PDA

View Full Version : Asus g75 can't connect to wireless

Kyled12
09-24-2012, 05:55 PM
I can't connect to wireless Internet but im able to connect wired. I tried changing my wireless driver. I'm able to connect to wireless on other devices in my house.

Is my wireless card not working?

dstrakele
09-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Check out this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?23315-wifi-issues-after-reboot&country=&status=.

Kyled12
09-26-2012, 02:59 AM
I already tried changing the wireless drivers. None worked. Any other suggestions. Or anyone know how I can find out if my wireless card was defective?

_
09-26-2012, 05:21 AM
Is it a router issue? Does it connect to other wireless networks or a smartphone hotspot?

Kyled12
09-26-2012, 03:41 PM
I'll try bringing it to my work today and see if I can connect to wireless there. If not, do u think it's
An issue with my wireless card? I need to figure it
Out so I can send it back to staples if I need to

Kyled12
09-27-2012, 01:45 AM
Figured out nothing was wrong with my laptop. I can connect to wireless at my work. Anyone know why I can't connect to my router at my house? It's something to do with my router

scrufy
09-27-2012, 03:35 AM
Probably need a little more info.
What encryption ? WEP,WPA2, What version aes etc...
Is your router dual band?
Are you positive it isn't really connected and just a dns issue.. i e browser doesn't work..
Try ipconfig /all
Firewall settings
Is your router using mac filtering?
Signal Strength
RF interference?

Like I said, need a little more info to help you.

shadowarrowny
09-27-2012, 04:46 AM
Figured out nothing was wrong with my laptop. I can connect to wireless at my work. Anyone know why I can't connect to my router at my house? It's something to do with my router

If all else fails you could always call on your internet service provider. Most ISP's are happy to assist you with setting up your ipconfig settings and such....

-Kevin

Kyled12
09-27-2012, 09:31 PM
The router encryption is wep. The guy at staples told me to change it to wpa2. Would that make it work possibly? Also I have no clue how to change it, and would it do anything to the other laptop and iPad that are connected to the wireless? The guy at staples said they would just have to put the security code in again