PDA

View Full Version : Help with g53sx gpu fan issue

ashdydiee
10-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Hello, recently i bought asus g53sx on ebay. everything was fine until 3-4mths my laptop starts giving out crackling sound although not that loud sounds. i think it come from my gpu fan. during intense gaming my temperature is high between 72-80+C. is it normal or is there an problem with my laptop especially my gpu fan? sorry for my bad english. the sound only start whenever i play games or when my laptop has been switched on for 5mins or longer. any help really appreciate. fyi i have experience in disassembling notebooks but not gseries laptops.

dstrakele
10-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Your temperatures while gaming sound normal, but the noticeable increase in your laptop's fan noise is likely a hardware issue that will require a repair to resolve. Note that I am assuming your diagnosis that it is truly a fan problem is correct. The G53 models have a power pin connector issue that may also result in a slight crackling sound in that general area of the laptop.

You'll need to decide whether to send the laptop to ASUS, or a local computer repair shop, or do the repair yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdQi2GMQRu8 will give you an idea of what's involved to aid your decision.

SUKARA@ASUS
10-09-2012, 03:02 AM
1:Please make sure that whether the FAN works fine when the CPU temperature is high. Check that whether you can feel the airflow from the radiator.

2:Is there any sound of alarm?

3:You may have already installed lots of other programs, so could you please turn off some programs that are not in common use to see whether the heating problem still exists?

4:The heating problem may also caused by certain virus. So, please use virus removal software to kill any possible virus that may cause this problem.

5:If all the solutions above do not solve the problem, you can try and re-install your OS again. Do not forget to backup your important datum before the operation nor visit the Internet before you have the firewall installed in case of virus attack.