PDA

View Full Version : Atheros AR9485 WLAN Driver v10.0.0.75 WHQL

CuriouS
10-02-2012, 12:32 PM
This new wlan driver has been available for a few days and since the ASUS G75VW Clean Install Guide hasn't been updated, I decided to post it here. I have no idea about the changes, so it would be nice if someone posted a changelog.

Enjoy: http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=23&v_code=35653&v_langue=en

Forgottenbhs
10-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Weird, it says it's WHQL but in the drivers page it also states that it is a "non official" release.

Ibz
10-02-2012, 02:43 PM
I tried installing it and it doesn't work! This driver is not for our WAN chipset!!!!!!

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems that trying to manually install it via device manager doesnt work but if you use the setup installer it works fine

CuriouS
10-02-2012, 02:49 PM
I tried installing it and it doesn't work! This driver is not for our WAN chipset!!!!!!

That's strange. I'm currently with it and it works perfectly on my G75VW.

Ibz
10-02-2012, 03:58 PM
That's strange. I'm currently with it and it works perfectly on my G75VW.

did you read what i typed in the Edit? I said it worked after using the setup installer rather than pdating them manually via device manager

CuriouS
10-02-2012, 04:40 PM
did you read what i typed in the Edit? I said it worked after using the setup installer rather than pdating them manually via device manager

It seems I posted my post at the same time as you edited yours. ;)

JBM
10-03-2012, 05:24 AM
Hi,

Tried installing this with the installer but it doesn't work and killed my wireless connection. Had to do a recovery to get it working again. Should you uninstall the previous version first? whats the best way to do that? device manager uninstall, reboot then install the new version? Also i remember having trouble installing the previous version as well , should i use a driver cleaner program and if so whats a good one to use?

Thanks for the help

Myk SilentShadow
10-03-2012, 05:56 AM
Hi,

Tried installing this with the installer but it doesn't work and killed my wireless connection. Had to do a recovery to get it working again. Should you uninstall the previous version first? whats the best way to do that? device manager uninstall, reboot then install the new version? Also i remember having trouble installing the previous version as well , should i use a driver cleaner program and if so whats a good one to use?

Thanks for the help

From boot up ---> F8 ---> Safe Mode ---> Device Manager ---> Uninstall ---> Reboot ---> Normal Boot ---> Install New Version