PDA

View Full Version : G75 Windows 7 Performance Index

voodoo man
10-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi guys

my little son messed up my g75 windows files so i had to format the pc and reinstall windows 7 ultimate (frech copy) the problem is my windows 7 use to read 7.9 HDD Performance Index now it's 5.9
HDD seagate 750 GB 7200 rpm

how to fix that issue or how to bring my HDD to SSH again.

Thank you.

mrwolf
10-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Hmm.. When i had my old HDD in my g75 it used to read the same man. 5.9

Also i had a 1TB 7200rpm and it read 5.9

Now with the SSD it is 7.9 so i think ur notebook is fine. Also Windows performance index is very very unreliable and in accurate so dont be too concerned bout that :) Enjoy the machine

bignazpwns
10-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Unless your running a SSD you will never hit 7.9 with a drive unless you cheat the results what if you had a 7,200 rpm drive at 7.9 you changed the results "easy to do"

I score 7.9 with 2 SATAIII SSD's raided in raid0 and im over 1gbs read and writes with over 2.5gbs burst

voodoo man
10-06-2012, 04:45 PM
i think it was a solid state hybrid technology (HDD)when i got it im sure it was 7.9

Ibz
10-06-2012, 05:37 PM
I get 7.9 with my SSD and 5.9 with an HDD

that's how it is on most laptops

you will never hit more than 5.9 on a crappy HDD

pROGammer
10-06-2012, 05:54 PM
A non-pure SSD will get a maximum of 5,9 on Windows 7 because they test random I/O rates.
Hybrids are great, because they cache the most used files (Operating system, programs) on SSD, but the benchmarks attempt to measure truly random access, so the SSD cache doesn't kick in and the files are served from the (slower) rotating plates and hence the score.

I installed a OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB. (http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-vertex-4-sata-iii-2-5-ssd.html#specifications) in my G75.
On Windows 7 it scored 7,9 out of 7,9.
On Windows 8 it scored 8,1 out of 9,9.
The built-in disk, Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid drive (http://www.seagate.com/internal-hard-drives/laptop-hard-drives/momentus-xt-hybrid/), scored 5,9 on Windows 7. This basically means 'as fast, or faster than the best non-SSD'.

What you are seeing now is normal.

Now, to offer a possible explanation of the 7,9 on non-pure-SSD you saw earlier - a dishonest retailer edited the Windows Performance Index. It's quit easy - the results are stored in a text file on the computer.

Anyway, enjoy this great machine and if you really need a speed boost, consider a SATA III SSD (usually the bigger ones are also much faster - check out the Vertex 4 link above. Note: the speeds listed are real when the drive is less then 50% full).

The new levels, 6 and 7, were added to recognize the improved experiences one might have with newer hardware, particularly SSDs, graphics adapters, and multi-core processors. With respect to SSDs, the focus of the newer tests is on random I/O rates and their avoidance of the long latency issues noted above. As a note, the tests don’t specifically check to see if the underlying storage device is an SSD or not. We run them no matter the device type and any device capable of sustaining very high random I/O rates will score well.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/archive/2009/01/19/engineering-the-windows-7-windows-experience-index.aspx

voodoo man
10-06-2012, 07:54 PM
okthx for the help guys