PDA

View Full Version : GV75 Freezes

loky00
10-11-2012, 01:51 AM
Hi,

A few days ago i starting having issues with the laptop. I was watching a movie and suddenly it froze, the screen turn brown and the sound started looping. I restarted it, logged in in Windows, checked the temperatures on the system, everything looked fine and continued to watch the movie. After a short while it froze again, the screen turn again a different color and the sound started looping again. Restarted and again it froze before window log in screen with a blue color on the screen. Powered down, went in BIOS to see if there is something there to set and if froze in BIOS too, the screen turned greenish. Restarted again, froze again now, when the "Republic of gamers" logo was displayed (all screen turned black).
Tried starting it again after a day, i managed to get into windows, then it froze again.
My conclusion is that when it freezes the displays turn to the color that is most visible before freeze, and after starting it after a longer period of time it starts freezing faster and faster as i restart it.

Can you guys advise me if is there anything i can do about it, or should i just send it to warranty?

Thanks.

dstrakele
10-11-2012, 02:45 AM
Your report of the laptop freezing while in the BIOS indicates the problem is likely hardware in nature. Windows is not even loaded at that point.

I would probably run memtest86+ for at least 3 passes to confirm your laptop's memory is sound. Replacing a defective memory stick could be an easy fix that could avoid the time lost without a laptop during an RMA.

How long have you owned this laptop? You may want to contact your retailer to exchange the laptop for a new one if you are still within the exchange/return period.

AzraelsKiss
10-11-2012, 02:54 AM
Could also be a power issue. Bad battery or power supply throwing bad power, or even a failing or failed capacitor in the system. It'll probably be necessary to RMA no matter what the hardware issue is.

_
10-11-2012, 03:31 AM
Take it back - green screen sounds like a GPU issue.