PDA

View Full Version : Need help fixing lag issue for GTA IV

Danxity
10-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi. I just bought a G73SW and I really want to run GTA IV EFLC smoothy on this new laptop and it's very laggy. The people from GTA IV forums say my specs are good enough for the game. I have tried to find the issue to my problem and people on this forum say it's a Throttling issue, and suggested to download a software called Trrottlestop. I have done that and ran the program and it made absolutely no difference at all.

evga
10-04-2012, 04:28 PM
change the mode to gaming in trottle stop.
hope that fixes.
or just try pressing rog turbo boost.

Danxity
10-04-2012, 05:44 PM
change the mode to gaming in trottle stop.
hope that fixes.
or just try pressing rog turbo boost.

Throttlestop has 4 options.

1. Performance, 2. Game, 3. Internet, 4. Battery.

I thought 1 is the fastest counting down to 4.

The ROG Turbo Boost button does not work for me if your talking about the high rev icon on my laptop keyboard. I'm assuming that's what your trying to tell me. The other 2 button beside it works. I updated my keyboard drivers and that button does not work.

kimiraikkonen
10-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Hi. I just bought a G73SW and I really want to run GTA IV EFLC smoothy on this new laptop and it's very laggy. The people from GTA IV forums say my specs are good enough for the game. I have tried to find the issue to my problem and people on this forum say it's a Throttling issue, and suggested to download a software called Trrottlestop. I have done that and ran the program and it made absolutely no difference at all.

What fps are you getting?

evga
10-05-2012, 03:35 AM
yes select game mode .
no they are not arranged according to that .

unclewebb
10-05-2012, 08:05 PM
ThrottleStop will do absolutely nothing unless you know how to set it up. The 4 different profiles are all the same unless you change them.

ThrottleStop can solve a lot of throttling problems but you better do some Google searching if you don't know how to use it.

Matt Horvath
10-06-2012, 01:47 PM
you may try lowering the shadow details also... it worked for me here

Danxity
10-22-2012, 01:37 AM
I'm still lagging really bad here. Could someone please help me with this issue. I tried installing GTA IV 2008, and I'm still experience extreme lag. I don't know much about computers, but how can a 4 year game lag on a G73SW? I played this game 3 years ago on a 5 year old desktop and it runs just fine.

IxPanda
10-22-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm still lagging really bad here. Could someone please help me with this issue. I tried installing GTA IV 2008, and I'm still experience extreme lag. I don't know much about computers, but how can a 4 year game lag on a G73SW? I played this game 3 years ago on a 5 year old desktop and it runs just fine.

It should run it fine, but you do have to consider it is a laptop compared to a desktop :)

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0JdRUHHn0UM#!

Is that what's happening to you?

I know this sounds silly but I just want to rule out everything. You're making sure that in throttlestop, you're turning it on (So that the button in the bottom right corner actually says "turn off") right? :)

Danxity
10-22-2012, 08:26 PM
It should run it fine, but you do have to consider it is a laptop compared to a desktop :)

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0JdRUHHn0UM#!

Is that what's happening to you?

I know this sounds silly but I just want to rule out everything. You're making sure that in throttlestop, you're turning it on (So that the button in the bottom right corner actually says "turn off") right? :)

Yep. I have checked several times. The icon on the desktop tray will light up red if it is turned on. If it's turned off the icon will light up green. So my G73SW cannot run GTA IV at medium or high without lag? The game is not playable on medium or high setting. I'm getting huge lag spikes. Their not minor lags either. It was like I'm back 10 years ago when I use to have a Pentium 3 running Counter-Strike with not enough ram and cause the game to freeze every few seconds. In my situation right now. I'm freezing and frames are lagging every second of the game.

Danxity
10-22-2012, 08:43 PM
When I bought my laptop. I don't know why they setup 4 partitions for me, but I didn't bother to reformat and just make it 2. Could this be the reason why I'm experience huge lag? Also I'm running the game off a partition E: Drive not where my Windows 7 installed, because my C: Drive where my OS is installed is running out of space. Asus only setup C: Drive to have 116GB and Windows already took up like 30-40GB.

I can't even reformat at the moment yet even if I want to. Both the reformat CDs Asus provided me in broken. The CD is bent a little. The surface is not flat and the CD drive cannot read the CDs. I tried to put like 20lb of books on top for a week to flatten out the CD again and it didn't work. The CD still a bit bended.

LOL. This brought me off topic to my Asus reformat problem. Does anyone know if Asus will send me a new one? I bought my laptop off the web, and I think I might still have my receipt some where. I don't know if I still have it, but I have to go find in some where in my house.

Matt Horvath
10-23-2012, 01:41 AM
Have you tried lowering the shadow quality in the game? It might not solve the problem but it will help a little.

Danxity
10-24-2012, 06:49 AM
Have you tried lowering the shadow quality in the game? It might not solve the problem but it will help a little.

This notebook is really bad for GTA IV. Doesn't matter what I lower. The game just lags. It's no fun if I have to have every thing on low, and run on 800x600 resolution. I rather just not play. I just I have no hope to run GTA V on this notebook when it comes out. :(

I got to play Sleeping Dogs on high settings no lag at all. Some what close to GTA IV but no where close. I really wanted to play GTA IV >_< !!!!!