PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Vulcan Pro Heaset in North America

taderater
09-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Google has failed me. The Vulcan Pro is available in England, bu I can't seem to find it in NA.
A lot of places sell the Vulcan ANC but not the Pro.
Can anyone help.
Thanks

Baron Munchausen
09-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Check out Frys. I know they have had it in stock on a reg basis..thinking about getting a pair today (unless I see some Steelseries).

Update: Hmm been looking online and I might be wrong.. Frys lists it as pro but the pic and what little info seems to be just the ANC version.. again will go to frys and check it out.

Update 2: Well I bought it and it does say Vulcan Pro so I guess that answers that question (and also got the Razer Blackwidow keyboard on sale).

taderater
09-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Hey Baron,
Thanks a bunch.
Cheers

taderater
10-09-2012, 08:43 PM
WTF are you doing? What crap is this? You can either be constructively helpfull or not. You should choose the first one.

rexbinary
10-11-2012, 01:09 PM
I checked the Fry's by me last weekend, and they only had the older Vulcan ANC not the Pro. :(

taderater
10-12-2012, 08:59 PM
ASUS support says it may not be available in NA, only EU.
Weird!

Baron Munchausen
10-16-2012, 02:28 AM
It is odd that even though I have the Vulcan ANC..the box on it said pro.. o'well. Even though I have the Vulcan ANC it is still a awesome headphone (use it quite a bit for Guild Wars 2). Even if you can't get the Pro the 1st Vulcan still rocks.

_
10-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Hi Baron, did it come with the Spitfire USB dongle?

I'll try and check US availability.

_
10-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Apparently the one's at Fry's now are the ANC not PRO.

EDIT: The PRO is not coming to the US sorry, but the Orion is.

rexbinary
10-20-2012, 12:59 AM

Is that the Orion, Orion Pro, or both that is coming to the US? The Orion Pro is supposed to come with the same DSP the Vulcan Pro comes with.

http://www.kitguru.net/channel/computex/lars-goran-nilsson/computex-asus-unveils-one-and-a-half-new-gaming-headsets/

dedaciai
10-20-2012, 10:58 AM

Hey Marshall,

Well, that's a bummer. I was looking forward to getting it (or at least the dongle thingy) for my wife's laptop when she games/listens to music. Since the Vulcan Pro is not coming to the US, when will the Orion Pro come available in the US?

_
10-31-2012, 03:27 AM
Hey Marshall,

Well, that's a bummer. I was looking forward to getting it (or at least the dongle thingy) for my wife's laptop when she games/listens to music. Since the Vulcan Pro is not coming to the US, when will the Orion Pro come available in the US?

Release is November so hopefully in stores within the month. Orion is better for music to be honest as Vulcan is tweaked for gaming.

dedaciai
11-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Release is November so hopefully in stores within the month. Orion is better for music to be honest as Vulcan is tweaked for gaming.

Thanks for the clarification, Marshall. The Orion will probably be a better bet for her anyways since she, god forbid ( and I shutter), watches Dancing with the Stars so she will probably like the more music/movie friendliness of the Orion.

Raja@ASUS
11-02-2012, 11:05 AM
US launch will be after CES. Expect product around Jan 15th.

yixingchen
11-14-2012, 09:40 PM
US launch will be after CES. Expect product around Jan 15th.

Is this true for the GX1000 mouse too?

_
11-15-2012, 02:46 AM
Is this true for the GX1000 mouse too?

GX1000 still TBD afaik. Further announcement should be in December :)

yixingchen
12-05-2012, 09:07 PM
To clarify, is the Vulcan pro not being released in the US at all, or just not currently?

_
12-06-2012, 06:07 AM
To clarify, is the Vulcan pro not being released in the US at all, or just not currently?

No plan yet I understand. Only Orion and Orion Pro.