmarks such as 11 or Vantage will probably not be stable to complete Unigen. Concentrate primarily on GPU with this one.

Those using ATI for this bench use drivers post 12.4 as these had new open GL which improves unigen scores!!!

Arne Saknussemm
09-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Sense of humor failure quite high in this thread! :-P

8Pack does that mean the CPU clocks don't really matter for Unigine...like 4.8 is as good as 5.0...it's down to GPU......memory count for anything?

lenehan
09-27-2012, 01:08 PM
I just join the ROG Supreme OC as a team member and see if I can contribute some part in the comming weekend.

8 Pack
09-27-2012, 01:10 PM
@ Arnie, everything matters !!! But GPU matters by far the most with Unigen X, by far the most. Then CPU, then memory.

There will be very little difference between 4.8 and 5 yes. Infact 4.8 with Higher BLK say 105 to raise PCI ex bus and hence graphics speed would be better than 5 for example.

Arne Saknussemm
09-27-2012, 01:25 PM
@ Arnie, everything matters !!! But GPU matters by far the most with Unigen X, by far the most. Then CPU, then memory.

There will be very little difference between 4.8 and 5 yes. Infact 4.8 with Higher BLK say 105 to raise PCI ex bus and hence graphics speed would be better than 5 for example.

Hehe....see, that's just the sort of thing you'd want to know! Thanks 8 Pack!

lenehan....go for it! I'll be getting some more up too...

8 Pack
09-27-2012, 01:26 PM
No problem!!

danskieness
09-28-2012, 04:54 AM
i did manage to contribute a disgusting .1 :|

Zka17
09-28-2012, 09:30 AM
That's not disgusting! That is a strong 1.81 point for the team! I'm happy that we have you with us - and you will accumulate more, I'm sure :)

danskieness
09-28-2012, 03:17 PM
the only problem i got here is the ambient, its too hot + the humidity yesterday when i was benching my gpu i was almost reaching 90, well for furmark that is but everything seems ok with unigine around 72-76. im quite getting the hang of this, thank you zka for lifting my spirits! i shall bench again!

Arne Saknussemm
09-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Points is points danskieness....as long as they're + not - ;)

I have a question about RAM for the team .....does it matter more than a few points if i'm running 1600 or is there a noticeable difference at 2133 for example...... and if so in which benchmarks? Also does quantity matter?

lenehan
09-29-2012, 11:15 AM
In my opinion the ram frequency affect the CPU OC stablebilities but will not do any affect the score doing benching. Correct me if I was wrong. As for the amount of ram, that is the question i want to know too. Cheers.

RonanC
09-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know if engineering samples can be used?

Rockford
09-29-2012, 03:42 PM
X pack at iPad..( location unknown)
..I did ask about that, have not yet got any reply..

I dont think you can use it at the bot.

8 Pack
09-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Does anyone know if engineering samples can be used?

You can only use ES CPU or Hardware if you join the Pro overclockers league which is the top league. HWbot presume only those sponsored by manufacturers such as Intel, ASUS etc etc can get hold of such hardware and hence why you are forced into the highest league on HWbot.

8 Pack
09-30-2012, 10:11 AM
hey you guys seem to be doing great !!! keep it going.

RAM amount does not matter on any benchmarks currently on Hwbot well above 4gb anyway. Obviously RAM amount puts more stress on IMC so use as little as possible to get the best clocks while fully optimising the platform. So X79 use 4 sticks quad channel Z77 two sticks dual channel then full bandwidth is available to the CPU.

Never on any bench sacrifice CPU speed for memory timings or speed.

Here is a simplistic list of the benches where RAM timings and speeds make a difference:

2D

Super pi Almost zero difference
Pifast Almost Zero difference
Wprime 32mb Almost Zero difference
Wprime 1024 mb Improves scores
Super Pi 32 mil Improves scores alot.

3D

Aquamark Some difference improves scores
01 Some difference improves scores
03 Not much difference
05 Some difference improves scores
06 Medium difference (More than 03 but not like 01 or 05)
Unigen Not much difference
11 Some difference in Physics test especially
Vantage Some difference in CPU test especially.

Hope this helps you guys abit. I know its a little ambiguous and general but it largely depends on your system.

Anything that is unclear fire back questions on this thread.

8 Pack
09-30-2012, 10:14 AM

RAM amount does not matter on any benchmarks currently on Hwbot well above 4gb anyway. Obviously RAM amount puts more stress on IMC so use as little as possible to get the best clocks while fully optimising the platform. So X79 use 4 sticks quad channel Z77 two sticks dual channel then full bandwidth is available to the CPU.

Here is a simplistic list of the benches where RAM timings and speeds make a difference:

2D

3D

03 Not much difference
11 Some difference in Physics test especially.

Hope this helps you guys abit as a general rule. I know its a little ambiguous and general but it largely depends on your system. For most around 2133mhz is the sweet spot.

Arne Saknussemm
09-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks 8 Pack that's exactly the info I, for one, was after! Especially as regards Wprime and Super Pi....I'll save them until I pick up some quicker RAM.

8 Pack
09-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Wprime 1024 mate and Super pi 32 mil its critical with 32 mil.

Arne you benching X79 only???

Arne Saknussemm
09-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Yep, at the moment...... I really just started benching anything a week ago putting some scores up in the vantage and 3D11 threads so I'm not going to be giving you any competition lets say :o

But I have an X58 next to me (980 but not "x") I could see what I pull out of that and I have a 775 somewhere with a Q9650 I might dust down!

I don't even have a bench rig lol:D

8 Pack
09-30-2012, 11:11 AM
lol

Well if your getting memory for benching I would go 4 x 2gb PSC based dimms as they are gonna work well on X58 and your current set up. PSC are a dead give away as the stock timings slope up and down say 7-8-7 or 8-9-8 etc etc. They scale very well with volts too. Oh and your RIVE has a PSC profile so you need to do minimum tuning!!!1

danskieness
09-30-2012, 01:34 PM

2D

3D

03 Not much difference
11 Some difference in Physics test especially.

Hope this helps you guys abit as a general rule. I know its a little ambiguous and general but it largely depends on your system. For most around 2133mhz is the sweet spot.

this, definitely worth a rep.

8 Pack
09-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Cheers!!! But I dont do it for that but thanks anyway!!

Arne Saknussemm
10-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Just OCd my old i7 980 to 4.6+ and OCd my old gtx 570 ran 3D mark....uploaded to the BOT and get 0.0 !!! WTF? hardware ranks N/A can you only get points buying the latest and greatest?

:confused::rolleyes::eek:

Zka17
10-06-2012, 12:20 AM
You didn't got points because of this:

When I was about to start using the GTX670, HiVizMan advised me to do first the GTX480 - because I will get more points... You already submitted a better score on that benchmark, and the team has also a better score... I think, that's the reason you're not getting points...

You can do two things: 1.) run benchmarks you didn't do before, or the ones the team has lower scores on; 2.) you could delete your submissions with the better hardware, submit first the weaker one, then resubmit your higher scores - in this one I'm not so sure though... you may want to wait/ask more experienced people too...

Arne Saknussemm
10-06-2012, 06:15 AM
Hey Zka17...yeah, I figured something like that....pity it doesn't even calculate rank etc. Seems a strange thing though... does that mean I can incrementally OC stuff adding 50MHz at a time for a string of scores?:confused:

Zka17
10-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Well, not sure... lately I'm trying to submit scores which brings more than 0.1 points for (me and/or for the team)... with older hardware it is pretty hard... now, as I submitted results with the GTX670 and GTX680, only SLI setup could count with the GTX480...

Arne Saknussemm
10-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Shesh! tell me about it! We were doing OK for awhile there now 0.1 is what I get for OCing to 5.1 and running pifast!!!:rolleyes: LOL need more hardware or more members. Where's my second GTX 680 Ama***!?!? (name removed to protect the guilty).

Zka17
10-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Yeap, we do need more members, I agree! Hopefully, with new members new hardware will come too...

8 Pack
10-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Guys you get HWpoints for all submissions ( Omly your top 20 counting towards the team though) but if your making a graphics card submission it does not matter what CPU or other HW you use. Only the best score counts. So you use a GTX 480 with X79 and get a 3d mark 11 score and a GTX 480 with Z77 and get a 3D mark 11 score. Only the best one of the two counts to give you 3D 11 HWpoints for that card.

Popular Cards with many submissions give you more HWpoints.

You can submit improved scores with the same hardware as many times as you wish. So if you improve your score just resubmit.

Arne Saknussemm
10-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Hey there 8 pack...cheers for that....kind of realized that slowly. Does that mean there is a submissions game to be played.....posting up slowly increasing scores up to the max your hardware will do? i.e. If I bench my card at max and submit I get (X) points.... but if I find out that max score and then post scores leading up to it I get (x)+(x+1)+(x+2)+(X) and if the team organizes to do this among themselves they get many more points than posting up top benchmarks first off?

8 Pack
10-08-2012, 10:19 PM
No mate because ultimately only your top benchmark with that card in that bench scores the points. The points you score does improve with a better submission but you then loose the points for the poorer score.

RonanC
10-10-2012, 03:17 PM
so I can enter my hotwired 680 ? ti does not matter i am using a 3960x ES?

Zka17
10-10-2012, 04:12 PM
The hotwired GTX680 is fine! I don't know about your CPU... I would say: try it!

RonanC
10-10-2012, 08:20 PM
sorry guys I joined the wrong team, I joined the asus rog team and not the supreme one. tried to change and it seems like it doesnt want to let me leave.. lol

Zka17
10-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Oh, man... it happens... what do you mean by "doesn't want to let me leave"? Are you getting some message?

RonanC
10-10-2012, 09:23 PM
when i try change teams and click save..the change is not saving its reverting to the asus rog..

Zka17
10-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Have you tried simultaneously changing the team (at "Join team") to ROG Supreme OC AND also type "ROG Supreme OC" into "Create new team"?

Chino
10-10-2012, 10:07 PM
What is the password lol? Tried "republic" but it won't let me in. :p

Edit: NVM. Got in. lol

8 Pack
10-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Dont use ES CPU unless you join Pro overclockers league which the top guys compete in you cant use ES hardware for points. The GPU sounds good how does it clock???

Zka17
10-10-2012, 11:17 PM
What is the password lol? Tried "republic" but it won't let me in. :p

Edit: NVM. Got in. lol

Welcome, Chino, onboard! :cool: Just saw your MaxxMem submission... seems promising! The Ivy Bridge is very good with the memories...

May I suggest, to go back and submit a photo of your computer too? The thing is that right now your submission is not according to rules... - thanks!

RonanC
10-11-2012, 09:13 AM
hi m8, cheers reply, so does this mean that I cant use the ES while submiting a GPU score?

I have hit 1498mhz so far, but I am reluctant to push anymore I dont want to pop the card lol

Rockford
10-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Welcome Chino....

Chino
10-11-2012, 02:13 PM
I was asking around one day where I could learn some real overclocking. They told me if you want to be the best, you have to learn from the best of the best. Being clueless like I was, I asked them and where would that be? And they responded... with ROG!

So here I am now. Ready to learn. lol

Zka17
10-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Chino, you came to the right place! Please, start with reading the stickies in the mobo section first... be sure that you understood everything, if you have questions, just ask... - then we can take it from there... :)

Chino
10-11-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't have any world records under my belt but I do have some prior overclocking experience. lol :p So i'm not starting from zero or anything. :D

My questions are more HWBOT related than Overclocking at the moment. lol Despite reading this thread from start to end, I still don't understand its complicated point system. :p

Zka17
10-11-2012, 05:16 PM
I think, this explains somewhat the rules: http://hwbot.org/article/hwboints

Chino
10-11-2012, 05:58 PM
For example, I submitted Entry 1 for Heaven. Say I got better, and then submitted Entry 2 for Heaven.Does the system automatically pick the higest one?

Once an entry is submitted, can I go back to change the details of a component? In one of your entries I saw you added a whole lot of detail for your VGA. And in mines I only had the model. LOL

8 Pack
10-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Yeah it picks he highest score and only gives you points for that.

Yeah you can edit the details click edit at the top of your submission to change details.

Rockford
10-11-2012, 07:20 PM
The benchmarks that generate global points, is the most common to run..

Not all gives global points..

And 3d mark 06, i think is very easy, and a good starter... (low gpu load), easy cpu test), can be ram demanding, at the butterflies/forest.

Benchmark points>

http://hwbot.org/benchmarks/videocard

(http://hwbot.org/benchmarks/videocard)

Zka17
10-11-2012, 07:32 PM
And 3d mark 06, i think is very easy, and a good starter...

It's interesting that you're saying this ^^^... I just downloaded it before I teared down my system... - I will try it too as soon as my SLI setup will be functional! :cool:

Rockford
10-11-2012, 07:38 PM
yes. proxycon is around max 70% load, if i am not terrible wrong.. so you will be able to get kinda high on the core.

Dragon/canyon is a bit harder on the gpu, and if you get past that one, it rarely fail, in the last test (snowy polar heaven?)

Chino
10-11-2012, 08:09 PM
I don't have the right cooler to OC the processor right now, so I just ran some of the more GPU intense benchmarks lol. I'll try the 3d mark 06 when I get home. :p

Zka17
10-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Well, you have to know that the 3D benchmarks (the GPU intense ones) do require high CPU speeds too... but of course, you can see how high your graphics card is going and then, when you get a better cooling for your CPU, you can up that too... :)

Chino
10-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Officially opened for donations LOL :rolleyes:

Rockford
10-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Time for benchmark..

Still to warm..

gpu 19c

And its only October.. hehe

i have one card that is a "slower" than the rest, its the one i have installed now..

But 1340 mhz, is not a big prob..

Gonna be fun to install the other cards later, they are undergoing mod..

Chino
10-12-2012, 04:55 AM
Which do you guys use for GPU overclocking? ASUS GPU Tweak, EVGA Precision X, MSI Afterburner or Gigabyte OC Guru II•Gigabyte OC Guru II?

Menthol
10-12-2012, 10:16 AM
X Pack, good to see you back
Chino, I I use msi AB v. 2.2.3 because I can overvolt my MSI 680's with it some swear by EVGA Precision for Nvidia cards, ATI cards can be overclocked within there drivers which Nvidia stopped doing a while back, but I am not sure what is most popular for ATI

Zka17
10-12-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm using the newest EVGA Precision X...

8 Pack
10-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Which do you guys use for GPU overclocking? ASUS GPU Tweak, EVGA Precision X, MSI Afterburner or Gigabyte OC Guru II•Gigabyte OC Guru II?

Its all dependent on what GPU your using as to which overclocking software is the best choice. Test several to see what allows you the most flexibility in options.

Arne Saknussemm
10-14-2012, 11:08 AM
I've just tried out precision X and afterburner on Win 7 and 8 (preview) Precision X actually works better for me on Win 7....just discovered that....On win 8 I can't get it to work well...lots of freezes crashes etc. Afterburner is OK.

GPU tweak spent 10 minutes having fits on my system despite card being Asus gtx 680:rolleyes: ;before I uninstalled it for ever!!!

Chino
10-14-2012, 05:26 PM
I'll try them all then lol. xD

8 Pack
10-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Yeah best option!!!

Henkenator68NL
10-16-2012, 01:37 AM

Best worked for me was the MSI afterburner (until it started to interfere with my Fan Xpert Profiles...). Asus GPU Tweak crashed al lot on my AMD system.

Henkenator68NL
10-16-2012, 01:39 AM
I've just tried out precision X and afterburner on Win 7 and 8 (preview) Precision X actually works better for me on Win 7....just discovered that....On win 8 I can't get it to work well...lots of freezes crashes etc. Afterburner is OK.

GPU tweak spent 10 minutes having fits on my system despite card being Asus gtx 680:rolleyes: ;before I uninstalled it for ever!!!

Same here GPU Tweak fails on AMD system, although on my new Intel Bench Beast it seems to work so far ...

Rockford
10-17-2012, 02:52 AM
And the radeon drivers........ they are generally important..

Some score good, low OC

Other OC high, and score less..

and.. some dont work good at all..

Radeon drivers stay foot, i know geforce drivers can bounce a bit..

Menthol
10-17-2012, 04:03 AM
X Pack, Zka, Arne, You guys have step up the game here, whats an old man like me to do, I don't want to buy any more GPU's or go to some extreme cooling. I think I've ran out of steam unless I can squeeze a little more from some kind of OS tweaks or something. Not going to give up yet though. Very glad to see more people take an interest to joining the team, hope I can still contribute something as if nothing else I have had great enjoyment from these forums and the good people here willing to help others with advice and share there tips. Sets the ROG forums apart from the others.
I should mention HiVizMan, 8 Pack and so many others but you know what i mean.

Rockford
10-17-2012, 04:23 AM
Ment man..

The main reason as i see it, when it comes to the team, and the participation..

Is not to stress, and buy a s*itload of gear, just to score..

Having a great time, and 2 have the connection to this forum, and all the great people in here..

So lets leave the performance anxiety to the other forums, and do what we do best, thrive together, and respect each other..

You contribute by being who you are.. Not by what you perform..

Then if some individuals, want to nuke the bot, and go rampage...

HiVizMan
10-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Certainly agree it is not about the scores or the hardware. It is about the fun of benching and being with a great crowd of people.

Just a quick question, you guys up for a month long 2D benching contest? Only open to this ROG team members? If enough guys are keen I will post it up. Might even have a price or two to donate from my collection of toys. This is not an ASUS ROG contest this is a members contest.

Zka17
10-17-2012, 11:46 AM
I also agree, it's more about the road and less about the endpoint... personally, I do feel encouraged when I'm getting good scores though... :)

Yeap, I'm in, HiVizMan! What are the rules? :cool:

Chino
10-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Sounds good to me. I want some new toys. :D

Henkenator68NL
10-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey guys,

I Just joined the Team ! Now Benching and uploading my results. For my newly built system. System is still on stock air coolers awaiting a complete new Water Cooling System (money money money .. :eek:).

Greetings Henk

Zka17
10-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Welcome onboard, Henk! :cool:

Henkenator68NL
10-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks M8!

First Scores for the Team are in the Pocket !!

http://hwbot.org/team/rog_supreme_oc/

World Cup for the

Asus GTX660-DC20-2GD5
:cool:

HiVizMan
10-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Henk can you go have a look at the screenshot layout needed for verification on HWBOT below and compare it to your submission.

Arne Saknussemm
10-17-2012, 01:37 PM
X Pack, Zka, Arne, You guys have step up the game here

Menthol! What am I doing on that list?? Hehe...just in it for the fun and indeed your vantage scores are my target at the moment....;)

And if Henk can pull that score out of a 660 I think I have a whole lot left to learn about benching LOL

HiVizMan....sound good to me!:D

I've just ordered a bench table too:o and like Henk I reckon WCing my cards will be a future project.....

Henkenator68NL
10-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Certainly agree it is not about the scores or the hardware. It is about the fun of benching and being with a great crowd of people.

Just a quick question, you guys up for a month long 2D benching contest? Only open to this ROG team members? If enough guys are keen I will post it up. Might even have a price or two to donate from my collection of toys. This is not an ASUS ROG contest this is a members contest.

Count me in to !!

Henkenator68NL
10-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Henk can you go have a look at the screenshot layout needed for verification on HWBOT below and compare it to your submission.

HiVizMan, i did compare the picture. I took screen shot from the Submitted Results on Futuremark Site. Instead of a pic from the 3DMark Vantage program itself.

Is that going to be a problem? And of course ... I didn't save the result in the program itself.

What is best way to solve this?

Rockford
10-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Henk...

I will answer your pm soon...

Have some things to do first..

Henkenator68NL
10-17-2012, 02:10 PM
No problem! Take your time !

Greetings Henk

Chino
10-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Good job, Henk! The team's moving up the ladder now. :D

HiVizMan
10-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Sadly you do need to have the actual application in your screen shot. Your screenshot must have all those components that are in red. Exactly as the example I posted. Especially as it is a very good score. Your result is good, but it is possible that someone will report it and I think it will be blocked if reported.

So it looks like you will need to re-run the benchmark.

Zka17
10-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Yeap, HiVizMan is right... people already complaining... - so, Henk, please re-run that benchmark and edit your submission... it happens that people on the HWBOT comment hardly on the new best scores, don't give the moderators chance to block it!

Henkenator68NL
10-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Guys,

It seems there is something not valid in the score .. A claim was made that Lucid Virtualization is not allowed. I did check the rules of the 3DMark Vantage benchmark at HWBOT but there is no mentioning of it.

Do you guys know anything about this?

I will delete the score of course if it is not valid!

Arne Saknussemm
10-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Hmmm I did wonder about the score if the best I can squeeze out of a 680 is 40odd thousand..... I was going to ask for the secret tweaks Henkenator68NL ! ;)

They are still discussing Lucid.....http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40742

Henkenator68NL
10-17-2012, 04:53 PM
So do you guys think I have to delete the score?

HiVizMan
10-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Guys,

It seems there is something not valid in the score .. A claim was made that Lucid Virtualization is not allowed. I did check the rules of the 3DMark Vantage benchmark at HWBOT but there is no mentioning of it.

Do you guys know anything about this?

I will delete the score of course if it is not valid!

No benchmarks are allowed with Lucid enabled. So yes it is a known thing, there have been many discussions about it. If you used Lucid then your score is not valid. Delete and start again, welcome to the world of benching. :)

Henkenator68NL
10-17-2012, 05:02 PM
No benchmarks are allowed with Lucid enabled. So yes it is a known thing, there have been many discussions about it. If you used Lucid then your score is not valid. Delete and start again, welcome to the world of benching. :)

Well indeed thats a big dissappointer .... but just as I told my wife this she said the samething that you did !
Just start over again
LOL
So now for new results, going to try to get good score, but will see what scores are possible ..

Henkenator68NL
10-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Well ... The First Run Shows a complete different score .....

Thats a hughe difference .... I will post it on HWBOT tomorrow!

HiVizMan
10-17-2012, 05:42 PM
You understand why there is huge discussion going on at the bot about the validity of using Lucid while benching when you see the huge difference in scores.

Big respect for getting on with things some folks would have got all silly about it. :)

Henkenator68NL
10-17-2012, 05:49 PM
well I couldn't stop myself so I submitted this score om HWBOt...

http://hwbot.org/submission/2321541_henkenator68nl_3dmark_vantage___performanc e_geforce_gtx_660_27825_marks?recalculate=true

Need more points to get the team up ... but time will tell :confused:

Zka17
10-17-2012, 06:05 PM
That score still put you on the third place! :)

No worries, Henk... nobody knew these things from the beginning... - I did the same mistake with my first memory clock submission... submitted the effective value (which is the double of the one showed in CPU-Z) and had the world record for couple hours... :cool: Then people from the HWBOT started to agitate and I learned from my mistake... - no memory clock world record from me since then though... :)

Henkenator68NL
10-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Thanks Zoltan!

I like benching ... just did a quick run on my - AMD CVF, 1100T, 6990 - system. Score was not to bad but ended up at lower end ranking ..

Will try to improve that .. but tomorrow there is an other day :D

CYA

RonanC
10-18-2012, 10:03 AM
hey guys.

I managed to join the Pro OC leaque so I can use ES chip ;) ill have a play over the weekend and get benching.

Rockford
10-18-2012, 12:17 PM
RoN...

Fire up your rig........

welcome..

RonanC
10-20-2012, 03:31 PM
shes fired up lol, i submitted a stock benchmark and will submit multiple ones for the lead up to 1400+.

As I am using the ES chip and I am in the Pro league, I am allowed to use this cpu. but it is not listed (2490x) so I had to choose 3960x as this is the nearest match, is this ok ?

Zka17
10-20-2012, 03:45 PM
I think, it's OK... You could mention it on the notes... something like "this is a 2490x, engineering sample, but there is no way to choose it at the CPU"...

RonanC
10-20-2012, 04:10 PM
cheers, I have ammended :)

Zka17
10-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Thanks, RonanC! Now start tweaking that beast... :cool:

Additionally, there is an ongoing Super Pi competition/challenge for the team members... :)

Rockford
10-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Ronan, i have replied on Skype..

HiVizMan
10-20-2012, 06:30 PM
shes fired up lol, i submitted a stock benchmark and will submit multiple ones for the lead up to 1400+.

As I am using the ES chip and I am in the Pro league, I am allowed to use this cpu. but it is not listed (2490x) so I had to choose 3960x as this is the nearest match, is this ok ?

What you need to do is fill in the request for new CPU class. Or pm a moderator. Sam would be the best bet. Tupakah is his user name.

RonanC
10-21-2012, 01:24 PM
cheers HIviz, I sent him a pm :)

chrsplmr
10-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Going to give it a go in an AMD/onAir kinda way .. it tickles a little .. can't let 'our' Intel ROGz have All the fun... ehehe
Thanks for clearing a spot at the 'bar' for us .. pour another round of 'real' fun .. right from a fresh bottle of ROG.

cudos All.c.

.. really I just wanted to put that cool avatar in my sig .. hahhaa .. (j/k)
I want to promote the team mostly.

Zka17
10-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Welcome in the Team! Now, just submit a result and your name will be on the member list too... :) I really hope that you opened a new way in our Team's life... again, welcome and enjoy!

chrsplmr
10-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Zka .. thanks .. I went to hwbot to do just that and discovered there is no 6x cpu thing for the 32m ??? ummm ??? wha ??
Am I missing something ?? or ?

HiVizMan
10-21-2012, 10:32 PM
The only benchmark that is additionally delineated by number of cores is the only multi-threaded benchmark. Wprime.

All the other 2D or CPU based benchmarks are delineated by model only.

Rockford
10-21-2012, 10:58 PM
temp forum signature available now..

Its is available> my account

The font?, oh yes.. hwbots finest.. ;o)

RonanC
10-21-2012, 11:20 PM
very nice m8 welldone!

Rockford
10-22-2012, 02:13 AM
Current member status... 13 members, and gowing..

Zka17
10-22-2012, 02:22 AM
It's cool! :cool:

Myk SilentShadow
10-22-2012, 02:31 AM
I've tried to Validate through CPUz, to get something up on HWBot, but CPU-Z isn't saving the file to my PC for a manual validation and the online one doesn't work either :/

Thanks for the welcome message on my HWBot wall XPack :)

Rockford
10-22-2012, 02:35 AM
Which benchmark are you trying to submit?

a screen-cut, or print screen, is the most common way to submit a score..

Rules->

http://hwbot.org/benchmarks/videocard

http://hwbot.org/benchmarks/processor

(http://hwbot.org/benchmarks/processor)

Myk SilentShadow
10-22-2012, 02:48 AM
Just my current CPU clock, I finally got CPU-Z to submit the validation lol...now to just go through the tonnes of junk just to prove it on HWBot lol

Myk SilentShadow
10-22-2012, 03:03 AM
OK so I tried to enter my CPU info, it's an AMD FX4170...but it's not accepting the damn thing.

Rockford
10-22-2012, 03:08 AM
here you go Myk

Chino
10-22-2012, 03:08 AM
Just type FX-41 and it'll show up. :p

Myk SilentShadow
10-22-2012, 03:17 AM
Thanks guys...though upon looking at the submission it shows stock clock of 4200, not the 4657.03 it's OC'ed at

I put in stock of 4200 like I should have then 4657.03 for the OC...i'm sure I did it right lol

Chino
10-22-2012, 03:20 AM
lol Did you put 4657.03 In the box that says "Benchmark Score"? Because in your CPU Z validation it does say 4657.03 lol

Myk SilentShadow
10-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Yeah, I submitted a second one. The damn thing isn't explained very clearly...if they have probs with it, i'm sure they'll fix it ~shrugs~ but surprisingly there's only 3 listed scores with the 4170 lol

Zka17
10-22-2012, 03:47 AM
There you go, Myk! You already have your first cup and brought good point to the team... and you were saying that you can not do it... :p

Congrats, mate, and keep going! :)

Myk SilentShadow
10-22-2012, 03:50 AM
There you go, Myk! You already have your first cup and brought good point to the team... and you were saying that you can not do it... :p

Congrats, mate, and keep going! :)

Thanks mate :)

Squallalaha
10-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Hello,

I applied, or attempted to join the team @ HWBot - Not thinking I registered a different name then here. Sorry..

Here - Squllalaha (my gaming name Since 1998)
There - MasterPMI (my interwebs name since 199x)

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Rockford
10-25-2012, 08:35 PM
hello..

i am browsing the team member list at the bot, i cant find you MasterPMI

There are a password required, for joining the team..

The password is> republic

/ regards X

Squallalaha
10-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Ok, not sure whats going: http://hwbot.org/user/MasterPMI/

When I go into my Aco****, Team Section > Join Team Button Selcted > Pulldown to 'ROG Supreme OC' it populates in the field.

I hit ' Save Changes' it reloads the page, but if I navaigate away, or hit a different "save account" or different "Save changes" It states 'Information Saved' but then the team is back to 'no team'.

Rockford
10-25-2012, 09:00 PM
yes, i know there are a bug at the bot, when trying to join..

I will pm mr Magic.. Zka

I think he will be able to help you..

X

Myk SilentShadow
10-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Ok, not sure whats going: http://hwbot.org/user/MasterPMI/

When I go into my Aco****, Team Section > Join Team Button Selcted > Pulldown to 'ROG Supreme OC' it populates in the field.

I hit ' Save Changes' it reloads the page, but if I navaigate away, or hit a different "save account" or different "Save changes" It states 'Information Saved' but then the team is back to 'no team'.

Yes, the reason why it takes you back to the page, is if you look down the bottom at the team listing you will see an "error" that states you need to enter the team's password of 'republic' :)

Zka17
10-25-2012, 09:20 PM
And here I am! :cool:

So, Squallalaha/MasterPMI, after you selected "ROG Supreme OC" at the "Join team:" section, you have to type "ROG Supreme OC" below into the "Create new team" section too... hit "Save changes" then will ask for the password - type "republic" and you're done!

Squallalaha
10-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Yes, the reason why it takes you back to the page, is if you look down the bottom at the team listing you will see an "error" that states you need to enter the team's password of 'republic' :)
Myk, that didnt work.

And here I am! :cool:

So, Squallalaha/MasterPMI, after you selected "ROG Supreme OC" at the "Join team:" section, you have to type "ROG Supreme OC" below into the "Create new team" section too... hit "Save changes" then will ask for the password - type "republic" and you're done!

Yes, Zka17, that worked: As you stated the entry for the PW didnt show up until I selected ROG Supreme OC fromt eh Team list, Typed in ROG Supreme OC in the Create Team area (not checked), selected United States, THEN hit save changes, it gave me the error and option gfor the PW.

Anyway for anyone else having an issue this worked for me, Thanks ZKA and others for the help, hope I can help the team out!

Zka17
10-26-2012, 01:27 PM
No problem, mate - and welcome onboard! :cool:

RonanC
10-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Welcome to supreme rog m8 :D

KPRage
07-26-2013, 06:40 PM
I should have gone through this thread before joining.. Wow, have learnt a lot!

Thanks to Zolt, x-pack/WP, 8-pack, viz, myk, chino, henk, everyone involved in this thread.. Have been reading up on mem tweaking also. Now need to organize my thoughts and, what all I have learnt and, go in a systematic way..:)

I do have a question on a few things now:

I had ran the 3D Vantage, Fire Strike, Ice storm and, Cloud gate before when I joined the team. I however, did not submit those scores. Now, after reading this thread, went and checked where I fair with those scores and, I saw that I am in the top 50 at least for the CPU/GPU combo!

My question is, can I still submit those scores? Will they still hold valid now! If so, what should I do n order to submit them?

Thanks a lot again guys.. Am now trying to go about benching in a more organized way.. First lesson learnt: "Read A LOT before you OC! :)". Will follow this mantra for now. :)

Fire strike score: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/233722
Cloud gate: http://www.3dmark.com/cg/227455
Ice storm: http://www.3dmark.com/is/251465
3d Vantage: http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4606733 (this is very bad score I know.)

Cheers,
KP

Zka17
07-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Yes, you can submit those results if you haven't done already... I just suggest you to read the submission requirement of each benchmark on HWBOT... - if you saved those results in a compatible format, then just go ahead!

KPRage
07-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Sure.. Will look if I have saved the screenshots of them. Z, can you please give me a pointer on which bench to start off with? I want to take one bench at a time and, get the best score possible with my gear, for that bench.

Thanks,
KP

KPRage
07-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Also, I had used some software to unlock them mem n chip frequency of my GPU. Not able to find that now and, have forgotten what I had used. Again, sorry for the trouble, does anyone know which software should I use to unlock the freqs of my Radeon 5850HD?

Zka17
07-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Perhaps MSI Afterburner will allow you unlocking the voltage... but frequencies are not locked as far as I know...

Doesn't matter which bench you're starting with... as the points are calculated, only the final results will matter...

KPRage
07-26-2013, 07:34 PM
I have MSI Afterburn and, it does not allow the freqs to go beyond the CC limits of 775/1025. This I had manged to unlock using some software.. Oh well, will look into this later..

Can you please explain the line:
as the points are calculated, only the final results will matter... Points are calculated for all bench marks together?

Zka17
07-26-2013, 07:39 PM
You have to decide if you want to use CC or something else...

Here are how the points are calculated for the Enthusiast League:
The Enthusiast league is based on a members best 15 submissions with the most "global" points, and the best 20 submissions with the most "hardware" points cooled by air or water. To verify the cooling, each submission must be accompanied by a picture of the system. Hardware points can be achieved by reaching a very high score in a benchmark for a specific hardware item, like the fastest GTX260 in 3DMark06. Competition points can be gained by joining competitions.

KPRage
07-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks Z.. Yet to read the rules in HWBot.. Will look into them tomorrow. One last question before the lights go off:

How do I disable all the cores except one in the CPU? Meaning, if I want to run the CPU as a single core, how do I do it?

Thanks,
KP

Zka17
07-26-2013, 07:52 PM
BIOS - Advanced tab - CPU settings - Cores - you choose 1

KPRage
07-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Well that should do it for now.. As usual you have been of awesome help Z.. Thanks a lot.. Will trouble you more in the coming weeks.. :)

Cheers,
KP

Zka17
07-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Good luck with benching, my friend! :cool:

Rockford
07-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Additional info..

in the OC league (xtreme oc)

a picture of your system is not required for verification, when you are submitting a score..

yes, good luck KP

KPRage
07-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks Paw.. Wanted to try out the new baddies I got today.. Unfortunately, they were tampered with when they arrived.. No worries, will do this ASA they give a thumbs up for testing the RAM or, a replacement!

meankeys
11-05-2013, 03:29 AM
Hi Guy's

I tried to submit a Quick submission of Pifast to test the waters. Well I think I drowned I get a page error :(. Do they need approval or something?

Tried with chrome and explorer same result. Were is the XTU profile kept? - I also tried manually putting my HW info in.

Zka17
11-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Mkeys, you need to upload pictures of your system in order to get points... - just checking your XTU submissions... I think the XTU profile will be kept on the HWBOT site, but not sure as I never got to try that benchmark yet...

Regarding the PiFast submission, sometimes the site gets buggy and you need to re-upload your submission - let me know if still does not works...

Henkenator68NL
11-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Mkeys, you need to upload pictures of your system in order to get points... - just checking your XTU submissions... I think the XTU profile will be kept on the HWBOT site, but not sure as I never got to try that benchmark yet...

Regarding the PiFast submission, sometimes the site gets buggy and you need to re-upload your submission - let me know if still does not works... addition: add screenshot and pictures ... but if you have pictures that are in large format than it also can happen that the results can't be entered or you get an error. So if that happens resize them to a smaller format, just a little tip (this has caused me some headache since it happened a couple of times to me)

meankeys
11-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Ok Thanks guy's I bet it's my picture size. I will try again tonight. Also I was using the wrong version of XTU I think I have that squared away now.

Rockford
11-05-2013, 06:06 PM
XTU i think is tricky to submit..

HiVizMan
11-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Please be aware that for XTU all that you need to get a score is the first 2 seconds of the benchmark, then you can run the slow mode and not stress your CPU any longer.

meankeys
11-06-2013, 02:24 AM
Slow mode a? any way I just wanted to use the UTX to post my system spec's because I am lazy. :) Hence Meankeys

So ok I managed to post up a few quick submissions to get use to it. Now how do we get points for the team. Do I have to try and top our best score in each benchmark? Hows it work
ty

Menthol
11-06-2013, 11:43 PM
Just bench a submit meankeys, of course getting the highest score is everyone's desire, what I did was submit a bench then try to increase my score to beat whoever is just above me, then the next person over and over, it helps me to have a score to try and beat not the #1 spot just one place at a time

meankeys
11-07-2013, 01:19 AM
Hi Menthol

That's kinda what I had in mind. I just noticed that I was only getting HW points and a rank. So all submissions count twords the team.
Thanks

Rockford
11-07-2013, 03:23 AM
Nice setup you got mean...

Rockford
11-07-2013, 03:24 AM
Please be aware that for XTU all that you need to get a score is the first 2 seconds of the benchmark, then you can run the slow mode and not stress your CPU any longer.

damn, not 5 minutes then?

good to know till next time..

meankeys
11-08-2013, 01:23 AM
Thanks Paw

If you run the benchmark I think its only 2 min. Not sure what Viz means by slow mode?

Rockford
11-08-2013, 01:31 AM
Must be a option/tab for old folks. :cool:

meankeys
11-08-2013, 02:18 AM
Must be a option/tab for old folks. :cool:

lol

oh wait am old I should have that tab hehe