PDA

View Full Version : Information

spartanx
10-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Hello everyone I wanted to ask a question I wanted to ask about these asus G series you can change the video card in the future of the notebook, for example, the GTX one hour to the next model and another thing we know something about the external video card that is MSI GUS II?

bignazpwns
10-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Yea you can use MSI GUS II? soon as they release a G75 with thunderbolt. As for upgrading the graphic card its expensive had to do and voids your warranty and are limited to only the graphic cards made for the G55 and G75 since asus loves to use their own pinn out in a MXM form factor.

dotvezz
10-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Because Asus uses a modified version of MXM, it's very difficult (or impossible) and expensive to find a new card that will fit later on.

SUKARA@ASUS
10-09-2012, 02:40 AM
We recommend that you also to ask MSI vendor, whether verification tests for this Notebook?

bignazpwns
10-09-2012, 06:28 AM
We recommend that you also to ask MSI vendor, whether verification tests for this Notebook?

How can you test somthing on the G&5 when it has no thunderbolt? When they add thunderbolt to it it will work. I used a few non asus thunderbolt egpu's on my deskop and they work great. I even did some modding and got a EGPU working on the G75 however that requires some serious modding to the mpcie slot and you lose your wifi.

But if you wanna use a egpu then you need to wait for the version with thunderbolt to come out unless you feel like doing some modding.