PDA

View Full Version : Laptop with mechnical keys, make it so!

sevron
10-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Hope this is the right section, but omg I'd love to have a mechnical keyboard on my laptop. Any way it'd be possible in the future models to include mechnical keys?

bignazpwns
10-07-2012, 06:12 PM
You know how thick that would be? Stack 2 G75's on top of either other.

dotvezz
10-08-2012, 07:08 AM
This is kind of taboo, but MSI's G60 and G70 series of laptops is thinner than ASUS's G55 and G75, and has mechanical keys.

But GOOD LORD they get hot. The reason I'm with ASUS is for the cooling. Those MSI and Sager gaming laptops get so insanely hot. Trust me, I've had a few of them, and the G60 and G70 are just as bad as anything. Although they're really light and powerful.

EDIT: Oh, and the screens on MSI laptops can't compare to ASUS panels.

SUKARA@ASUS
10-08-2012, 07:43 AM
We do not recommend the replacement of the mechanical keyboard module
Recommend that you use through the USB interface.

Zygomorphic
10-08-2012, 10:16 AM
I doubt it...:( I would love to see the internal ASUS keyboard use little springs in lieu of the rubber caps/whatever they use presently. I have used those old keyboards from the 80s, and if you don't mind the chika-chika-chika noise that they make (then again, my laptop keyboard clicks too), they are unbeatable.

bignazpwns
10-08-2012, 05:58 PM
This is kind of taboo, but MSI's G60 and G70 series of laptops is thinner than ASUS's G55 and G75, and has mechanical keys.

But GOOD LORD they get hot. The reason I'm with ASUS is for the cooling. Those MSI and Sager gaming laptops get so insanely hot. Trust me, I've had a few of them, and the G60 and G70 are just as bad as anything. Although they're really light and powerful.

EDIT: Oh, and the screens on MSI laptops can't compare to ASUS panels.

The G70 is 2.7 Vs the G75's 2.0 So yes the G75 is thinner. Also the G75 is thinner in the front.

I used a G70 and the keys suck. I like my Cherry MX browns way way better then the G70's "But that's a given my dektop kb is much nicer" But the G70 just had that cheap mechanical keyboard feel.

Woots
10-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Just buy a mechnical keyboard and plug it into the laptop... problem solved :D

Right now Steelseries makes the best mechnical keyboards from what I see around the web.

6Gv2 http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-6gv2

7G http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-7g