PDA

View Full Version : Please help me quickly with my freeze

TheAsusPunisher
10-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Hi. My asus g73 jh is having a bad problem: on start it freezes in a few seconds. I think this is caused by the audio card because if i enter the bios and i lock hd audio by enterig in i/o interface security the pc goes fine. Please help me i can t use this pc without audio. My recovery images are too old or too recent.

dstrakele
10-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Can you boot into Windows Safe Mode, then uninstall the audio driver and any 3rd party audio add-on programs (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2576-G73JH-random-freezes-GSOD-VSOD-BSOD-AND-has-been-through-an-RMA.&p=16746&viewfull=1#post163069 indicates the Creative SoundBlaster Audigy HD program may cause problems) from Control Panel? Then reboot to allow Windows 7 to install its Plug-N-Play audio driver?

If that eliminates the lockup, then install the latest audio driver from Windows Safe Mode.

TheAsusPunisher
10-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Oh thank you man I have just unistalled sound blaster and now it s all right!! (Quick and right answer, this forum is awesome)

dstrakele
10-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Now go in peace and no longer punish your ASUS...

PILGRIM
10-08-2012, 04:37 AM
Oh thank you man I have just unistalled sound blaster and now it s all right!! (Quick and right answer, this forum is awesome)

Now go in peace and no longer punish your ASUS...

LOL!

Moderators, how many times do we need to pass the sugar to others before we can give
to the same person multiple times? I want to sweeten dstrakele's coffee more.. But..
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dstrakele again."