View Full Version : Asus G53sx - graphic card / display issue

samine
10-04-2012, 11:16 AM
well here is the issue:
computer : Asus g53sx
The video card is an nvdia gtx 560M 2GB
Dislay 1920x1024 (FHD)
i use windows 7 64-bit

the problem is.. the notebook keeps displaying in 800x600 to 1280x1024 and i can't find my Graphic card not even in the device manager. i tried to install the driver (it doesn't work), when i try to install the driver from the it fails, saying there are no compatible graphic card found...

any experience with this? any sugentions? any guess?

thank you

PlaneName
10-04-2012, 11:31 PM
When did this issue began?

It should find the GPU automatically on windows screen (on the windows task-bar). Try going into device manager and scan for hardware changes, it should able to install the GPU adapter.

This is the drivers for your OS:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-306.23-whql-driver.html

Well we can't install drivers yet, until it's on device manager. Try going into safemode and see if you can see the adapter on device manager.

Zygomorphic
10-05-2012, 01:27 AM
800x600 to 1280x1024 are standard VESA modes that Windows can drive directly. It is odd that the card does not appear in device manager and yet stuff is being displayed. My bet is on a bad driver installation/removal. If there were hardware problems, Windows wouldn't be able to drive the screen at any resolution.

samine
10-05-2012, 07:28 AM
it is really strange case ... even in safe mode the GC doesn't appear in device manager, and the fan of the gpu is at 100% all time :( ....

samine
10-05-2012, 07:31 AM
i even restored the system to origin ... but nothing change

PlaneName
10-05-2012, 07:50 AM
i even restored the system to origin ... but nothing change

When did the problem start? it is strange, that is not showing any adapters.

Is there anything on the device manager with a yellow explanation mark?.
If you just bought the laptop, try to replace it.

kkn
10-05-2012, 08:12 AM
try and post in the notebook section, if you have not tried that.

Zygomorphic
10-05-2012, 10:20 AM
try and post in the notebook section, if you have not tried that.

Moved - if you created another thread, I'll merge it, just let me know! :)

dstrakele
10-05-2012, 01:10 PM
... i tried to install the driver (it doesn't work), when i try to install the driver from the it fails, saying there are no compatible graphic card found...

This error is displayed when you attempt to install the Desktop version of the NVIDIA driver to a laptop. You need the Mobile version of the NVIDIA driver.

PILGRIM
10-05-2012, 02:57 PM
the problem is.. the notebook keeps displaying in 800x600 to 1280x1024 and i can't find my Graphic card not even in the device manager. i tried to install the driver (it doesn't work), when i try to install the driver from the it fails, saying there are no compatible graphic card found...

Have you just bought your G53, or have you just done a fresh Windows OS install?
From your description, it also seem to me like your G53 doesn't have any nVidia driver installed.
As what the others have suggested, install the appropriate notebook driver.
For the latest notebook driver (306.23 WHQL), follow the link given by PlaneName in post #2.

samine
10-05-2012, 03:49 PM
thank u all ... i think resolve it but still don't know the cause ... actually i used a software HWiFO64 that showed me GC but with 14MBytes i retried several time the e-driver until it goes ahead and installed (i tried 3/4 times with the notebook nvidia driver for the gtx560m and 4 times with e-driver) ...
But still one big problem the gpu fan works at 100% all time , and it make a loud noise .... why ??

dstrakele
10-05-2012, 04:42 PM
But still one big problem the gpu fan works at 100% all time , and it make a loud noise .... why ??

It's hard to comment without CPU/GPU temperatures and fan speed RPM values. The problem can be difficult to troubleshoot even when these values are reported. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?18310-Fans-constantly-on-max&.

samine
10-05-2012, 05:40 PM
The temperature of the cpu and gpu do not exceed 50C but the fans are running all time 100 %
cpu 42C - Gpu 37C

samine
10-05-2012, 06:27 PM
sensor status https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2uvU2u7uHMKcWZ0QkQ4N1ZfTWM/edit

Zygomorphic
10-06-2012, 12:38 AM
@samine, that is good, it means the cooling system is working well and your system will last longer.

dstrakele
10-06-2012, 03:23 AM
I don't believe HWINFO64's GPU Fan Sensor under the GPU Clock Sensors is accurate. I think it ALWAYS displays "100%" regardless of fan speed.

The GPU Fan Speed it displays in RPM for the EC Sensor is accurate, but I'm unsure if G53 laptops can display it in the Sensor dialog.

Alternatively, SpeedFan can display CPU Fan speed in RPM.

samine
10-06-2012, 12:34 PM
@samine, that is good, it means the cooling system is working well and your system will last longer.
it's good when the temperature reach 70 C or 80 C ... but when the temperature is under 45 C it is strange , the fans are working constantly on max speed and make too much noise from the boot and keep running at the same speed whatever the temperature is !!! that isn't normal or good at all !!!

samine
10-06-2012, 12:38 PM
I don't believe HWINFO64's GPU Fan Sensor under the GPU Clock Sensors is accurate. I think it ALWAYS displays "100%" regardless of fan speed.

The GPU Fan Speed it displays in RPM for the EC Sensor is accurate, but I'm unsure if G53 laptops can display it in the Sensor dialog.

Alternatively, SpeedFan can display CPU Fan speed in RPM.

i tested it with HWINFO64, speedfan and pc wizard and no one display it in RPM ... but as i said previously the fans are running at speed (may be 100%) that make an infernal noise ... from the boot and keep running with same speed (and the loud noise) whatever the cpu and gpu temperature are !!!

samine
10-06-2012, 11:25 PM
1- "fans noise" i think i found the solution ... i just went to "msconfig" "advanced boot" change cpu boot from automatic to 4 core boot ... and the noise disappear ... magic
i still testing the rpm now normal 2600 rpm
2- the first problem just a driver problem , asus live update installed the right one (new version from nvidia) but i think the problem is from nvidia coz e-driver did the job :D

i share the solutions that worked for me and after 1 month i will confirm , just for sharing experience ;p