PDA

View Full Version : VIA Audio Driver v6.0.01.10900a

Ibz
10-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Just Released today

Download (http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/via/audio/VIA_HD_Audio_10900a-allos(www.station-drivers.com).exe)

ggBanks
10-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Is this official ??? My ASUS live update did not find it!

Ibz
10-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Is this official ??? My ASUS live update did not find it!

ASUS drivers are ancient dude, these are the latest from VIA

ggBanks
10-06-2012, 04:28 PM
I have to thoroughly investigate this!!! I'll be back :D in like 20 min so I have time to test everything.

OK I am back with no satisfaction whatsoever!!!

This release does not fix the sub woofer volume control. It still cannot be regulated using the windows sound control nor with the hot keys.

And the issue with music playing through speakers and audio jack is still there! What I am actually thinking is that they do not update **** in this audio system! All they do is just changing the numbers of the versions for fun.

Actually the previous drivers I was using, that were v6.0.01.10400 did not have the sub woofer volume issue. The only issue that they had was the playing on speakers and audio jack at the same time.
I am happily reverting to the older version!!!

Clintlgm
10-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Installed, no changes that I can hear or see. I still don't have a right speakers. I do have the Bass speaker working with the headset plugged in. I guess I'll roll back As I didn't have that with the 800 drivers.

Clintlgm
10-07-2012, 01:15 AM
I rolled back to the 800 drivers bass speaker is silent again with my head set plugged in.

Woots
10-07-2012, 05:05 AM
So what is the concensus on this iteration... yay or nay? I currently no longer have the subwoofer issue on my G75 so I guess I should leave it be?

WontonNoodle
10-07-2012, 05:09 AM
what drivers are you using right now?

Clintlgm
10-07-2012, 05:28 AM
I personal haven't seen much difference from the 500 through 800 series drivers, the 900 gave me the Bass speaker playing with head phone plugged in. Just my computer so far. I rolled back to the 800. If you uninstall reboot and then reinstall there should be no harm to your system. If they work for you go for it, otherwise go back to where you worked good. I think most are sticking with the 500 drivers. I don't think anyone is really satisfied with this sound system. 500 through 800 should stop the LFE or Bass speaker from playing with external speakers or head set plugged in. Check out c_man's settings, he walks you through the settings with pictures after going through that you'll understand how everything works. There are some other setting posted they all help to make the sound better. For me I'm just using external speakers or headset that's mostly how I use sound anyway.

Nyorker
10-07-2012, 07:09 AM
My g75bbk is 6 weeks old and have no problems. My headphones turn off the speakers all the time. I am using stock drivers never updated anything but the recovery program to backup the laptop to DVD if I ever have to reinstall. One time the speakers were on with the headphone in and I just unplugged the headphone and plugged back in and the speakers went off. Maybe it depends on what kind of headphones u have? I use the razor ones.

ggBanks
10-07-2012, 08:09 AM
It is not dependent on what type of headphones you use! Whenever some kind of device is plugged in the green jack (speakers or headphones), and if you don't use them for some time lets say 10 min. the sound card goes into power saving mode. The problem is that when you start playing the music it has to resume from power saving into normal mode and start working again, but what it does is when it resumes from the power saver state it starts playing on all devices available for it, and that's how it happens that it starts playing music through both headphones and speakers. What they have to do to fix it, is when the sound card wakes up from power saving first to check if there is something plugged in the jack and then decide from where to start playing the sound.

bryansj
10-07-2012, 12:45 PM
These drivers linked are the 900 not the 900a. Yesterday the link on the station-drivers website was incorrect and the 900a pointed to the same link as the 900, same as the link in the OP. Today the website has the correct link.

http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/via/audio/VIA_HD_Audio_10900a-allos(www.station-drivers.com).exe

Not sure if they work any better or not...

Edit: The file is currently incomplete and is only ~45MB.

Clintlgm
10-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Pretty sure I installed the 900 and they didn't work for me? I had downloaded the first ones that were listed as 900a, but the actual download was 900 I think, anyway i over wrote them with the OP link yesterday.

Nyorker
10-07-2012, 03:15 PM
All I know is my computer has been working fine from sleep mode to playing games. I haven t rebooted my laptop in days. I just close the lid and it sleeps I assume it uses power but when I open lid I just put in windows password and play games and no problems with headphones. I do not set it to hibernate at all due to everyone saying their is problems. The only issue I have is the lid somehow taps the caps key so everytime I open the kid the caps key is on lol. I don't know how, but anyway I just hit caps to enter the windows password.

Ibz
10-08-2012, 12:37 AM
the download link now is fixed. it downloads the full installer

AzraelsKiss
10-08-2012, 04:51 AM
The 900a drivers seem to be working pretty good on my system. The subwoofer speaker seems to be scaling fairly well with the volume controls and is giving good sound. I'm sure there's still some higher frequencies coming through the subwoofer, but it sounds well enough for me. Haven't tested plugging in a wired set of headphones, because I normally use bluetooth headphones, so maybe someone else will be able to comment on that.