PDA

View Full Version : Asus G53sx - Fans making loud noise

samine
10-06-2012, 12:42 PM
The temperature of the cpu and gpu do not exceed 50C but the fans are running all time at max speed 100 %
cpu 42C - Gpu 37C
it's good when the temperature reach 70 C or 80 C ... but when the temperature is under 45 C it is strange , the fans are working constantly on max speed and make too much noise from the boot and keep running at the same speed whatever the cpu and gpu temperature are !!! !!! that isn't normal or good at all !!!
i tested it with HWINFO64, speedfan and pc wizard and no one display it in RPM ... but display fans running at 100%

dstrakele
10-06-2012, 01:12 PM
If the fans are making a loud noise at idle temperatures, it may be a bad bearing, requiring a repair.

samine
10-06-2012, 10:23 PM
so what should i do ... return it to reseller ?

samine
10-06-2012, 11:22 PM
If the fans are making a loud noise at idle temperatures, it may be a bad bearing, requiring a repair.

i think i found the solution ... i just went to "msconfig" "advanced boot" change cpu boot from automatic to 4 core boot ... and the noise disappear ... magic
i still testing the rpm now normal 2600 rpm

dstrakele
10-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Wow! That does sound like magic. Was this change also responsible for allowing SpeedFan to report fan speeds in RPM?

Had you previously made any changes to the MSCONFIG Advanced Boot options prior to the fan noise problem?

samine
10-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Wow! That does sound like magic. Was this change also responsible for allowing SpeedFan to report fan speeds in RPM?

Had you previously made any changes to the MSCONFIG Advanced Boot options prior to the fan noise problem?

no ... i have a clean restore, i never change defaults presets !!! but i think the problem is relied to the default windows boot with one core !!!

samine
10-07-2012, 12:10 AM
and i am still testing ... i will post if something change or confirm :)

kimiraikkonen
10-11-2012, 05:05 PM
I hear some noise after cold boot which seems normal. As long as the temps are fine and the fans are rotating on-demand, it should be OK.