PDA

View Full Version : Asus G74SX SSD boot time

razielleonhart
09-26-2012, 07:08 AM
well i just upgraded my g74 with a Corsair 120GB Force Series 3 SSD and i added a 1tb seagate 5400rpm. i also added 8 more gb of ram giving me 16gb. Problem i am having is my cold boot time is around 45 secs. i dont know if that is good or bad any help would be great.

zsld0423
09-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Did you use the Asus Restore discs to install windows, or did you use a Windows 7 disc and do a clean install? Or did you just image the old hard drive and put it on the SSD? Also, if you happen to have Windows 7 professional or ultimate on there, are you mapped to any network drives?

razielleonhart
09-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Did you use the Asus Restore discs to install windows, or did you use a Windows 7 disc and do a clean install? Or did you just image the old hard drive and put it on the SSD? Also, if you happen to have Windows 7 professional or ultimate on there, are you mapped to any network drives?

clean install of windows 7 ultimate. no mapped or any network drivers. I never made restore disks or make ghost images as i have always left around 120gb of hard drive just for windows and any programs i need.

zsld0423
09-26-2012, 09:32 PM
clean install of windows 7 ultimate. no mapped or any network drivers. I never made restore disks or make ghost images as i have always left around 120gb of hard drive just for windows and any programs i need.

Alrighty, have you installed any additional programs after doing your clean install? You could check msconfig and see what programs are set to start up with your computer, maybe there's something buggy that's hindering the boot