PDA

View Full Version : Asus G60JX boot logo issue

kalkat579
09-29-2012, 05:59 AM
I have a G60JX i7 processor, 12 gigs of ram, 750gb hdd, nvidia geforce gts360 I bout this computer new and it never came with a recovery partition so I wasnít able to restore it from that so I bought recover disc from asus which was fine I restored and download all appropriate drivers now as far as Iíve seen my computer should have a boot logo such as when u turn it on it should day asus or something of the sort on the screen when I got it, it never had one and now that Iíve restored it still doesnít Iíve enabled fancy start in the bios so I know thatís not the issue so what can I do to get this back any help would be greatly appreciated and if you need screenshots or any other info to help me just let me know also sry if this is in the wrong place please move if needed

Zygomorphic
09-29-2012, 10:08 AM
This belongs in Older G-series notebooks - moved. The BIOS should display the ASUS logo (slanted "ASUS"). Fancy Start makes it appear from left to right, similar to one of the transitions in MS Office.

zsld0423
09-29-2012, 12:55 PM
I'll have to go off of memory here, since I sold my G60JX last year, but have you actually run the FancyStart program in Windows? Just enabling it in the BIOS won't let you change the logo. The program in windows will let you change the logo, and even add sound I believe.

kalkat579
09-29-2012, 01:31 PM
I'll have to go off of memory here, since I sold my G60JX last year, but have you actually run the FancyStart program in Windows? Just enabling it in the BIOS won't let you change the logo. The program in windows will let you change the logo, and even add sound I believe.

i have actually ran the fancy start program multiple times trying to get this to run but with no luck still just get a black screen it boots up just fine just no logo not a huge deal but i would like to be able to customize since i have the option

zsld0423
09-29-2012, 01:37 PM
i have actually ran the fancy start program multiple times trying to get this to run but with no luck still just get a black screen it boots up just fine just no logo not a huge deal but i would like to be able to customize since i have the option

Maybe try right-clicking it and "Run as Administrator"? Idk haha, I've had programs that magically work after doing that even though I'm already an administrator on the computer. Might also see if there's a newer version of FancyStart on Asus's driver website compared to the one that's already on your computer

kalkat579
09-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Maybe try right-clicking it and "Run as Administrator"? Idk haha, I've had programs that magically work after doing that even though I'm already an administrator on the computer. Might also see if there's a newer version of FancyStart on Asus's driver website compared to the one that's already on your computer

ive actually tried that as well the fancy start program runs it self i can change everything just not the boot logo thank you for your input though

zsld0423
09-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Very weird, the only other thing I can think of off the top of my head would be to uninstall FancyStart, and re-install it, but you've probably done that already

kalkat579
09-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Very weird, the only other thing I can think of off the top of my head would be to uninstall FancyStart, and re-install it, but you've probably done that already

sadly yes i have like i said my computer came like this and has had a fresh install of everything more then once even had a killdisc done once which deletes everything on the hdd so all it had is an id number (was happening before that so that's not the problem) i guess nobody has had this issue and i can never get a hold of asus which probably wouldn't help anyways cuz as long as the comp works its no an issue to them

kalkat579
09-29-2012, 04:16 PM
This belongs in Older G-series notebooks - moved. The BIOS should display the ASUS logo (slanted "ASUS"). Fancy Start makes it appear from left to right, similar to one of the transitions in MS Office.

do you have any idea why it would not show up at all i just get a black screen till it say starting windows