PDA

View Full Version : Password on Bios Asus G75VW what can I do to reset it?

medusa
10-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Hi everyone!
I heard about some masterkey. But before they generate it, they must have a bios date. Some say it can be seen when you press on ESC button and power button together, I tryed many times, nothing happend. or if you type three wrong passwords it would come after that, nothing happend there too. So I am here to ask who had the same problem or know how to help me. Any ideas?

Regards Mary

Ibz
10-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Take it to the service center and NEVER put a BIOS password again!

dstrakele
10-01-2012, 11:38 AM
The BIOS password doesn't register uppercase or special characters. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?19706-HDD-BIOS-Security-Password-Question&highlight=Bios+password.

chrsplmr
10-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Mary (medusa) .. Welcome to ROG.

What is the Serial Number of this unit and where are you located (usa?) ?
The answer depends on the SN.c.

TSC-Ops
10-01-2012, 03:08 PM
dont buy stolen merchandise

bignazpwns
10-01-2012, 04:18 PM
There is more then one way to get past the bio's password. However i'm not going to post them due to the fact i do not know if you are the legal owner of the system. The master password is pretty easy to find but i would advise you send it into Asus so they can do it. Also best buy can do this a los but you will need to provide proof that you legally own the laptop ie "Original receipt."

medusa
10-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Hi!

I would like to solve this problem as quickly as possible, with no damages. If you will help me I will pay you 50$ to your paypal account.

Regards Mary:rolleyes:

medusa
10-03-2012, 08:53 AM
up help someone?

medusa
10-03-2012, 11:32 AM
I finally did it my self. If you have a question about it, just ask. I would like to help!
To all you that thought that it was stolen, well it was!:cool:
They have warranty for stolen things, you know?
But I bought it anyway, cause it is a great computer!

_
10-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Banned on account of stolen goods.

IP: <removed>

chrsplmr
10-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Banned on account of stolen goods.

IP: 83.191.230.167 (Sweden).
M+.Salute.c.

Redneck_Randy
10-03-2012, 04:05 PM
I would send his/her ISP that they are touting about a stolen laptop on this forum.

pcspartan
10-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Hi everyone!
I heard about some masterkey. But before they generate it, they must have a bios date. Some say it can be seen when you press on ESC button and power button together, I tryed many times, nothing happend. or if you type three wrong passwords it would come after that, nothing happend there too. So I am here to ask who had the same problem or know how to help me. Any ideas?

Regards Mary

Alright, I had a password that contain upper case, lower case, numbers, and special characters that for some reason was able to be set in the system during administrator password install. For months I couldn't get into bios. Well now I figured it out.

Example password: E@tM3N0w
Solution password: etm3n0w

Type your password as you remember it (normal characters, numbers, and special characters) and hold the shift key as if you are entering the special characters as normal (doesn't enter value) and instead of holding shift key or hitting CAPS lock to make upper case just leave all lower case for normal characters. In short, everything is lower case, numbered and you "tried to add special characters".

So long as you remember you password exactly as you typed it and do as I said above then you're guaranteed to fix the problem. If anyone doubts me then try this for yourself (i.e. use the example password if you'd like)!

Sincerely,
PCSpartan

mmetins
11-24-2014, 01:09 PM
I have asus g75vw and I updated the bios to the latest version. Now it doesn`t accept my bios password. I can not do anything. C<n u help me, please.

Clintlgm
11-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Try it with out any password it your set your BIOS to Defaults before updating there should be no passwords

mmetins
11-24-2014, 01:41 PM
I have asus g75vw and I updated the bios to the latest version. Now it doesn`t accept my bios password. I can not do anything. Can u help me, please.

mmetins
11-24-2014, 02:07 PM
Try it with out any password it your set your BIOS to Defaults before updating there should be no passwords

But so anything can I do now ?

Clintlgm
11-25-2014, 02:44 PM
This new board would let me link a particular reply to this tread look down the replies to find.
See@ pcspartan reply below if this doesn't solve your problem. Your have to use the Ctlr +Home boot to install the original BIOS that is stored on the Root of your C: drive. If you have upgraded to Win 8 or clean installed this won't work either as you need to have that BIOS file on the Root of your C:\ Hard drive.