PDA

View Full Version : is there truly no way to use firewire on this laptop?

griggory
10-03-2012, 10:15 PM
the point of buying this laptop was to make music with it. but i have discovered that USB audio interfaces have terrible sound quality and i can not use my firewire interface with it. some people have said there is no way to get firewire working with this laptop? is it true? thanks

PS the laptop is g75vw rs72-ca

Myk SilentShadow
10-03-2012, 11:44 PM
if there's no Firewire port on it, then unfortunately you're SOOL...pity there isn't something in it that you could pull out and put in a FireWire card.

griggory
10-03-2012, 11:59 PM
youd think they would have come up with something like a firewire / usb converter at this point . .

Myk SilentShadow
10-04-2012, 12:06 AM
youd think they would have come up with something like a firewire / usb converter at this point . .

wouldn't that completely defeat the purpose of why you need FireWire in the first place?

Brings back memories of the mid - late 90's where you could swap out cards i.e Modem Card etc to use what you needed/wanted in the laptop.

_
10-04-2012, 01:26 AM
the point of buying this laptop was to make music with it. but i have discovered that USB audio interfaces have terrible sound quality and i can not use my firewire interface with it. some people have said there is no way to get firewire working with this laptop? is it true? thanks

PS the laptop is g75vw rs72-ca

Sound quality should have nothing to do with a digital interface, as it depends on how it's processed the other side. Sound latency is another thing entirely, which can be affected more by USB than FW and why professional audio used FW.

griggory
10-04-2012, 02:28 AM
well i dont know why its like that but it is . i use the same headphones on my m audio profire as i am with my focusrite 2i2 and there is a noticeable difference in the audio quality. its like going from flacs to 96 kbps mp3s. i have used other usb interfaces as well and they all have the same problem.