PDA

View Full Version : Asus G55 stolen

knight91
09-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Hello, I'm from Malaysia and I'm still a student. I've bought an Asus G55VW laptop at May. But today when I came home my room was broke in and my laptop was stolen and some of my cash saving too. I've done my police report but is there anyway that Asus can trace where my laptop is at? I still have the box and my receipt with me.

Woots
09-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Ouch sorry to hear that knight :(

I don't know much about internal indentification unique to each ASUS laptop (other than the intel CPU internal chip ID), but I would have to imagine that you would need to have recorded that info in advanvce to cross referance it once your laptop is collected again...which is no help tracking down.

These laptops are not like high end smart phones with GPS tracking (unless you embedded a anti theft GPS tracker in it in advance.)

Also, if you didn't set up some kind of "phone home" backdoor app on your laptop where you can remote it online that will not be an option either.

I hope you had insurance, although being a student I know those kind of expenses are low priority. Keep you head up knight something will get sorted out for you. Maybe someone else here will have some hidden advice you need.

Best of luck to you.

rewben
09-30-2012, 02:10 PM
this sucks :/

knight91
09-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Bad luck to me I guess. Thx for the advice though. Will try to more carefull in the future.

chrsplmr
09-30-2012, 02:27 PM
knight91 ... Welcome to ROG.

Sorry to hear this .. bastages.
.. did you register it ?

When you entered your room .. what was the scene?
'ransacked'? tore your place up??
or did they know where your 'cash' was ? they knew you?

If funds are available .. id set up a 'spy' cam .. and start telling
everybody you know that Asus sent you a brand new one ..
of the brand new model ... and it is 10 times better than the last ..
and worth much more ..
rats cant help sniffing the same hole ..

the stats on the chances of this being a random act ... not so good.
anyone from your 'circle' avoiding you ? or sweaty, pasty white, nervous around you ?
anyone from your 'circle' recently have or do what they could not before ?

knights are the original police .. they could smell thieves and liars.
Start sniff'n.c.

knight91
09-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Yea I did register it the day I got it. But I forget which email I use as it was quite long ago. =\

chrsplmr
09-30-2012, 02:43 PM
registered @ vip.asus.com ? lets hope 'they' make a mistake... and have a pocket full of cash when you catch them.c.

knight91
09-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Yea. Thats the website I registered when I 1st get my laptop. But I forget which email I use due to the excitement I have on that day. I probably will try and get another Asus G55 as there is nothing I can do but curse the thief to burn in hell.

chrsplmr
09-30-2012, 03:09 PM
You have the box .. you have the serial number .. seems easy enough for 'someone' to look up the
registered owner ..
I could be mistaken .. but i am under the impression that your registry here works also on vip.
when you set a post .. do you see the vip logo on the left ??

ngek202
09-30-2012, 03:10 PM
If you we're using a google account synced to google chrome I think you can still Login your account on Vip Asus by checking on the History., just Sync it on another Computer.

Sorry for your loss.