PDA

View Full Version : Where to mail receipt for warantty

GOON
09-24-2012, 07:45 PM
I registered my warrantty on the asus's website but could not figure out how to upload my receipt because they wanted it in pdf form and i couldnt figure out how to convert my online receipt from new egg. so i just opted to mail in a written copy and completley forgot about it untill now and i cannot find a mailing adress.
FYI in the US

chrsplmr
09-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Wha? Upload a copy of the receipt in .pdf ?? That's nuts. (honestly i never heard this before .. im shocked, really.especially newegg..da, serial number..they know where it came from)
Registration was all that 'was' necessary. ... is this a change in some policy???

If you registered on vip.asus.com and bought it from newegg .. this is nuts .. how could they 'ever' keep track
of all those ..or any .. hard copies ...

Welcome to ROG Goon .. im confused .. hope someone sheds some light on this for both/all of us..

Seriously .. pdf ?? .. no offense OP .. but all levels of users buy .. could they really expect
a, maybe, 'noob' to know how to convert an online image/in a https to a pdf ??? really ???
to validate your warranty ??? NO WAY.

(if you reg'd it at vip .. i wouldnt sweat this .. and someone will answer.)

That Said.
How does She run .. what are your impressions ??? Dont let the 30day/rma exchange slide
by from newegg ..
Run her through her paces ... make sure she is 100% .. or he .. whichever.. it.
Please .. tell us what you think.c.

Redneck_Randy
09-25-2012, 01:25 AM
Ya Asus has it now they want a copy either by uploading a PDF and mailing it to them. I just Registered mine and uploaded a PDF of my receipt.

I would suggest you call Asus to ask them where to mail the receipt to.

shadowarrowny
09-25-2012, 03:43 AM
Ya Asus has it now they want a copy either by uploading a PDF and mailing it to them.

When did this go into effect? I have recently registered a couple of laptops, and I don't recall seeing anything to that effect. I would not want to have a warranty claim denied due to the fact that I didn't send in the paperwork.

-Kevin

Redneck_Randy
09-25-2012, 06:33 PM
When did this go into effect? I have recently registered a couple of laptops, and I don't recall seeing anything to that effect. I would not want to have a warranty claim denied due to the fact that I didn't send in the paperwork.

-Kevin

Not sure when Asus started this.. I know on my old G60 when I registered it I didn't have to send them a copy of the sales receipt.

GottiBoi55
09-26-2012, 02:16 AM
I didn't have to send a copy of my receipt when registered.
when I started my laptop for the first time a popup appeared on the screen, with the question "Would you like to register online now?"
I registered a total of 3 laptops with Asus over the years and all are were good to go, including the G75 I just registered in July.
they only really need a copy when you make a claim for service.

found this on the warranty site.

Before contacting ASUS:

Back up all your personal data and remove any confidential, proprietary information on the hard drive. ASUS will not be responsible for any loss of your own programs, data or information.
If you received an error message, write it down with the fault description and include it with the product.
Retrieve the following information from your ASUS product: operating system version, BIOS version, and notify if you have made any recent hardware or software changes.
Ensure you have the following information readily available: your ASUS product’s model name, serial number, sales invoice/receipt with date of purchase and warranty card. You will be required to provide proof of purchase before warranty service can be performed.